The Confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: How is The Confession so Far?
Great!

Good

Okay

Bad

You should stop now!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 21164 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »

Awesome update, my only nitpick is that you should use only maps from the atlas; the Wikipedia ones never turn out right Wink
HST1948

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »

Awesome update, my only nitpick is that you should use only maps from the atlas; the Wikipedia ones never turn out right Wink

Thanks for the advice, will do Smiley
HST1948

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »

CNN Election 2008: Super Tuesday Coverage

Anderson Cooper: Welcome back.  We can now call two very close races in Illinois.  On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton will win the Illinois primary by a narrow margin, while on the Republican side Rudy Giuliani will carry the state.

Clinton Clinches Victory in Illinois

Clinton 49%- McGreevey 48%

Giuliani Squeezes in Illinois Victory

Giuliani 45%- Brownback 40%- Romney 8%- Paul 6%

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:01 PM »

Sure thing.  Interesting update by the way, I can see Illinois coming into play in the general.  Starting to look like Mr. McGreevy vs. Rudy.  Did I mention I enjoyed that update about Rudy's drag?  Wink.  Also, what's Mittington doing ITTL?
HST1948

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »

Sure thing.  Interesting update by the way, I can see Illinois coming into play in the general.  Starting to look like Mr. McGreevy vs. Rudy.  Did I mention I enjoyed that update about Rudy's drag?  Wink.  Also, what's Mittington doing ITTL?

Thanks. I had to include Rudy's drag somewhere in this time line Wink.  In this scenario Mittens kind of fell apart  after Giuliani won Florida and Maine.  In the next few updates I'll have Mitt address some of his future plans.   
HST1948

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 05:26:46 PM by HST1948 »

CNN Election 2008: Super Tuesday Coverage

Anderson Cooper:
Now that the results from out west are in we can now project that in the state of Utah Hillary Clinton will claim victory on the Democratic side while Mitt Romney will claim victory on the Republican side.  

Clinton Wins Utah Caucus

Clinton 53%- McGreevey 47%

Romney Wins Utah Caucus

Romney 60%- Paul 15%- Giuliani 15%- Brownback 10%

Wolf Blitzer: We can now project that in the Republican caucus of Montana, which only the Republicans hold on Super Tuesday this year, Senator Brown back will win the caucus. We can also project that Hillary Clinton will win the Idaho Democratic Caucus tonight.

Brownback Takes Montana

Brownback 30%- Paul 24%- Giuliani 23%- Romney 23%

Clinton Takes Idaho

Clinton 58%- McGreevey 42%

John King: We can now project that with over sixty percent of the precincts in the Governor McGreevey will win the Democratic Primary in the state of California while former Mayor Giuliani will win that states primary on the Republican side.

Wolf Blitzer: This is truly a game changer.  I think that this makes Governor MCGreevey a definitive frontrunner to capture the Democratic nomination. With the help of endorsements from Dianne Feinstein, Former Governor and current Oakland mayor Jerry Brown and mayors Gavin Newsome and Antonio Villaraigosa helped tip what was once concidered a safe Clinton buffer state into a major McGreevey win. We can project that McGreevey will end up winning the state with about fifty one percent of the vote to Clinton's forth eight percent.  Lets take a look at the maps.

McGreevey Wins California Primary

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 48%

Giuliani Wins California Primary

Giuliani 47%- Browback 38%- Romney 10%- Paul 4%

Anderson Cooper: At this time we can finally conclude Super Tuesday 2008 with our Alaska projections.  On the Democratic side Hillary Clinton will win the Alaska Caucus while on the Republican side Sam Brownback will narrowly win the Alaska caucus where Ron Paul will finish a very close second.  

Clinton Wins Alaska Caucus

Clinton 53%- McGreevey 47%

Brownback Scores A Victory in Alaska

Borwnback 35%- Paul 34%- Giuliani 24%- Romney- 7%

Anderson Cooper: Lets look at the map and see where things stand for both parties as of tonight.

The Democratic Nomination Post Super Tuesday

The Republican Nomination Post Super Tuesday

John King: Please stay with us for continued coverage of Super Tuesday 2008.  We will be back in a minute and take you live to the candidates campaign headquarters.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

You have Mississippi colored in, but it didn't have its primary until March 11th.
HST1948

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

You have Mississippi colored in, but it didn't have its primary until March 11th.

Thanks for noticing the error Smiley.  I forgot to change the Mississippi from "republican" to "toss up" on the map generator.  Correction made.
HST1948

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »

Mitt Romney Campaign Headquarters, Boston Massachusetts

"I want to begin by saying thank you. It's great to be with you on this journey. And I look forward to joining with you many more times in the future. To all of you, thank you for caring enough about the future of America to stand with me and the Republican Party thorough this election, and for standing up and speaking out for conservative principles. As I said to you last year, conservative principles are needed now more than ever. We face a new generation of challenges, challenges which threaten our prosperity, our security and our future. What is it about American culture that has led us to become the most powerful nation in the history of the world? We believe in hard work and education. We love opportunity: almost all of us are immigrants or descendants of immigrants who came here for opportunity--opportunity is in our DNA. Americans love God, and those who don't have faith, typically believe in something greater than themselves--a "Purpose Driven Life." And we sacrifice everything we have, even our lives, for our families, our freedoms and our country. The values and beliefs of the free American people are the source of our nation's strength and they always will be!

I disagree with Mayor Giuliani on a number of issues, as many of you here know. But I agree with him on doing whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq, on finding and executing Osama bin Laden, and on eliminating Al Qaeda and terror. If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Governor McGreevey would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.

This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country.

I will continue to stand for conservative principles; I will fight alongside you for all the things we believe in. And one of those things is that we cannot allow the next President of the United States to retreat in the face evil extremism!!"- Governor Mitt Romney
HST1948

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »

McGreevey Campaign Headquarters, Princeton New Jersey

"Thank you everyone for being her today and showing your support for my candidacy. It is hard to believe that it was only a year ago that I entered this race as the underdog, a total unknown.  The media was quick to point out that I was polling at less than five percent and that I had no chance.  Well, I think we showed them tonight that they were wrong.  Tonight we showed that from every corner of this country people came together and stood up for the ideals and values that make the United States great.  People came together and sent forward a unified message that it is time for political leaders to stand up for the equality of all Americans, our children's future, and the needs of our senior citizens..."- Governor Jim McGreevey.  
HST1948

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »

Clinton Headquarters- White Plains, New York

"Thank you very much. You know, tonight, we are hearing the voices of people across America, people of all ages, of all colors, all faiths and all walks of life, people on the day shift, the night shift, the late shift, with the crying babies, moms and dads who want a better world for our children, young people who deserve a world of opportunity, all those who aren't in the headlines, but have always written America's story.

We must continue to be a nation that strives always to give each of our children a better future, a nation of optimists who believe our best days are yet to come, a nation of idealists, holding fast to our deepest values, that we are all created equal, that we all deserve to fulfill our God given potential, that we are destined for progress together.

It's the ideal inscribed on the base of the Statute of Liberty in this great city that has overlooked our harbor through wars and depression and the dark days of September 11, the words we all know that give voice to America's embrace -- "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free" -- a constant reminder that here in America, we face our challenges and we embrace all of our people.

So today we say with one voice -- give us the child who wants to learn, give us the people in need of work, give us the veterans who need our care. We say give us this economy to rebuild and this war to end. Give us this nation to heal, this world to lead, this moment to seize. I know we're ready." - Senator Hillary Clinton
HST1948

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »

Giuliani Headquarters- New York, New York

"Every four years, we are told that this presidential election is the most important election of our lifetime. This year — 2008 — IS the most important. This has already been historic. It is the longest presidential campaign in history. And it sometimes felt even longer. The American people realize this election represents a turning point. In two months they will decide the future direction of our nation. It's a decision to follow one path or another. "We the people" — the citizens of the United States — get to decide our next president ... not the media, not Hollywood celebrities, not anyone else. And tonight, "We the people" decided to choose someone with the leadership necessary to guide this country to the perilous circumstances that we are facing..." Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani. 
HST1948

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2012, 06:11:07 PM »

Brownback Headquarters, Little Rock Arkansas

"The Declaration of Independence states that all men are created equal---endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights and that governments are instituted among men to secure these rights, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. It is therefore appropriate that the President must take an oath---an oath required by and pledging fealty to our Constitution, for ours is a government of laws not men. Through our laws we enshrine our aspirations and respond to the challenges of our time.

My home state of Kansas was born of aspiration---the last word of our state motto is the Latin root for "aspiration." Aspiration for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All of those aspirations are worthy and each to some degree remains unfulfilled. Our challenges should be well known to us---millions of Americans actively seek gainful employment and cannot find it. Our public finances strain under the weight of commitments beyond our present means. Our families and social fabric fray against the crassness of modernity. Yet we have known worse and overcome more..." Governor Sam Brownback
HST1948

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »

Ron Paul Headquarters, Minneapolis, Minnesota

" ... next year the 100th anniversary of the Federal Reserve by repealing the Federal Reserve Act. (APPLAUSE)

AUDIENCE: End the Fed! End the Fed! End the Fed! End the Fed! End the Fed! End the Fed! End the Fed!

PAUL: But a lot has happened in the last four years. These problems have been going on for a long time. It'd be nice if we could blame one person or one administration, but it's been going on a long time, so -- so many young people here, I think you're realizing you're getting a bad rap for what you're inheriting. You'd like a much better deal. And the deal -- the better deal can be found in less government and only sending people to Washington who have actually read the Constitution and will obey the Constitution and take their oath of office seriously...

(APPLAUSE)

... which would be -- which would do so many wonderful things for us. Take, for instance, if you're tired of the wars -- I hope you're sick and tired of the wars that we're involved in...

(APPLAUSE)

... what if we had the return to the Constitution. The founders made sure in the document in the Constitution that the wars would only occur not by the executive branch, but only by the people, through their representatives in Congress. That's the way all wars should be declared. If necessary, they should be declared, won, and get them over with, and come home. That's the way it was supposed to be done."
- Congressman Ron Paul
retromike22
United States

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »

I really hope McGreevey comes out around March or April, and "confesses" in a major authentic speech, analgous to Obama's speech about race after Jeremiah Wright. And McGreevey still becomes the nominee, and his general election opponent is... Brownback.
HST1948

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »

I really hope McGreevey comes out around March or April, and "confesses" in a major authentic speech, analgous to Obama's speech about race after Jeremiah Wright. And McGreevey still becomes the nominee, and his general election opponent is... Brownback.

I can tell you that McGreevey's speech will certainly be authentic, but I haven't quite decided when it will happen.  I know the circumstances that lead to his "confession", I just haven't decided when yet.  And, don't worry I have some plans for Brownback's future in politics as well.  I'll try not to disappoint Smiley
HST1948

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 11:22:01 AM by HST1948 »

February 9th 2008

McGreevey wins Virgin Island Convention

McGreevey 60%- Clinton 38%

Clinton Wins Louisiana Primary

Clinton 56%- McGreevey 44%

Clinton Wins Nebraska Caucuses

Clinton 55%- McGreevey 45%

McGreevey Wins Washington Caucuses

McGreevey 53%- Clinton 47%

Brownback Wins Louisiana Caucus

Brownback 58%- Giuliani 32%- Paul 8%

Brownback Wins Kansas Caucus

Brownback  70%- Giuliani 21%- Paul 7%

Giuliani Wins Washington Caucuses

Giuliani 45%- Brownback  35%- Paul 20%

HST1948

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2012, 09:39:52 PM »

January 10, 2008: McGreevey Wins Maine Caucus

McGreevey 54%- Clinton 46%

New York Times: Trouble in Hillaryland: Clinton Campaign Manager Patti Solis Doyle Resigns: Will Stay on as Adviser, Replaced by Maggie Williams

HST1948

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »

January 12, 2012: The Potomac Primaries

McGreevey Wins Maryland

McGreevey 53%- Clinton 47%

McGreevey Narrowly Wins Virginia

McGreevey 49%- Clinton 48%

McGreevey Wins Washington D.C.

McGreevey 60%- Clinton 40%

Giuliani Wins Maryland Primary 

Giuliani 58%- Brownback 37%- Paul 5%

Brownback Wins The Virginia Primary

Brownback 47%- Giuliani 46%- Paul 6%

Giuliani Wins Washington D.C Primary

Giuliani 78%- Paul 12%- Brownback 10%

HST1948

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2012, 06:36:26 PM by HST1948 »

The Nominations As of February 14, 2008

Democratic Nomination

Former Presidential and Speculated 2008 Presidential Candidate Endorsements:

McGreevey
Chris Dodd
Joe Biden
Bill Richardson
Dennis Kucinich
Howard Dean
Russ Feingold
John Kerry
Mark Warner

Hillary Clinton
Evan Bayh
Tom Vilsak
Barack Obama
Wesley Clark
Tom Dashle

Republican Nomination

Former Presidential and Speculated 2008 Presidential Candidate Endorsements:

Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
Mitt Romney
Fred Thompson
Jim Gilmore
Tommy Thompson

Sam Brownback
Mike Huckabee
Duncan Hunter
Alan Keys
Tom Tancredo

National Polling

Jim McGreevey 44%- Rudy Giuliani 49%
Jim McGreevey 50%- Sam Brownback 45%

Hillary Clinton 42%- Rudy Giuliani 50%
Hillary Clinton 48%- Sam Brownback 46%

HST1948

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2012, 01:02:56 PM »

February 19, 2008

Giuliani Wins Wisconsin Primary

Giuliani 48%- Brownback 44%- Paul 8%

McGreevey Wins Wisconsin Primary

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 49%

McGreevey Wins Hawaii Caucus

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 42%

HST1948

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

February 20, 2008:McGreevey Campaign Bus, Somewhere in Ohio

Jim McGreevey: I want Golan to be promoted in the campaign. 

Anita Dunn: Jim you can't be serious. There were already rumors about the two of you while you were governor.  If you promote him the press is going to start digging, and they may just find something that could bring this campaign down.  Jim the rumors that the Star Tribune was reporting in New Jersey aren't just rumors, they're real and they have the ability to destroy this campaign. 

Jim McGreevey: Golan has worker harder than anyone else for this campaign.  He delivered Florida, Virginia, California and Wisconsin to us, without him there would be no campaign to destroy. 

Bob Shrum: Jim you just have to understand the optics of this. I know that this is said during every election, but this is the most important election in recent history, and you have the chance to win it. 

Jim McGreevey: Then let me win by promoting the person who has been delivering us victories.  Golan deserves this, he has done more for this campaign than anyone else. 

Anita Dunn: Jim you have gotta understand that we are not in New Jersey anymore and that every move you make, every person you promote comes under extreme scrutiny by the press.

Bob Shrum: Did Golan insist to be promoted? Did he threaten you?

Jim McGreevey: Absolutely not.  Last night he did ask me if he could take on a more important role in the campaign where he could put his talents to more use. He told me that he loves what he does but he feels like his efforts go unnoticed and unappreciated by the campaign...

Anita Dunn: Last night...?

McGreevey doesn't respond.

Bob Shrum: Dammit Jim. 

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

I should be reading this.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »

Just read this entire thing through, great tl.
HST1948

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

Just read this entire thing through, great tl.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish up the primary pretty soon and get under way with the general election. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies