The Confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:36:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Poll
Question: How is The Confession so Far?
Great!

Good

Okay

Bad

You should stop now!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 21242 times)
HST1948

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:10 AM »

McGreevey Wins Democrats Abroad Primary

Giuliani Wins American Samoa, Northern Mariana, and Puerto Rico Caucuses

HST1948

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »

February 26th 2008: McGreevey and Clinton Debate in Ohio 

The democratic debate stuck to the same talking points that both candidates had been hammering away at since they entered the race. The most notable event in an exchange when Clinton attacked Mcgreevey for being "too inexperienced in foreign policy and defense to be able to lead this nation for day one of his presidency in an age of global terrorism".  McGreevey played to the crowd when he responded, "Senator, I would like the American people to compare our records after the September 11th attacks. I set up a homeland task force in New Jersey to ensure the security and safety of our Nation's largest metropolitan area.  I put aside partisan differences and worked tirelessly with Governor Pitaki and Mayor Giuliani to continue the recovery efforts in New York City. And when the American people look at your record, Senator, what will they find? They will find that the most notable thing you have done in you almost eight years in the Senate is vote to authorize a reckless president to conduct an unconstitutional war at the expense of our children's futures".  The crowd went into wild applause.  This debate paved the way for the critical Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas Primaries on March 4th. 

HST1948

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:30 AM »

The Campaign to Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont

March 3, 2008: Clinton Campaigns at Case Western Reserve University

McGreevey in Cincinnati

Giuliani in Columbus

Brownback in Akron

March 3, 2008 Aggregate Ohio Polls

Democratic Primary
McGreevey 44%- Clinton 46%

Republican Primary
Giuliani 45%- Brownback 45%- Paul 4%

March 3, 2008 Aggregate Texas Polls

Democratic Primary
McGreevey 40%- Clinton 50%

Republican Primary
Giuliani 42%- Brownback 48%- Paul 6%

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »

Awesomeness
HST1948

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2012, 06:34:04 PM by HST1948 »

CNN Election 2008: Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont

Anderson Cooper:
Thank you for choosing to watch CNN for the latest Election coverage. Tonight the states of Vermont, Rhode Island, Texas and Ohio will all hold their primaries for both the Democratic and Republican nominations. In an unpredictable election season, this could be a make it our break it night for some campaigns.  

John King: Thank you Anderson.  At the top of the hour we can make calls in the states of Rhode Island and Vermont, for both parties.  On the Democratic side CNN can project that Governor McGreevey has won both primaries, while on the republican side we can project that Mayor Giuliani has also won both states.  

Jim McGreevey Wins Vermont

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 42%

McGreevey Wins Rhode Island

McGreevey 53%- Clinton 47%

Giuliani Wins Vermont

Giuliani 58%- Paul 30%- Brownback 10%

Giuliani Wins Rhode Island

Giuliani 50%- Brownback 40%- Paul 10%

Wolf Blitzer:
At this point the races in Ohio are still too close to call but we can project that in the state of Texas Senator Clinton will win both the primary and the caucus on the Democratic side and Senator Brownback will win on the Republican side.  

Clinton Wins Texas

Clinton 54%- McGreevey 46%

Brownback Wins in Texas

Brownback 48%- Giuliani 44- Paul 8%

Anderson Cooper: Three hours after polls closed in the state of Ohio we can now project that on the Democratic side Governor McGreevey will carry the state by the narrowest of margins. On the Republican side, the state will hand Mayor Giuliani a very narrow victory as well and give his campaign a much needed boost.  

McGreevey Narrowly Takes Ohio  

McGreevey 49.6%- Clinton 49.4%

Giuliani Wins Ohio

Giuliani 48.6%- Brownback 48.2%- Paul 4.0%

John King: With another night of primaries down in this incredibly unpredictable primary election, lets take a look at the updated primary maps.  

Democratic Nomination

Republican Nomination

HST1948

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »

Clinton Campaign Bus, Lancaster Pennsylvania

Patti Solis Doyle: Hillary, can we speak for a minute. 

Hillary Clinton: Come in. 

Patti Solis Doyle: I just got off the phone with Maggie [Williams] and after last night I'm not sure If it isn't time that we...

Hillary Clinton: That we what... gave up, gave in, let them win.  I won f-ing Texas Patti. 

Patti Solis Doyle: But you lost every other state that voted last night. Hillary, this prolonged primary is going to hurt the party in the fall, and to be honest... I don't think you can win this primary, not this time. 

Hillary Clinton: We still have Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Wyoming, Oregon, West Virginia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Indiana.  Don't tell me we can't win, don't.  Now get out!

Pattis Solis Doyle:
Senator, I have a great deal of respect for you and your career.  I wish you the best, but when we get to Philadelphia I'm going to get on a plane back to New York...

HST1948

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2012, 07:27:22 PM by HST1948 »

Sorry I haven't updated in a while... It's been a crazy few weeks!

March 8, 2008: Hillary Clinton Wins Wyoming Democratic Caucus

Clinton 55%- McGreevey 45%

Giuliani Wins the Guam Caucus

Giuliani 60%- Paul 30%- Brownback 10%

March 11, 2008: Clinton Wins Mississippi Primary

Clinton 60%- McGreevey 40%

April 5, 2008: Jim McGreevey Wins the Virgin Island Caucuses

McGreevey 57%- Clinton 43%
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »

Go McGreevy!
HST1948

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »

The Fight to Pennsylvania

Hillary Clinton Campaigns in Pittsburgh

McGreevey in Philadelphia

Giuliani in Lancaster

Brownback Rally in Allentown

Aggregate Pennsylvania Polls: April 21, 2008

Democratic Primary:
McGreevey: 48%
Clinton: 48%

Republican Primary:
Giuliani: 48%
Brownback: 44%
Pau: 4%
HST1948

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »

The 2008 Pennsylvania Primaries

Giuliani Wins Pennsylvania

Giuliani 48%- Brownback 46%- Paul 5%

McGreevey Wins the Pennsylvania Primary

McGreevey 49.7- Clinton 49.5

HST1948

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2012, 10:58:12 PM by HST1948 »

May 6, 2008: Indiana and North Carolina Primaries

Clinton Wins Indiana Primary

Clinton 51%- McGreevey 49%

Brownback Wins Indiana Primary

Brownback: 48.0%- Giuliani 47.6%- Paul 3.9%

McGreevey Wins in North Carolina

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 49%

Giuliani Wins North Carolina Primary

Giuliani 50%- McGreevey 47%- Paul 3%

Hillary Clinton Speech, Indianapolis

"Thank you Indiana! We really showed them tonight that we still have it in us and that we're not giving up. We showed them that we're gonna give them a fight.  And we showed them that we're going to the White House!  I know it's been a long journey, and that we have been told time and time again that our time has passed, but I think today Indiana has proved all of those wrong.  We're in this race until the end!..."

Hillary exits stage right and says to campaign manager Maggi Williams, "S**t! Tonight was bad.  I'm not done. This isn't the campaign I wanted to run!".

HST1948

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2012, 08:59:34 PM »

Updated Nomination Maps

Democratic Nomination

Republican Nomination

retromike22
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »

Hey Hillary Clinton was born in Illinois, not Indiana.
HST1948

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »

Hey Hillary Clinton was born in Illinois, not Indiana.

Thanks!  I knew she had grown up in Illinois, but I had always thought she was born in Indiana. Thanks for the correction!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »

So is Rudy the Presumptive Nominee?  And can we see Bill Weld or Pataki come out of retirement for a senate campaign?  Please... Wink
HST1948

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »

So is Rudy the Presumptive Nominee?  And can we see Bill Weld or Pataki come out of retirement for a senate campaign?  Please... Wink

I hadn't thought of Weld, but that's not a bad idea.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

Despite how we know this is going to play out, I'm still pulling for Hillary to be the Dem nominee.
HST1948

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »

May 20, 2008: Kentucky and Oregon Primaries

Clinton Takes Kentucky

Clinton 58%- McGreevey 42%

Brownback Takes Kentucky

Brownback 50%- Giuliani 47%- Paul 3%

McGreevey Takes Oregon

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 41%

Giuliani Wins the Oregon Primary

Giuliani 59%- Brownback 29%- Paul 11%

National Polling

McGreevey 45%- Giuliani 45%
McGreevey 49%- Brownback 43%

Clinton 44%- Giuliani 49%
Clinton 47%- Brownback 44%
HST1948

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »

May 27, 2008: Rudy Giuliani Wins Idaho with the Help of Ron Paul

Giuliani 36%- Paul 34%- Brownback 30%
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »

Awesome Timeline Cheesy
HST1948

« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »

Thanks! Smiley
HST1948

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

June 1, 2008: McGreevey Wins Puerto Rico Primary

McGreevey 56%- Clinton 44%
HST1948

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »

Braking News: McGreevey Wins South Dakota, Montana: Becomes Official Democratic Nominee

McGreevey Wins South Dakota

McGreevey 52%- Clinton 48%

McGreevey Wins Montana

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 49%

HST1948

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »

Breaking News: Clinton Concedes

"Thank you so much. Thank you all.

Well, this isn't exactly the party I'd planned, but I sure like the company.

I want to start today by saying how grateful I am to all of you - to everyone who poured your hearts and your hopes into this campaign, who drove for miles and lined the streets waving homemade signs, who scrimped and saved to raise money, who knocked on doors and made calls, who talked and sometimes argued with your friends and neighbors, who emailed and contributed online, who invested so much in our common enterprise, to the moms and dads who came to our events, who lifted their little girls and little boys on their shoulders and whispered in their ears, "See, you can be anything you want to be."

The way to continue our fight now - to accomplish the goals for which we stand - is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Jim McGreevey the next President of the United States.

Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him, and throw my full support behind him. And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Jim McGreevey as you have for me.

In his own life, Jim McGreevey has lived the American Dream. As a mayor and as a Governor- he has dedicated himself to ensuring the dream is realized. And in this campaign, he has inspired so many to become involved in the democratic process and invested in our common future.

Now when I started this race, I intended to win back the White House, and make sure we have a president who puts our country back on the path to peace, prosperity, and progress. And that's exactly what we're going to do by ensuring that Jim McGreevey walks through the doors of the Oval Office on January 20, 2009.

I understand that we all know this has been a tough fight. The Democratic Party is a family, and it's now time to restore the ties that bind us together and to come together around the ideals we share, the values we cherish, and the country we love.

We may have started on separate journeys - but today, our paths have merged. And we are all heading toward the same destination, united and more ready than ever to win in November and to turn our country around because so much is at stake.

We will make history together as we write the next chapter in America's story. We will stand united for the values we hold dear, for the vision of progress we share, and for the country we love. There is nothing more American than that.

Thank you all and God bless you and God bless America."
HST1948

« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »

Sioux Fall's South Dakota

"Tonight, after fifty-four hard-fought contests, our primary season has finally come to an end.
Sixteen months have passed since we first stood together on the steps of the Old State Capitol in Trenton New Jersey. Thousands of miles have been traveled. Millions of voices have been heard. And because of what you said – because you decided that change must come to Washington; because you believed that this year must be different than all the rest; because you chose to listen not to your doubts or your fears but to your greatest hopes and highest aspirations, tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another – a journey that will bring a new and better day to America. Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.

I want to thank every American who stood with us over the course of this campaign – through the good days and the bad; from the snows of Cedar Rapids to the sunshine of Sioux Falls. And tonight I also want to thank the men and woman who took this journey with me as fellow candidates for President.

At this defining moment for our nation, we should be proud that our party put forth one of the most talented, qualified field of individuals ever to run for this office. I have not just competed with them as rivals, I have learned from them as friends, as public servants, and as patriots who love America and are willing to work tirelessly to make this country better. They are leaders of this party, and leaders that America will turn to for years to come.

That is particularly true for the candidate who has traveled further on this journey than anyone else. Senator Hillary Clinton has made history in this campaign not just because she's a woman who has done what no woman has done before, but because she's a leader who inspires millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to the causes that brought us here tonight.

We've certainly had our differences over the last sixteen months. But as someone who's shared a stage with her many times, I can tell you that what gets Hillary Clinton up in the morning – even in the face of tough odds – is exactly what sent her and Bill Clinton to sign up for their first campaign in Texas all those years ago; what sent her to work at the Children's Defense Fund and made her fight for health care as First Lady; what led her to the United States Senate and fueled her barrier-breaking campaign for the presidency – an unyielding desire to improve the lives of ordinary Americans, no matter how difficult the fight may be. And you can rest assured that when we finally win the battle for universal health care in this country, she will be central to that victory. When we transform our energy policy and lift our children out of poverty, it will be because she worked to help make it happen. Our party and our country are better off because of her, and I am a better candidate for having had the honor to compete with Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In our country, I have found that this cooperation happens not because we agree on everything, but because behind all the labels and false divisions and categories that define us; beyond all the petty bickering and point-scoring in Washington, Americans are a decent, generous, compassionate people, united by common challenges and common hopes. And every so often, there are moments which call on that fundamental goodness to make this country great again.
So it was for that band of patriots who declared in a Philadelphia hall the formation of a more perfect union; and for all those who gave on the fields of Gettysburg and Antietam their last full measure of devotion to save that same union.

So it was for the Greatest Generation that conquered fear itself, and liberated a continent from tyranny, and made this country home to untold opportunity and prosperity.
So it was for the workers who stood out on the picket lines; the women who shattered glass ceilings; the children who braved a Selma bridge for freedom's cause.

So it has been for every generation that faced down the greatest challenges and the most improbable odds to leave their children a world that's better, and kinder, and more just.
And so it must be for us.

America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment – this was the time – when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies