Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 01:05:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Poll
Question: How is The Confession so Far?
Great!   -11 (64.7%)
Good   -3 (17.6%)
Okay   -2 (11.8%)
Bad   -0 (0%)
You should stop now!   -1 (5.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 5715 times)
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:10 am »
Ignore

McGreevey Wins Democrats Abroad Primary

Giuliani Wins American Samoa, Northern Mariana, and Puerto Rico Caucuses

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:50 am »
Ignore

February 26th 2008: McGreevey and Clinton Debate in Ohio 

The democratic debate stuck to the same talking points that both candidates had been hammering away at since they entered the race. The most notable event in an exchange when Clinton attacked Mcgreevey for being "too inexperienced in foreign policy and defense to be able to lead this nation for day one of his presidency in an age of global terrorism".  McGreevey played to the crowd when he responded, "Senator, I would like the American people to compare our records after the September 11th attacks. I set up a homeland task force in New Jersey to ensure the security and safety of our Nation's largest metropolitan area.  I put aside partisan differences and worked tirelessly with Governor Pitaki and Mayor Giuliani to continue the recovery efforts in New York City. And when the American people look at your record, Senator, what will they find? They will find that the most notable thing you have done in you almost eight years in the Senate is vote to authorize a reckless president to conduct an unconstitutional war at the expense of our children's futures".  The crowd went into wild applause.  This debate paved the way for the critical Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas Primaries on March 4th. 

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:30 am »
Ignore

The Campaign to Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont

March 3, 2008: Clinton Campaigns at Case Western Reserve University

McGreevey in Cincinnati

Giuliani in Columbus

Brownback in Akron

March 3, 2008 Aggregate Ohio Polls

Democratic Primary
McGreevey 44%- Clinton 46%

Republican Primary
Giuliani 45%- Brownback 45%- Paul 4%

March 3, 2008 Aggregate Texas Polls

Democratic Primary
McGreevey 40%- Clinton 50%

Republican Primary
Giuliani 42%- Brownback 48%- Paul 6%

-Obama
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:37 pm »
Ignore

Awesomeness

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:39 am »
Ignore

CNN Election 2008: Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont

Anderson Cooper:
Thank you for choosing to watch CNN for the latest Election coverage. Tonight the states of Vermont, Rhode Island, Texas and Ohio will all hold their primaries for both the Democratic and Republican nominations. In an unpredictable election season, this could be a make it our break it night for some campaigns.  

John King: Thank you Anderson.  At the top of the hour we can make calls in the states of Rhode Island and Vermont, for both parties.  On the Democratic side CNN can project that Governor McGreevey has won both primaries, while on the republican side we can project that Mayor Giuliani has also won both states.  

Jim McGreevey Wins Vermont

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 42%

McGreevey Wins Rhode Island

McGreevey 53%- Clinton 47%

Giuliani Wins Vermont

Giuliani 58%- Paul 30%- Brownback 10%

Giuliani Wins Rhode Island

Giuliani 50%- Brownback 40%- Paul 10%

Wolf Blitzer:
At this point the races in Ohio are still too close to call but we can project that in the state of Texas Senator Clinton will win both the primary and the caucus on the Democratic side and Senator Brownback will win on the Republican side.  

Clinton Wins Texas

Clinton 54%- McGreevey 46%

Brownback Wins in Texas

Brownback 48%- Giuliani 44- Paul 8%

Anderson Cooper: Three hours after polls closed in the state of Ohio we can now project that on the Democratic side Governor McGreevey will carry the state by the narrowest of margins. On the Republican side, the state will hand Mayor Giuliani a very narrow victory as well and give his campaign a much needed boost.  

McGreevey Narrowly Takes Ohio  

McGreevey 49.6%- Clinton 49.4%

Giuliani Wins Ohio

Giuliani 48.6%- Brownback 48.2%- Paul 4.0%

John King: With another night of primaries down in this incredibly unpredictable primary election, lets take a look at the updated primary maps.  

Democratic Nomination

Republican Nomination

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:34:04 pm by HST1948 »Logged

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:55 pm »
Ignore

Clinton Campaign Bus, Lancaster Pennsylvania

Patti Solis Doyle: Hillary, can we speak for a minute. 

Hillary Clinton: Come in. 

Patti Solis Doyle: I just got off the phone with Maggie [Williams] and after last night I'm not sure If it isn't time that we...

Hillary Clinton: That we what... gave up, gave in, let them win.  I won f-ing Texas Patti. 

Patti Solis Doyle: But you lost every other state that voted last night. Hillary, this prolonged primary is going to hurt the party in the fall, and to be honest... I don't think you can win this primary, not this time. 

Hillary Clinton: We still have Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Wyoming, Oregon, West Virginia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Indiana.  Don't tell me we can't win, don't.  Now get out!

Pattis Solis Doyle:
Senator, I have a great deal of respect for you and your career.  I wish you the best, but when we get to Philadelphia I'm going to get on a plane back to New York...

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
Ignore

Sorry I haven't updated in a while... It's been a crazy few weeks!

March 8, 2008: Hillary Clinton Wins Wyoming Democratic Caucus

Clinton 55%- McGreevey 45%

Giuliani Wins the Guam Caucus

Giuliani 60%- Paul 30%- Brownback 10%

March 11, 2008: Clinton Wins Mississippi Primary

Clinton 60%- McGreevey 40%

April 5, 2008: Jim McGreevey Wins the Virgin Island Caucuses

McGreevey 57%- Clinton 43%
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:27:22 pm by HST1948 »Logged

-Obama
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2012, 07:28:43 pm »
Ignore

Go McGreevy!

HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »
Ignore

The Fight to Pennsylvania

Hillary Clinton Campaigns in Pittsburgh

McGreevey in Philadelphia

Giuliani in Lancaster

Brownback Rally in Allentown

Aggregate Pennsylvania Polls: April 21, 2008

Democratic Primary:
McGreevey: 48%
Clinton: 48%

Republican Primary:
Giuliani: 48%
Brownback: 44%
Pau: 4%

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2012, 07:59:01 pm »
Ignore

The 2008 Pennsylvania Primaries

Giuliani Wins Pennsylvania

Giuliani 48%- Brownback 46%- Paul 5%

McGreevey Wins the Pennsylvania Primary

McGreevey 49.7- Clinton 49.5

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »
Ignore

May 6, 2008: Indiana and North Carolina Primaries

Clinton Wins Indiana Primary

Clinton 51%- McGreevey 49%

Brownback Wins Indiana Primary

Brownback: 48.0%- Giuliani 47.6%- Paul 3.9%

McGreevey Wins in North Carolina

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 49%

Giuliani Wins North Carolina Primary

Giuliani 50%- McGreevey 47%- Paul 3%

Hillary Clinton Speech, Indianapolis

"Thank you Indiana! We really showed them tonight that we still have it in us and that we're not giving up. We showed them that we're gonna give them a fight.  And we showed them that we're going to the White House!  I know it's been a long journey, and that we have been told time and time again that our time has passed, but I think today Indiana has proved all of those wrong.  We're in this race until the end!..."

Hillary exits stage right and says to campaign manager Maggi Williams, "S**t! Tonight was bad.  I'm not done. This isn't the campaign I wanted to run!".

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:58:12 pm by HST1948 »Logged

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »
Ignore

Updated Nomination Maps

Democratic Nomination

Republican Nomination

-Obama
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:17 pm »
Ignore

Hey Hillary Clinton was born in Illinois, not Indiana.

I wrote and directed my own movie. It's about an intern, a doctor, a mayor, a cross dressing prostitute, farmers, aliens, and zombies:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181696.0
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »
Ignore

Hey Hillary Clinton was born in Illinois, not Indiana.

Thanks!  I knew she had grown up in Illinois, but I had always thought she was born in Indiana. Thanks for the correction!

-Obama
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2012, 11:09:08 pm »
Ignore

The Iraq vote hurt Clinton and Kerry for that matter. And its "Pataki." Don't worry, I had trouble spelling that name among others for a long time too. Pennsylvania and Ohio hurt Clinton. However, shes winning in some places that she didn't in real life against Obama, she won Illinois, and held Texas which was critical.

the birth of modern america & onward timeline(http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new)results of four most previous elections.....
election 1912
Underwood: 267 Cutchens: 264 Lafolette: 0 Debs: 0 266 to win
election 1916
Underwood (i): 224 Curtis: 254 Johnson: 53 266 to win
House Underwood (i): 26 Curtis: 12 Johnson: 10 25 to win
election 1920
Roosevelt: 260 Lowden: 271 McAdoo: 0 266 to win
election 1924
Thomas: 262 Lowden (i): 269 266 to win
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012, 05:28:26 pm »
Ignore

So is Rudy the Presumptive Nominee?  And can we see Bill Weld or Pataki come out of retirement for a senate campaign?  Please... Wink

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »
Ignore

So is Rudy the Presumptive Nominee?  And can we see Bill Weld or Pataki come out of retirement for a senate campaign?  Please... Wink

I hadn't thought of Weld, but that's not a bad idea.

-Obama
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:01 pm »
Ignore

Despite how we know this is going to play out, I'm still pulling for Hillary to be the Dem nominee.

HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »
Ignore

May 20, 2008: Kentucky and Oregon Primaries

Clinton Takes Kentucky

Clinton 58%- McGreevey 42%

Brownback Takes Kentucky

Brownback 50%- Giuliani 47%- Paul 3%

McGreevey Takes Oregon

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 41%

Giuliani Wins the Oregon Primary

Giuliani 59%- Brownback 29%- Paul 11%

National Polling

McGreevey 45%- Giuliani 45%
McGreevey 49%- Brownback 43%

Clinton 44%- Giuliani 49%
Clinton 47%- Brownback 44%

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »
Ignore

May 27, 2008: Rudy Giuliani Wins Idaho with the Help of Ron Paul

Giuliani 36%- Paul 34%- Brownback 30%

-Obama
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2012, 10:57:12 pm »
Ignore

Awesome Timeline Cheesy
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02:40 pm »
Ignore

Awesome Timeline Cheesy

Thanks! Smiley

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »
Ignore

June 1, 2008: McGreevey Wins Puerto Rico Primary

McGreevey 56%- Clinton 44%

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2012, 05:47:02 pm »
Ignore

Braking News: McGreevey Wins South Dakota, Montana: Becomes Official Democratic Nominee

McGreevey Wins South Dakota

McGreevey 52%- Clinton 48%

McGreevey Wins Montana

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 49%

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »
Ignore

Breaking News: Clinton Concedes

"Thank you so much. Thank you all.

Well, this isn't exactly the party I'd planned, but I sure like the company.

I want to start today by saying how grateful I am to all of you - to everyone who poured your hearts and your hopes into this campaign, who drove for miles and lined the streets waving homemade signs, who scrimped and saved to raise money, who knocked on doors and made calls, who talked and sometimes argued with your friends and neighbors, who emailed and contributed online, who invested so much in our common enterprise, to the moms and dads who came to our events, who lifted their little girls and little boys on their shoulders and whispered in their ears, "See, you can be anything you want to be."

The way to continue our fight now - to accomplish the goals for which we stand - is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Jim McGreevey the next President of the United States.

Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him, and throw my full support behind him. And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Jim McGreevey as you have for me.

In his own life, Jim McGreevey has lived the American Dream. As a mayor and as a Governor- he has dedicated himself to ensuring the dream is realized. And in this campaign, he has inspired so many to become involved in the democratic process and invested in our common future.

Now when I started this race, I intended to win back the White House, and make sure we have a president who puts our country back on the path to peace, prosperity, and progress. And that's exactly what we're going to do by ensuring that Jim McGreevey walks through the doors of the Oval Office on January 20, 2009.

I understand that we all know this has been a tough fight. The Democratic Party is a family, and it's now time to restore the ties that bind us together and to come together around the ideals we share, the values we cherish, and the country we love.

We may have started on separate journeys - but today, our paths have merged. And we are all heading toward the same destination, united and more ready than ever to win in November and to turn our country around because so much is at stake.

We will make history together as we write the next chapter in America's story. We will stand united for the values we hold dear, for the vision of progress we share, and for the country we love. There is nothing more American than that.

Thank you all and God bless you and God bless America."

-Obama
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout