Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 11:03:01 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Poll
Question: How is The Confession so Far?
Great!   -11 (64.7%)
Good   -3 (17.6%)
Okay   -2 (11.8%)
Bad   -0 (0%)
You should stop now!   -1 (5.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 5474 times)
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:19 pm »
Ignore

Sioux Fall's South Dakota

"Tonight, after fifty-four hard-fought contests, our primary season has finally come to an end.
Sixteen months have passed since we first stood together on the steps of the Old State Capitol in Trenton New Jersey. Thousands of miles have been traveled. Millions of voices have been heard. And because of what you said – because you decided that change must come to Washington; because you believed that this year must be different than all the rest; because you chose to listen not to your doubts or your fears but to your greatest hopes and highest aspirations, tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another – a journey that will bring a new and better day to America. Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.

I want to thank every American who stood with us over the course of this campaign – through the good days and the bad; from the snows of Cedar Rapids to the sunshine of Sioux Falls. And tonight I also want to thank the men and woman who took this journey with me as fellow candidates for President.

At this defining moment for our nation, we should be proud that our party put forth one of the most talented, qualified field of individuals ever to run for this office. I have not just competed with them as rivals, I have learned from them as friends, as public servants, and as patriots who love America and are willing to work tirelessly to make this country better. They are leaders of this party, and leaders that America will turn to for years to come.

That is particularly true for the candidate who has traveled further on this journey than anyone else. Senator Hillary Clinton has made history in this campaign not just because she's a woman who has done what no woman has done before, but because she's a leader who inspires millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to the causes that brought us here tonight.

We've certainly had our differences over the last sixteen months. But as someone who's shared a stage with her many times, I can tell you that what gets Hillary Clinton up in the morning – even in the face of tough odds – is exactly what sent her and Bill Clinton to sign up for their first campaign in Texas all those years ago; what sent her to work at the Children's Defense Fund and made her fight for health care as First Lady; what led her to the United States Senate and fueled her barrier-breaking campaign for the presidency – an unyielding desire to improve the lives of ordinary Americans, no matter how difficult the fight may be. And you can rest assured that when we finally win the battle for universal health care in this country, she will be central to that victory. When we transform our energy policy and lift our children out of poverty, it will be because she worked to help make it happen. Our party and our country are better off because of her, and I am a better candidate for having had the honor to compete with Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In our country, I have found that this cooperation happens not because we agree on everything, but because behind all the labels and false divisions and categories that define us; beyond all the petty bickering and point-scoring in Washington, Americans are a decent, generous, compassionate people, united by common challenges and common hopes. And every so often, there are moments which call on that fundamental goodness to make this country great again.
So it was for that band of patriots who declared in a Philadelphia hall the formation of a more perfect union; and for all those who gave on the fields of Gettysburg and Antietam their last full measure of devotion to save that same union.

So it was for the Greatest Generation that conquered fear itself, and liberated a continent from tyranny, and made this country home to untold opportunity and prosperity.
So it was for the workers who stood out on the picket lines; the women who shattered glass ceilings; the children who braved a Selma bridge for freedom's cause.

So it has been for every generation that faced down the greatest challenges and the most improbable odds to leave their children a world that's better, and kinder, and more just.
And so it must be for us.

America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment – this was the time – when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America."

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2012, 06:23:35 pm »
Ignore

Breaking Rudy Giuliani Wins South Dakota and New Mexico Primaries, Clinches Nomination  

Giuliani Takes South Dakota

Giuliani 54%- Brownback 40%-  Paul 6%

Giuliani Sweeps New Mexico

Giuliani 59%- Brownback 30%- Paul 11%

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2012, 06:32:48 pm »
Ignore

Brownback Concedes

"Thank you very much.

Ladies and gentlemen, I called Mayor Giuliani a few moments ago. It looks pretty apparent tonight that he will, in fact, achieve 1,191 delegates to become the Republican nominee for our party.

I extended to him not only my congratulations, but my commitment to him and to the party to do everything possible to unite our party, but more importantly to unite our country, so that we can be the best nation we can be, not for ourselves, but for the future generations to whom we owe everything, just as we owe previous generations all that they have done for us.

Mayor Giuliani has run an honorable campaign because he's an honorable man. One of the things I'm proudest of is that the two campaigns that I believe have been run in the most civil manner are the two in the Republican Party that have lasted on their feet to the final. And I'm grateful for the manner in which he has conducted his campaign.

I have so many people to thank, starting with this lady here to my right, who I still believe...
And, by the way, I think it's fitting that she got better applause than me, because she deserves it. She truly does.

She's been through so much. She is a magnificent first lady of Arkansas for 10 1/2 years, and I always believed she would be a wonderful first lady for the United States, as well. And I'm grateful for her patience and perseverance through every step of this wonderful journey we've had.

I'm grateful for my family. Some of you may have heard me say this, and it's true: My family didn't have to be persuaded or begged to give their permission and blessing for me to get involved in this campaign. In fact, they were ready for me to do it before I was. Truth is, I was the holdout; they weren't.

And what a wonderful, magnificent gift they've given me with their loyalty and their dedication, involving themselves with their sleeves rolled up every single day of this effort, giving 110 percent of themselves. And for that, I will always be grateful.
The apostle Paul wrote that, "I fought the good fight; I've finished the race; and I've kept the faith." And I believe tonight that one of the things that we will be able to say is not only that we fought the good fight and finished the race; we'd like to have finished it first, but we stayed in until the race was over.

But I think, more importantly, we've kept the faith. And that for me has been the most important goal of all. I'd rather lose an election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place.

For all of the conservatives of this country and party who want less government and who want what government they have to be a little more efficient, a little more effective, a little less filled with corruption, and a whole lot filled with the kind of competence that we pay for, I also believe that there are people out there for whom I hope I've given a voice, and that's the people who believe that we need to really overhaul our tax system and implement the Fair Tax and get rid of the IRS.

And I believe that we've given voice to folks who are single moms and those guys who are out there working two shifts trying to make sure they can just keep the rent paid and put food on the table for their families. All across this country, we've stood at rallies and I have looked into the faces of amazing people who love their country, who cherish their families, who work very hard at their jobs, who worship God, and who give very sacrificially to others, even when it would be very easy for them to keep their time and their money totally to themselves.
But they know that's not what made America a great country. It's giving that did.

Well, we'll go home tonight and hopefully bring our team together for the transition. We'll be working on doing everything we can to help Mayor Giuliani and to help our party, to help those who run for the Senate and the Congress, because there are many battles this year that we need not just to fight; we need to win them, for our country's sake and our future's sake.
It's time for us to hit the reset button. Sometimes when the computer stalls, that's what you do: You hit the reset button.

But in doing so, we also recognize the extraordinary privilege that we've had and the amazing people who have been there for the journey.

We aren't going away completely. We want to be a part of helping to keep the issues alive that have kept us in this race.

And, by the way, I know there were many who thought we wouldn't make it to March '07, much less March '08. And we've done so because so many of you worked beyond your capacity and gave in ways I can't even begin to imagine.

Neither my wife nor I have the words to say, "Thanks." We can only thank you with hopefully our future actions, that we will work hard for our country, we will work hard for our party and the nominee, because we love this country and that's why we got in.

And until our country is all that we hope and pray it to be, we won't be able to walk away completely.

And now we join with Mayor Giuliani and the rest in our party to continue that battle, to continue that fight, not for who gets elected, but for what we do in maintaining liberty and freedom when we get elected and when our country's flag still waves proudly on the wall.

Thank you, folks. God bless you. We love you. And thank you very, very much for going the journey with us. Thank you."

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
Ignore

Giuliani Victory Speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico

"Thank you. I am very grateful for the broad support you have given our campaign. And I am very pleased to note that tonight, my friends, we have won enough delegates to claim with confidence, humility and a sense of great responsibility that I will be the Republican nominee for President of the United States.

I want to thank my family: my wife, my children, and our dear friends who have been throughout this campaign, and will remain in the challenging months ahead, an unwavering source of support and love.

America is at war in two countries, and involved in a long and difficult fight with violent extremists who despise us, our values and modernity itself. It is of little use to Americans for their candidates to avoid the many complex challenges of these struggles by re-litigating decisions of the past. I will defend the decision to destroy Saddam Hussein's regime as I criticized the failed tactics that were employed for too long to establish the conditions that will allow us to leave that country with our country's interests secure and our honor intact. But Americans know that the next President doesn't get to re-make that decision. We are in Iraq and our most vital security interests are clearly involved there. The next President must explain how he or she intends to bring that war to the swiftest possible conclusion without exacerbating a sectarian conflict that could quickly descend into genocide; destabilizing the entire Middle East; enabling our adversaries in the region to extend their influence and undermine our security there; and emboldening terrorists to attack us elsewhere with weapons we dare not allow them to possess.

The next President must encourage the greater participation and cooperation of our allies in the fight against al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The next President must lead an effort to restructure our military, our intelligence, our diplomacy and all relevant branches of government to combat Islamic extremism, encourage the vast majority of moderates to win the battle for the soul of Islam, and meet the many other rising challenges in this changing world.

I will leave it to my opponent to argue that we should abrogate trade treaties, and pretend the global economy will go away and Americans can secure our future by trading and investing only among ourselves. We will campaign in favor of seizing the opportunities presented by the growth of free markets throughout the world, helping displaced workers acquire new and lasting employment and educating our children to prepare them for the new economic realities by giving parents choices about their children's education they do not have now.

I will leave it to my opponent to claim that they can keep companies and jobs from going overseas by making it harder for them to do business here at home. We will campaign to strengthen job growth in America by helping businesses become more competitive with lower taxes and less regulation.

I will leave it to my opponent to propose returning to the failed, big government mandates of the sixties and seventies to address problems such as the lack of health care insurance for some Americans. I will campaign to make health care more accessible to more Americans with reforms that will bring down costs in the health care industry down without ruining the quality of the world's best medical care.

And I will campaign to reduce our dangerous dependence on foreign oil with an energy policy that encourages American industry and technology to make our country safer, cleaner and more prosperous by leading the world in the use, development and discovery of alternative sources of energy.

These are some of the challenges that confront us. There are others just as urgent, and during this campaign I'll travel across the country in cities and rural areas, in communities of all ethnic backgrounds and income levels, offering my ideas and listening to the concerns and advice of Americans. Americans aren't interested in an election where they are just talked to and not listened to; an election that offers platitudes instead of principles and insults instead of ideas; an election that results -- no matter who wins -- in four years of unkept promises and a government that is just a battleground for the next election. Their patience is at an end for politicians who value ambition over principle, and for partisanship that is less a contest of ideas than an uncivil brawl over the spoils of power.

Nothing is inevitable in America. We are the captains of our fate. We're not a country that prefers nostalgia to optimism; a country that would rather go back than forward. We're the world's leader, and leaders don't pine for the past and dread the future. We make the future better than the past. We don't hide from history. We make history. That, my friends, is the essence of hope in America, hope built on courage, and faith in the values and principles that have made us great. I intend to make my stand on those principles and chart a course for our future greatness, and trust in the judgment of the people I have served all my life. So stand up with me, my friends, stand up and fight for America -- for her strength, her ideals, and her future. The contest begins tonight. It will have its ups and downs. But we will fight every minute of every day to make certain we have a government that is as capable, wise, brave and decent as the great people we serve. That is our responsibility and I will not let you down."

-Obama
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »
Ignore

The Official 2008 Primary Results

2008 Democratic Primary

Popular Vote
Hillary Clinton 47.5%- McGreevey 46.9%

2008 Republican Nomination

Popular Vote
Giuliani 45.4%- Brownback 40.0%- Paul 6.7%- Romney 4.8%

Gallup Post Primary National Polling
Giuliani 47%- McGreevey 44%

June Aggregate State Polling

This Concludes Part 1 of The Confession. Part 2 Will Cover the General Election Between Mayor Giuliani and Governor McGreevey!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:15:31 pm by HST1948 »Logged

-Obama
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »
Ignore

This is a great timeline. Cheesy

Will you be continuing it beyond the 2008 election (until at least 2012?)

HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »
Ignore

This is a great timeline. Cheesy

Will you be continuing it beyond the 2008 election (until at least 2012?)

Absolutely! Things have been hectic lately so its been taking me a while to update but I plan on going at least until 2012. 

-Obama
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 03:16:55 pm »
Ignore

I really hope McGreevey comes out around March or April, and "confesses" in a major authentic speech, analgous to Obama's speech about race after Jeremiah Wright. And McGreevey still becomes the nominee, and his general election opponent is... Brownback.

I can tell you that McGreevey's speech will certainly be authentic, but I haven't quite decided when it will happen.  I know the circumstances that lead to his "confession", I just haven't decided when yet.  And, don't worry I have some plans for Brownback's future in politics as well.  I'll try not to disappoint Smiley

Wait, he hasn't come out yet?  Sorry, I just assumed he had.  Keep up the great work as always!

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2012, 03:31:47 pm »
Ignore

So is Rudy the Presumptive Nominee?  And can we see Bill Weld or Pataki come out of retirement for a senate campaign?  Please... Wink

I hadn't thought of Weld, but that's not a bad idea.

He's one of my few non-Ron Paul political heroes Wink.  I think he was cheated out of the GOP nomination for governor in 06 and I think he could've won senate or governor, but for Pataki and Rudy's indecision in 2010

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »
Ignore

I really hope McGreevey comes out around March or April, and "confesses" in a major authentic speech, analgous to Obama's speech about race after Jeremiah Wright. And McGreevey still becomes the nominee, and his general election opponent is... Brownback.

I can tell you that McGreevey's speech will certainly be authentic, but I haven't quite decided when it will happen.  I know the circumstances that lead to his "confession", I just haven't decided when yet.  And, don't worry I have some plans for Brownback's future in politics as well.  I'll try not to disappoint Smiley

Wait, he hasn't come out yet?  Sorry, I just assumed he had.  Keep up the great work as always!

Nope he hasn't come out yet, I'm saving that one for later.  Will do and thanks!
He's one of my few non-Ron Paul political heroes Wink.  I think he was cheated out of the GOP nomination for governor in 06 and I think he could've won senate or governor, but for Pataki and Rudy's indecision in 2010

I like Weld too and will see if I can't fit him into my timeline!

-Obama
retromike22
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2013, 05:14:28 pm »
Ignore

Update!

I wrote and directed my own movie. It's about an intern, a doctor, a mayor, a cross dressing prostitute, farmers, aliens, and zombies:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181696.0
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2013, 05:25:57 pm »
Ignore

What is this?

Immortal Sockhead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print