General Wesley Clark (D) vs General Tommy Franks (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  General Wesley Clark (D) vs General Tommy Franks (R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for who would win?
Clark/Clark

Clark/Franks

Franks/Franks

Franks/Clark

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: General Wesley Clark (D) vs General Tommy Franks (R)  (Read 1843 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »

A little far fetched for 2008 but, defintley could happen.  I have heard rumors that Franks will run.  Well not really but he is on the list of possibles.

vs
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 02:57:45 PM »

Since both Generals are from the south I guess Franks would have the advantage because of the *R* next to his name.  4 Star General vs 4 Star General.  I actually like them both.  Im not sure how conservative Franks when it comes domestic issues? He did a great job with invading and overthrowing the Taliban in Afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq was a success.  Cant say the same about the occupation.  Would it be a close one?  Is the map accurate or am I giving Franks to much credit in the South over Clark?

IMHO You're giving Clark alot more states than he'd get in RL I believe Franks would take almost all of the midwest.

As far as Franks' conservatism goes I remember a interview he did with Sean Hannity where it sounded like he was undecided on who he would vote for in 2004 but he was not going to vote for Kerry. I believe Franks is probably a moderate Republican.
skybridge
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »

Since both Generals are from the south I guess Franks would have the advantage because of the *R* next to his name.  4 Star General vs 4 Star General.  I actually like them both.  Im not sure how conservative Franks when it comes domestic issues? He did a great job with invading and overthrowing the Taliban in Afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq was a success.  Cant say the same about the occupation.  Would it be a close one?  Is the map accurate or am I giving Franks to much credit in the South over Clark?

IMHO You're giving Clark alot more states than he'd get in RL I believe Franks would take almost all of the midwest.

As far as Franks' conservatism goes I remember a interview he did with Sean Hannity where it sounded like he was undecided on who he would vote for in 2004 but he was not going to vote for Kerry. I believe Franks is probably a moderate Republican.

Funny, just leave out Ohio
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 04:47:20 PM »

Tommy would win it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 05:16:03 PM »

I am shocked you think so.....oh wait.....no I'm not......
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 06:04:19 PM »

Clark would win.  A Democrat and a General. 
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 10:33:46 PM »

Definitely gotta vote Clark.  Unlike Tommy Franks, Clark is a West Point grad.  Tommy Franks said in his interview on Dave Letterman that he dropped out of U of TX because "I wasn't smart enough to hack it".
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 10:37:58 PM »

by watching wes's "speeches" it seems hes a bit retarded
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 10:41:15 PM »

quite the opposite, but you dems do like to be blindly optimistic Smiley
Cashcow

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 10:42:45 PM »

They hit Kerry with a weakness on security... "He can't keep you safe." Wouldn't work here. Clark wins.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 10:46:57 PM »

They hit Kerry with a weakness on security... "He can't keep you safe." Wouldn't work here. Clark wins.

no, we bring up clarks bizzarre service in europe and the fact that hes a lib
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 11:00:10 PM »

Two words:  Pristina Airport.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

I disagree with the map in the mid-west mostly. I believe Clark is a weaker candidate than Kerry and Franks is a stronger one than Bush.
skybridge
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 05:29:04 AM »

Clark would probably rally a lot of moderate support, whereas Franks would fail to mobilize Bush's religious fanatics.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 09:34:36 AM »

See, democrats think because CLark is from the south, he could win big....remember in Early 2004 when democrats on the forum said "EDWARDS" would carry Arkansas and NC if he ran against Bush, and would win in a landslide...LOL
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 12:42:24 PM »

by watching wes's "speeches" it seems hes a bit retarded
Outspoken and open, yes.  Retarded?  I think you have General Wesley Clark confused with George W. Bush.  How? I dont know.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 12:44:49 PM »

no, we bring up clarks bizzarre service in europe and the fact that hes a lib

The difference between Clark and Kerry is when attacked Kerry ran and hid hoping things would blow over.  Clark would just come right back over the top.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »

See, democrats think because CLark is from the south, he could win big....remember in Early 2004 when democrats on the forum said "EDWARDS" would carry Arkansas and NC if he ran against Bush, and would win in a landslide...LOL

Ummm, why is that so funny? Your "LOL" seems to indicate that it didn't happen that way and that Bush creamed him when in actual fact they didn't run against each other.
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 05:50:04 PM »

This is why I voted against Keystone in the What If thing you started.  I don't like obnoxious VP's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies