Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 01:32:31 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  What do you agree with opebo on?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What do you agree with opebo on?  (Read 529 times)
ozona and sonora
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 6.61

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »
Ignore

Have to admit quite a bit now that I think of it. Off the top of my head:

Christianity (generally)
Culinary matters
Drugs and prostitution should be legal
"Free Trade"
Monarchy is good
Musical taste
Universal Healthcare
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:18:07 pm by cigarettes on the beach, malt liquor on the golf course »Logged

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
Ignore

It really doesn't matter what specific things you may or may not agree whim him on, he agrees that's ok to anally rape drugged pre-teens while they cry and tell you to stop.  I'm not going to say everyone that is friendly with him is just as bad, but it certainly puts their judgement into question.

But for the record, I think drugs and whores should be legal too...the difference between me and most people with the same opinion is that I actually vote that way.

..and pro-Monarchist...really?  I'm hoping that comes with some awful big strings attached.

ozona and sonora
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 6.61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »
Ignore

It really doesn't matter what specific things you may or may not agree whim him on, he agrees that's ok to anally rape drugged pre-teens while they cry and tell you to stop.  I'm not going to say everyone that is friendly with him is just as bad, but it certainly puts their judgement into question.

cite

..and pro-Monarchist...really?  I'm hoping that comes with some awful big strings attached.

With certain restraints sure. I think Hans Herman Hoppe has a point, notice the explosive growth in government and mercilessness of war since the decline of monarchy.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »
Ignore

cite
I'm sure he'll be along to agree, but here ya go.

oh and before it gets hopped on, she wasn't a PRE-teen...she was 13, so the rape is ever so slightly less heinous than I alluded to.
With certain restraints sure. I think Hans Herman Hoppe has a point, notice the explosive growth in government and mercilessness of war since the decline of monarchy.
Well it has certainly become more.....mechanical....but I'm thinking that had more to do with the industrial revolution than the decline in Monarchies.  War was pretty merciless back in the days of Kings and Queens, but it's certainly an arguable point.  Unlike opebo and his defending of the drugging and raping a 13 year old.

greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »
Ignore

Drastic expansion should be done.

Retirement at 55.
Full pension for all (equal regardless of income)
Full socialized medicine
Make social security and medical tax progressive without a 'cutoff'.
$15/hour minimum wage
20 hour/week work week
12 weeks per year mandated holiday time
2 years primary childcare leave, paid, mandated, 6 months for assisting partner
full dole - food stamps, free rent, spending money

I can endorse this agenda though some of the things seem redundant (doesn't a full pension/dole negate the need/concept of retirement?)

Other stuff: Agree religion is garbage and prostitution should be legal. Disagree that monarchies are good.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »
Ignore

Asians are pretty hot on average.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 03:51:44 pm »
Ignore

it is more a general appreciation for him than a list of things I can readily point out... the latter reeks of binary thinking/splitting which is a bad habit that I am trying to get rid of.  while I think he is creative and gifted in many respects, I would not happy being anything like him, and I suspect he is not self-actualized, though he is consistently amused by himself.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »
Ignore

Opedo is the forum-going equivalent to a guilty pleasure. There is rather little that I agree with him on, politically, but his posts are usually so charming or clever that I really cannot help but overlook the disagreements and somehow not be offended by things that would make me yank out my hair in frustration and righteous indignation if coming from just about anybody else. I am sure there is some stuff we see eye-to-eye on but only the legalization of prostitution and drugs comes to mind.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:25:44 am »
Ignore

Tweed said it well. That said, I suspect that my opinions hew closest to Opebo's with regard to the destructive social and psychological effects of neoliberalism.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:21:57 pm »
Ignore

None

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix
E: 8.71, S: 4.78

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 01:38:00 pm »
Ignore

None

Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
Ignore

Virtually nothing, it would seem.
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:51:20 pm »
Ignore

More or less what Tweed and AverroŽs said.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 01:53:49 pm »
Ignore

Christianity (generally)
Culinary matters
"Free Trade"
Universal Healthcare

Not sure about Musical Taste.  Probably all labor laws as well.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »
Ignore

Christianity (generally)
Culinary matters
"Free Trade"
Universal Healthcare

Not sure about Musical Taste.  Probably all labor laws as well.

Senator Seatown, there is a thread entitled 'what are you listening to', in which I posted hundreds of tunes I liked.  Please take a look sometime, if you have time.  Enjoyable stuff.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout