MS-Rasmussen: Romney ahead by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:48:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MS-Rasmussen: Romney ahead by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS-Rasmussen: Romney ahead by 8  (Read 3838 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »

Mississippi Primary: Romney 35%, Santorum 27%, Gingrich 27%, Paul 6%

One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/mississippi/2012_mississippi_republican_primary
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

So it's well and truly over then. That's too bad.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:13 PM »

Unfortunately the GOP primary voters are extremely erratic and will probably be swayed somewhat by KS. Hopefully Gingrich can pull this out for Romney.
Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »

Would be hilariously ironic if the proportionality of this primary would end up hurting Romney.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

Would be hilariously ironic if the proportionality of this primary would end up hurting Romney.

He won only one less OK delegate than Santorum, but the MSM didn't talk about that. All they talk about is the PV winner.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Unfortunately the GOP primary voters are extremely erratic and will probably be swayed somewhat by KS. Hopefully Gingrich can pull this out for Romney.

I think KS has the same problem as WA.  It is on a Saturday and the news won't have a huge impact.  I think, though he will lose KS, Romney will get a plurality of votes on Saturday and that will step on whatever story comes out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »

The Santorum will rise again.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »

I think this is pretty much over if Romney can win one of the Southern contests. This is supposed to be one of his weakest states.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:46 AM »

I think this is pretty much over if Romney can win one of the Southern contests. This is supposed to be one of his weakest states.

If Romney wins one of Mississippi or Alabama, it'll force Gingrich out of the race.  Probably too late to matter, but it'll force him out and leave this a two person race between Gomez and Lurch with Uncle Fester along to electrify his fringe supporters.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012R/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=2820120308016
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:20 AM »

If Santorum is able to show Kansas as a BIG win, he'll win this. If he can't the race's over.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:57 AM »

If Santorum is able to show Kansas as a BIG win, he'll win this. If he can't the race's over.

I doubt if KS will be that important, either way.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »

Regardless of what the poll says, I have a hard time believing Romney will win MS.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

Regardless of what the poll says, I have a hard time believing Romney will win MS.

I now believe Gingrich will win both MS and AL.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »

I could never see past that. I think the media should finally accept that Santorum/Gingrich can co-exist as anti-Romneys and take different states.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »

I think the media should finally accept that Santorum/Gingrich can co-exist as anti-Romneys and take different states.

Blasphemy!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »

I really just don't see how Romney clinches here, and it's been a while since I've had any trust in Rasmussen.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »

PPP leaked that so far AL is a 3-way free-for-all with a tiny Romney lead, MS is Romney-Gingrich with Santorum far behind. So Ras was right about Mittens being competitive in both states, at least.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 09:16:33 PM by Nathan »

I'm not denying that but I still don't think that when push comes to shove those few people who are still undecided will end up going with Romney in Mississippi and Alabama. If he wins it's by very small margins, and up the middle. Which is entirely possible and which would of course be disastrous for those of us who are still hoping for a drawn-out process, but which wouldn't indicate something as bizarre for me as somebody who's spent time in these states as the idea of Romney being this clearly ahead. I don't view that as Romney 'clinching'.

Of course I'll eat crow on this if I'm by some horrible divine intervention very wrong on Tuesday.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »

Romney leading in Mississippi?

What?  

Has the Santorum winning streak started in Kansas and ended, what?.......... in Kansas?

We may as well throw in Alabama and make it a double header!

Cheesy

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 11:28:18 PM by J. J. »

I'm not denying that but I still don't think that when push comes to shove those few people who are still undecided will end up going with Romney in Mississippi and Alabama. If he wins it's by very small margins, and up the middle. Which is entirely possible and which would of course be disastrous for those of us who are still hoping for a drawn-out process, but which wouldn't indicate something as bizarre for me as somebody who's spent time in these states as the idea of Romney being this clearly ahead. I don't view that as Romney 'clinching'.

It might end up being a major Romney win, if he wins, in terms of momentum, but it will not be a "clincher."  There just are not enough delegates.

I think it is possible for Romney to win one of AL or MS, or both, but he certainly get all the delegates.  The problem is for the person who comes in third, probably Santorum.

There are 129 delegates up on Tuesday.  Gingrich, on a good day, could win 60, but Romney would probably get 40-50.  That could leave Santorum/Paul with the remainder, 19-29.  In theory, Romney increases his lead over Santorum, by 11-21 delegates

If Romney should be the one who wins, maybe getting 55, Santorum is still going to get 20-30.  The gap will be larger, 25-35 delegates.

The keys are now MO, where Santorum will probably gain delegates, and IL.  Keep in mind that PR awards 23 delegates, WTA, and that happens between MO and IL.  Romney could go into IL with a greater delegate lead over Santorum, by as little as about 20 delegates and as much as about 65 delegates.
The Professor
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 11:33:53 PM »

It has been accepted by everyone that Alabama and Mississippi are the dumbest states in the nation. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that they just might do something very dumb like split the conservative vote enough to allow Mitt Romney to win
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

Nice trolling, Scott.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length