Nathan: Elected public office holder. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:09:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nathan: Elected public office holder. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nathan: Elected public office holder.  (Read 8881 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »

I'm told I'm the youngest person to hold public office at any level in Massachusetts in some time, which is also exciting.

Oakvale, I'll see what I can do. I'm at the other end of the Commonwealth from the bogs, but we've got a lot of apple orchards and dairy farms if that helps, and I'm sure I can make a trip to the East if it's for Atlas Forum.
How old are you?  You could be a congressman one day.  Somebody from this forum needs to become a member of Congress in the future.

The first Congressional election I'll be eligible in will be 2018.

You're only 19? I had no clue you were that young. Wow that means you weren't even able to vote for Obama in 2008...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

Like you actually graduated or you just took some transferable college courses in high school?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »

WTF, that's possible? If it's that's like the biggest unexploited loophole ever...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »

I get the impression this job would actually be pretty boring, it's hard to think of any hot button issues that would come up in Amherst. Mostly just dealing with resident complaints about road maintenance in their areas I bet.

But hey that first issue sounds worth fighting for, even if quite minor in the scheme of things.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 01:33:30 AM by All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone »

That reminds me of this local Minneapolis forum I found last year and lurked on and basically found to be nothing more than people who wanted a soapbox to rant and whine about very unimportant things, such as that huge thread where someone was throwing a fit about a check cashing place opened up near them and how the zoning laws don't prevent that (I've actually read Minneapolis zoning ordinances, and they basically amount to "Open whatever business you want as long as it's not in a tourist-filled area or neighborhood where most people actually own houses.") Now yeah those check cashing businesses are pretty shady and exploitative (similar to all those "loan" places that are pretty common on Lake Street), but the implications in how they are so bad because of the "types" they'd bring to the neighborhood is pretty disgusting, plus I'd wonder how much the residents of places like Jordan, Hawthorne and Phillips or any property owned by Spiros Zorbalas would love it if their biggest problem and the primary focus of their complaining was a check cashing business. But I suppose Amherst doesn't have any areas where drive by shootings are a monthly occurrence (or many check cashing businesses for that matter.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »

Ha, 5000 people in my home state would be considered an notable city. There are only twelve in the entire state with more than 5000.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies