March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread**  (Read 26363 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: March 09, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »

Why do we have predictions for Puerto Rico but not Guam, the Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

Why do we have predictions for Puerto Rico but not Guam, the Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands?

Romney sweep

It'd still be fun to have them.  If you start saying we should only do states that will be competitive, we'd be leaving out MA, GA, VA, etc.

As for my Kansas prediction:

Santorum - 43%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 13%
Gingrich - 6%
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »

Romney sweep

It'd still be fun to have them.  If you start saying we should only do states that will be competitive, we'd be leaving out MA, GA, VA, etc.

Santorum - 43%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 13%
Gingrich - 6%
You are in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

How so?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »

Romney sweep

Santorum - 43%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 13%
Gingrich - 6%
You are in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

How so?
The Huckster won here with 60% after being thrashed on super tuesday, I think Santorum should be able to do very well. There's also the factor that Romney is not focusing on it. We could potentially see Santorum sweeping the delegates here if he does as well as Huckabee.

I could see Santorum doing better than what I predicted, but I don't think he'll get over 50%.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »

Pacific News Center reports on Twitter:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So I guess Romney gets more delegates out of Guam than he got out of New Hampshire?

Only 6 are tied to today's caucus.

Lief, where are you getting information that the SDs are tied to the winner of hte state?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »

Oh ok - you're just talking about Kansas.  I thought you were talking about Guam for some reason.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:11 PM »

Gingrich promising that if he's elected, gas prices would drop to $2.50 was the most politically idiotic thing I've ever heard.  Part of me hoped he wins just so I could watch gas prices stay above that.  You can't promise a drop in gas prices.  The only way you could come close to doing that is ban exporting of oil, and that's not exactly a small government thing to do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »

And why do rising gas prices hurt Americans so much?  Because we've become used to artificially low gas prices.  End the subsidies and let the market actually function, and you would've see people moving to alternative fuel for automobiles years ago.  If we keep trying to keep prices artificially low, Americans will keep being more and more dependent on the government for cheap gas, and we'll never solve the base problem.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »

Gingrich promising that if he's elected, gas prices would drop to $2.50 was the most politically idiotic thing I've ever heard.  Part of me hoped he wins just so I could watch gas prices stay above that.  You can't promise a drop in gas prices.  The only way you could come close to doing that is ban exporting of oil, and that's not exactly a small government thing to do.

More nonsense has been said about gas prices, and energy, and the economic effect of the Keystone Pipeline, et al, by almost everyone in both parties (yes the Dems are worse here, but the Pubs are almost equally as delusional), in a shorter period of time, that is just flat out wrong and ignorant, economically and otherwise, than I can at the moment recall than about anything else, and I have been around a long time. Absent a lot of pot, I am in danger of turning into an irascible old man methinks. Hey maybe I will tell my pot doc next renewal time, that that is my medical issue for the year. Tongue

Keystone really pissed me off.  I wrote a column blasting the GOP for their actions there.  It was a dumb move to try to push the president to action.  The one thing I'd really like to see happen soon is end subsidies for oil companies (and quit with this stupid "gas tax holiday" crap), and let the market balance itself out.  If oil wins the day, so be it, but I think it'd help us move forward in establishing alternative fuels if we weren't artificially lowering prices.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »

Well, you guys were right - Santorum did get over 50%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies