March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: March 10 Kansas + miscellaneous islands primary/caucus **results thread**  (Read 26336 times)
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »

Why do we have predictions for Puerto Rico but not Guam, the Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands?

Romney sweep

It'd still be fun to have them.  If you start saying we should only do states that will be competitive, we'd be leaving out MA, GA, VA, etc.

As for my Kansas prediction:

Santorum - 43%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 13%
Gingrich - 6%
You are in for a rude awakening tomorrow.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »

Why do we have predictions for Puerto Rico but not Guam, the Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands?

Romney sweep

It'd still be fun to have them.  If you start saying we should only do states that will be competitive, we'd be leaving out MA, GA, VA, etc.

As for my Kansas prediction:

Santorum - 43%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 13%
Gingrich - 6%
You are in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

How so?
The Huckster won here with 60% after being thrashed on super tuesday, I think Santorum should be able to do very well. There's also the factor that Romney is not focusing on it. We could potentially see Santorum sweeping the delegates here if he does as well as Huckabee.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:16 AM »

If we're counting SDs, then I think Romney wins the islands 27-0. I think he'll just about get 20% in Kansas (though this contest is the last thing in the world he needs) which will give him 6 delegates, to Santorum's 34. So 34-33 to Santorum.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »

I think it's safe to say Romney will thump everyone in the Virgin Islands and will do the same in Samoa/Hawaii on Tuesday. Is Hawaii having a straw poll this year?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »

From the early results it looks bad for Paul, though if Gingrich and Romney are both under 20% that could really help Santorum.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »

Anyone have a 2008 county map for the caucus?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »

Not gonna happen it seems. Let's just root for a Santorum delegate sweep.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 02:41:02 PM »

Apparently Romney has not sent anyone to speak for him in Wichita, which is not going over well...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol, more subtle racism.
He has a point. Romney cares more about some island a million miles away than the conservative heartland.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

@fivethirtyeight @FHQ: If only Santorum is over 20%, then no threshhold. Only applies if 2 are over 20% KS rules: #kscaucus
Damn I misread the rules. So if the results were as they are now at large Paul would get 2, Gingrich/Romney 5 each and Santorum 28. So should Santorum actually be hoping Romney gets over 20%?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

FFS Romney shutting out Paul and Gingrich. How many people live in those other counties around KC? And why do all the counties that report have substantial numbers but many counties don't even vote? Do they just merge counties for the day?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »

I think there's a decent chance of that. Not really any great counties left for him.
Surely KC? Also you may think a lot of the grey counties are yet to report, many have but there are no voters there, like last time.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »

11 rural precincts left. Romney has to go down .7% for me to be happy. Don't let me down now, bible-beaters.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »

Virgin Islands Official Ballot.

http://vigop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Official-Ballot-2012-Caucus.pdf

Only Ron Paul (6 )has a complete set of delegates. Romney (3),  Santorum (2) and Gingrich (2) have incomplete slates. 9 people are running uncommitted.
Sign of an upset?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »

Wait a second, this is groundbreaking... the GOP has held a caucus without any accusations of corruption and has sent in the results on time? That's a first.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »

A pretty much perfect result in Kansas. A disastrous result (though expected) for Romney's near candidate best friend. Hoping it affects MS and AL.
Bad? Certainly. Disastrous? That's pushing it. It's overshadowed by our ninja delegates.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »

A pretty much perfect result in Kansas. A disastrous result (though expected) for Romney's near candidate best friend. Hoping it affects MS and AL.
Bad? Certainly. Disastrous? That's pushing it. It's overshadowed by our ninja delegates.

You're a Newt supporter? Because he's to whom I was referring.
Really? I haven't heard Newt being called his best friend before. And I wouldn't call his showing disastrous either. He had no expectations and is focusing on the south.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »

Ron Paul has actually won the popular vote somewhere? This is the happiest day of my life. Odd that an organisation so astute at getting the delegates couldn't manage them here. I guess they were all too overwhelmed.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »

Uncommitted beat Ron Paul? That's just sad.
Uncommitted beat Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich? That's just sad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies