Global Summit game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:43:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Global Summit game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Global Summit game  (Read 3784 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »
« edited: March 11, 2012, 02:02:13 PM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

Basically, I'm going to be doing this with or without participation, but if you want to help, that'd be nice.

THIS IS NOT A MODEL UN, YOU WILL NOT BE ACTING AS A COUNTRY Smiley

How it works:

The regions are The Americas, Africa, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.

(I'm not sure if I should keep the Middle East in Asia-Pac or put it with Europe or Africa...any ideas? Culturally it doesn't fit with Europe, Asia-Pacific is probably already way too overpopulated, and Africa already has a lot of countries...but I'm definitely not going to make it its own region.)

There is a Premier, and three Vice-Premiers. The Vice-Premiers each represent one of the regions that the Premier is not from.

Each recognised state (the 195 on the wiki list),  gets one Senator to the Global Summit.

Each regional parliament elects 60 of its members to the Global Summit.

The Global Summit has two chambers, the Senate and the Chamber of Regional Representatives and Delegates (CoRRaD)

Only Senators can nominate for Premier (and therefore, Vice-Premier), and the Premier is elected by the Chamber of Regional Representatives and Delegates.

Each nation can elect or appoint their Senators and regional representatives in whichever manner they wish, but the Head of State must confirm all submissions.

Non-sovereign states can gain access to their regional parliament, and potentially the Global Summit, but have no Senators.

The CoRRad has 240 members elected by the regional parliaments,

a further 20 members representing the G20 major economies:
USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom and replacing the EU-seat, Spain.

a further 30 delegates of developing nations:
Haiti, Cuba, Guatemala, St. Kitts-Nevis, Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile, Angola, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Comoros, Mali, Togo, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Mongolia, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Pakistan, Nepal, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa

a further 5 delegates representing the the permanent security council members:
China, Russia, France, United Kingdom, United States

a further 4 delegates representing the territories and contested regions:
1 for the Americas, 1 for Africa, 1 for Europe, 1 for Asia-Pacific.

and 1 delegate representing ethnic minorities, appointed by the President.

...for a total of 300 members. On internal issues (including, for example, the Premiership), only the 240 regional representatives can vote.

--------

Each independent nation gets a number of delegates to their regional parliament, determined by a sliding scale of population. 1 delegate for 1 person, 1 delegate for 300,000 people, 1 delegate for 1 million people, 1 delegate for 4 million people, 1 delegate for 10 million people, 1 delegate for 20 million people, 1 delegate for 50 million people, 1 delegate for 100 million people, 1 delegate for 200 million people, 1 delegate for 500 million people, and 1 delegate for 1 billion people.

Examples:
Barbados gets one Senator to the Global Summit Senate, and with a population of 276,302 people, 1 delegate to the Parliament of the Americas.
Paraguay gets one Senator to the Global Summit Senate, and 4 delegates to the Parliament of the Americas due to its population of 6,337,127. Two of Paraguay's delegates to the Parliament of the Americas are elected as Regional Representatives to the Global Summit CoRRaD.
Canada, with 34,731,000 people, gets 1 Senator to the Global Summit Senate, 6 delegates to the Parliament of the Americas, and 1 automatic delegate to the Global Summit CoRRaD as a G20 member. 2 of Canada's delegates to the Parliament of the Americas are elected as Regional Representatives to the Global Summit CoRRaD.

There are also 30 global ministries, appointed by the Premier and approved by the Global Summit, with no region to have more than 8 ministries and state more than 1.

Any questions. idea. etc.? The first step for me will be determining the delegates from each country to the Parliament of the Americas,
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2012, 11:57:10 AM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

Parliament of the Americas (144 delegates):

9 delegates (9)
United States of America

8 delegates (16)
Brazil
Mexico

6 delegates (30)
Argentina
Canada
Colombia
Peru
Venezuela

5 delegates (30)
Bolivia
Chile
Cuba
Ecuador
Guatemala
Haiti

4 delegates (24)
Costa Rica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Paraguay

3 delegates (15)
Jamaica
Panama
Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Uruguay

2 delegates (10)
Bahamas
Belize
French North America and Caribbean
Guyana
Suriname

1 delegate (10)
Antigua and Barbuda
Barbados
British Americas
Dominica
Dutch Americas
French Guiana
Greenland
Grenada
St. Lucia (non-participant in parliament site vote, as vote host)
St. Kitts-Nevis
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2012, 11:59:49 AM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

The election for the site of the Parliament of the Americas takes place with each nation voting on one of the eight nominees, with voting power determined on future delegate number (ie, Mexico gets 8 points but can't divide them). The top three will advance to a round of one vote per nation, and the top two will revert to the first round's format.

The nominees are:

Nassau, Bahamas
Panama City, Panama
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Caracas, Venezuela
San Juan, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cusco, Peru
Guatemala City, Guatemala

...and the votes are (note-feel free to propose how countries would vote):

USA: San Juan 9
Brazil: Rio de Janeiro 8
Mexico: Guatemala City 8
Argentina: Cusco 6
Canada: Nassau 6
Colombia: Panama City 6
Peru: Cusco 6
Venezuela: Caracas 6
Bolivia: Cusco 5
Chile: Cusco 5
Cuba: Caracas 5
Ecuador: Caracas 5
Guatemala: Guatemala City 5
Haiti: Port-au-Prince 5
Costa Rica: Panama City 4
Dominican Republic: Port-au-Prince 4
El Salvador: Guatemala City 4
Honduras: Guatemala City 4
Nicaragua: Guatemala City 4
Paraguay: Cusco 4
Jamaica: Nassau 3
Panama: Panama City 3
Puerto Rico and the USVI: San Juan 3
Trinidad and Tobago: Nassau 3
Uruguay: Rio de Janeiro 3
Bahamas: Nassau 2
Belize: Caracas 2
French North America and Caribbean: Port-au-Prince 2
Guyana: Nassau 2
Suriname: Caracas 2
Antigua and Barbuda: Nasau 1
Barbados: Nassau 1
British Americas: Nassau 1
Dominica: Nassau 1
Dutch Americas: Nassau 1
French Guiana: Port-au-Prince 1
Greenland: Nassau 1
Grenada: Nassau 1
St. Kitts-Nevis: Nassau 1
St. Vincent and the Grenadines: Nassau 1
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 01:22:20 PM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

I propose the following delegations would vote for the following locations:

NASSAU
Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Americas, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

PANAMA CITY
Colombia, Costa Rica

PORT-AU-PRINCE
French North America and Caribbean, French Guiana

CARACAS
Cuba, Ecuador

SAN JUAN
United States

RIO DE JANEIRO

CUSCO
Bolivia

GUATEMALA CITY
Mexico

In fact, imma gonna assign them.

...not 100% sure with the other ones. Thoughts?

...also, this isn't a Teddy-style thing, at leas in my head, so don't worry about too much ridiculous complexity. The main aim to to determine who the delegates would be.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »

...also, I chose the Americas becaue I'm pretty confident it won't be including the Middle East. As far as which non-sovereign states are what, basically I'm being pretty arbitrary. I could easily have made Guadeloupe and Martinique independent, 2-delegate attendees, but...yeah, I didn't. I also smooshed the USVI into Puerto Rico, but I didn't feel like giving it an independent delegate and it couldn't really go with anyone else.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »

If you're concerned that Asia-Pacific is overpopulated, Africa has too many nations, and the Middle East is too small to be a Region by itself, then I suggest the Middle East and North Africa (basically the Arab world) should comprise a Region, with sub-Saharan Africa as a separate Region. If you do this, you might want to include Israel with Europe so that they're not drowned out by Arabs.

As for how the other delegations would vote, I'd think they'd generally vote for the closest locations, with a few exceptions. Thus:

Argentina: Rio, unless they insist on a Spanish-speaking county, then Cusco.
Canada: Nassau. Quebec (what's its status?) would push for Port-au-Prince.
Chile: Cusco.
El Salvador: Guatemala City.
Honduras: Guatemala City.
Nicaragua: Guatemala City (it’s a bit closer to Managua than Panama City).
Paraguay: Rio, unless they insist on a Spanish-speaking country, then Cuzco.
Jamaica: Nassau (Jamaica is English-speaking, and Nassau isn’t too much farther than Port-au-Prince).
Uruguay: Rio, unless they insist on a Spanish-speaking country, then Cuzco.
Belize: Guatemala City (enough Belizeans speak Spanish that I doubt they’d insist on an English-speaking country).
Guyana: Caracas, unless they insist on an English-speaking country, then Nassau.
Suriname: Caracas
Greenland: Um, Nassau, I guess. I imagine they’d be quite upset at the lack of a more northerly nominee.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 02:05:23 PM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

Quebec is included completely within Canada, although I suppose it would be possible for the Canadian selection process to require at least one Quebecois, or even to have a Quebecois as the ethnic minority delegate (but highly unlikely).

I like having four regions, though the North Africa-middle east is a nicer grouping. If I was to do that though I'd probably split into two Americas, and separate the Pacific from Asia...but no, I'm just going to put it with Asia-Pacific and screw the inequality, there's always going to be at least a bit of it.

I think Paraguay would be more likely to go with Caracas or Cusco than Rio de Janeiro, and Belize to go with anywhere else than Guatemala City. Chile is probably right, as is Uruguay.

Canada made the choice not to nominate because it was aware it wouldn't win, and the USA was happy to back San Juan because it felt there was a better chance of that city being elected than any city in the USA itself.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Argentina: Cusco probably?
Canada: Nassau, maybe San Juan?
Chile: Cusco.
Dominican Republic: Port-au-Prince?
El Salvador: Guatemala City.
Honduras: Guatemala City.
Nicaragua: Caracas.
Paraguay: Cuzco.
Jamaica: Nassau.
Uruguay: Rio?
Belize: Nassau?
Guyana: Nassau?
Suriname: Caracas or Rio?
Greenland: Nassau or San Juan?
Dutch Americas: Nassau, Port-au-Prince? I dunno.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:50:57 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 08:03:17 PM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

So,

Canada and Jamaica vote for Nassau.
Chile votes for Cusco.
El Salvador and Honduras vote for Guatemala City.
Uruguay votes for Rio de Janeiro.
Suriname votes for Caracas.

Argentina, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Belize, Guyana, Dutch Americas and Greenland still undetermined.

Current tally, which the undecided nations would be aware of:

Guatemala City: 21
Nassau: 21
Caracas: 18
Cusco: 16
San Juan: 12
Rio de Janeiro: 11
Panama City: 9
Port-au-Prince: 8

I think, due to the top three qualifying, its unlikely that Rio, Panama City or Port-au-Prince will receive more support, and San Juan is also probably dead. That said, there are still 24 votes up for grabs so anything could happen...if Rio got the Argentinian and Paraguayan support, for example, it would be in equal first.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Argentina could go for Caracas, Cusco or Rio de Janeiro. I'm leaning towards the second, but definitely think Rio is possible.

I would suggest that the Dominican Republic would vote for San Juan, due to Port-au-Prince being at the bottom.

Nicaragua wouldn't support Panama City with its current score, and would either support Guatemala City to sure-up it's position, or perhaps Caracas to push it into a strong top-three spot.

Paraguay is about the same as Argentina for me.

Belize is probably leaning Nassau, maaybe San Juan.

Guyana...I have no idea. Probably going to wait to see how Argentina and Paraguay vote to determine its options.

Dutch Americas...I think perhaps Panama City, San Juan or Port-au-Prince were possibilities, but with the current scores, I think they might be the next to vote, and go with Nassau.

No clue with Greenland, possibly Nassau or San Juan.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 10:03:05 PM by Charles Barton, Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario »

I think that San Juan is the most likely first choice for the Dominican Republic, but it's probably dead as the Central American countries are favoring Guatemala City and the remaining South American countries seem to be favoring other South American cities. I think they'd prefer Caracas over Guatemala City as a second choice(it's much closer). The big question here is whether they'd vote for their long shot first choice at this stage in the voting, or vote to help guarantee that their much more likely second choice makes the top three.

I still think that Argentina and Paraguay would prefer Cusco over Caracas, simply because of its relative proximity. If I did the math properly, Cusco will clinch a top three spot if it gets the support of both Argentina and Paraguay. The same can't be said for Rio, and no other nations are likely to support Rio at this point, so I see no reason for Argentina and Paraguay to vote for Rio if Cusco is a close second choice.

If Argentina and Paraguay vote for Cusco, then (if I did the math correctly), Nicaragua alone could cause Guatemala City to clinch the second top three spot. But Nicaragua could also cause Caracas to clinch in combination with the Dominican Republic, independent of Argentina and Paraguay's votes. So if Caracas is their first choice, they may be waiting for the Dominican Republic to make a decision.

I think Belize would vote for Nassau at this point, if, as you say, they'd be dead set against Guatemala City. If their top two choices are Nassau and San Juan, they'd probably vote for the one with more support since Belize is small and has few delegates.

I think Guyana is still a tossup between Caracas and Nassau.

I agree that the Dutch Americas would vote for Nassau, if for no better reason than to cast a meaningful vote against Caracas.

I still think Greenland would be dissatisfied with all of the choices, and may abstain (if allowed) or cast a protest vote in the first round.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that Nicaragua could cause Guatemala City to clinch regardless of any other nations' votes.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »

Number of votes needed to clinch a spot in Round Two (I think) (24 remaining):

Guatemala City: 4
Nassau: 4
Caracas: 7
Cusco: 9
San Juan: 12
Rio de Janeiro: 13
Panama City: 14
Port-au-Prince: 15
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:46 AM »

12/3
Dutch Americas (1) vote for Nassau.
Nassau now has 22 points.

Paraguay (4) votes for Cusco.
Cusco now has 20 points.

Greenland (1) votes for Nassau.
Nassau now has 23 points.

13/3

Argentina (6) votes for Cusco.
Cusco now has 26 points and is guaranteed access to the third round.

Guyana (2) votes for Nassau.
Nassau now has 25 points and is guaranteed access to the third round.

Only Guatemala City and Caracas can still qualify.

14/3
Belize (2) votes for Caracas.
Caracas now has 20 points.

Nicaragua (4) votes for Guatemala City.
Guatemala City now has 25 votes.

Dominican Republic's vote (4) is unable to change the result, and it votes for Port-au-Prince.
Port-au-Prince now has 12 votes.

FINAL STANDINGS
Cusco 26
Guatemala City 25
Nassau 25
-------------
Caracas 20
Port-au-Prince 12
San Juan 12
Rio de Janeiro 11
Panama City 9
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2012, 12:02:42 PM by I'm spinning a Platypus, get out of my way »

In the second round, each nation has one vote.

CUSCO
Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru

GUATEMALA CITY
El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua

NASSAU
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Americas, Canada, Dominica, Dutch Americas, Greenland, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

as yet unassigned:

USA, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico and the USVI, Uruguay, Belize, French North America and Caribbean, Suriname and French Guiana.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »

Again, I think proximity and language would determine how nations vote in Round Two. I suggest the following:

USA: Nassau
Brazil: Cusco
Colombia: Cusco
Venezuela: Huh (Caracas is practically equidistant from Guatemala City and Cusco. Nassau's closer, but in an English-speaking nation.)
Cuba: Guatemala City
Ecuador: Cusco
Haiti: Nassau
Costa Rica: Guatemala City
Dominican Republic: Guatemala City
Panama: Guatemala City
Puerto Rico and the USVI: Nassau (I think they'd support the US's choice.)
Uruguay: Cusco
Belize: Nassau
French North American and Caribbean: Nassau
Suriname: Cusco
French Guiana: Cusco

Another thing to consider, however, is that Nassau currently has a commanding lead, needing only seven votes for an outright majority. For Cusco or Guatemala City to do the same, they would need every single remaining vote (ain't gonna happen). Nassau is already guaranteed a Round Three position if there is no majority in Round Two, but I think it likely that Nassau's supporters would try to negotiate for a Round Two victory, so that Spanish-speaking nations don't fall in line behind whichever remains of Cusco or Guatemala City in Round Three. If my predictions as to who'd vote for Nassau are accurate, then they'd only need any two of the Dominican Republic, Suriname, French Guiana, or Venezuela (those nations that I'd think would be least committed to their choices).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »

Wait, Nicaragua was the deciding vote against Caracas? Even though Ortega is bros with Chavez?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »

Wait, Nicaragua was the deciding vote against Caracas? Even though Ortega is bros with Chavez?

That was what kept their vote up in the air for so long.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:19 AM »

Update

CUSCO-10
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

GUATEMALA CITY-7
Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama

NASSAU-17
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Americas, Canada, Dominica, Dutch Americas, Greenland, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and the USVI, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, United States

as yet unassigned-6:

Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, French North America and Caribbean, Suriname and French Guiana.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »

Let's analyze the situation for each remaining city.

Nassau: With six votes outstanding, Nassau needs four for an outright majority in Round Two. With most of Nassau's supporters being small Caribbean nations with few delegates, they don't want a Round Three. I think Nassau can count on Haiti and French North America due to proximity and lack of linguistic ties to any of the remaining candidates. I also see Cuba as a definite vote against Nassau (proxy vote against the US, linguistic ties to other candidates). So they're looking to gain the support of any two of the Dominican Republic, Suriname, and French Guiana. The Dominican Republic is feasible due to proximity, despite linguistic ties to the other candidates. French Guiana is feasible because it could be persuaded by French North America and Haiti. Suriname is feasible because it doesn't really fit in with any of the candidates. All in all, there's a good chance (but not a guarantee) that Nassau will win in Round Two.

Cusco: Cusco can't win in Round Two, but it only needs two votes, plus another vote against Nassau (so that Nassau can't win outright), to guarantee itself a Round Three spot. If Cusco can retain the support of the remaining South American nations (Suriname and French Guiana), then Cuba's vote against Nassau will force a Round Three matchup between Nassau and Cusco.

Guatemala City: With six votes remaining, Guatemala City needs either five, or four plus both of the remaining votes against Cusco, to gain entry to Round Three. That seems highly unlikely, as I think Haiti and French North America would prefer Nassau to either of the other options, and the South American countries would prefer Cusco to Guatemala City. I'm pretty sure Guatemala City is dead; the big question remaining is can Cusco force a Round Three.

All in all, Suriname and French Guiana are the kingmakers here. If they back Nassau, Nassau wins. If they back Cusco, Cusco enters Round Three as the heavy favorite.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »

Nice analysis. Anyone have thoughts on where it's headed?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »

I see Cuba voting for Cusco because Cusco is in a far better position than Guatemala City (and, of course, because it isn't Nassau). I also see Haiti and French North America voting for Nassau for the reasons I stated above. But the Dominican Republic, Suriname, and French Guiana are hard calls, made even harder by the fact that they're undoubtedly under heavy pressure from both the Nassau and Cusco camps. I think Suriname and French Guiana would default to Cusco (slightly closer, and perhaps they feel a slight connection to Peru being another South American country), but with the negotiations, who knows? The Dominican Republic is even harder; they probably have closer regional ties to Nassau, but they definitely have linguistic ties to the other candidates. I can see them going for whichever city makes the best case for itself.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

At a meeting between the six remaining countries, it is agreed to resolve the round as soon as possible. Haiti and French North America and Caribbean support Nassau and attempt to get the other nations on board so that everything can move forward, but Cuba resists, along with the Dominican Republic, as both insist that the choice must be in a spanish-speaking country.

This doesn't go down all that well with Suriname or French Guiana, but neither is prepared to commit to Nassau at the meeting, in which four new votes were determined: Cuba and the Dominican Republic vote for Cusco, and Haiti and French North America and the Caribbean vote for Nassau. Guatemala City appears to be dead in the water.

Currently tally:

Nassau 19
Cusco 12
Guatemala City 7
Unassigned 2

-----------

Shortly after the meeting, French Guiana, upon suggestions from Paris, supports Nassau, leaving the situation as this: if Suriname votes for Nassau, it wins. If they vote for either Cusco or Guatemala City, there will be a second round between Nassau and Cusco.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

Again, I think this is pretty much a coin flip. Because Cusco would be heavily favored in Round 3, whichever city Suriname picks wins. Even a throw-away vote for Guatemala City would make it seem like they favor Cusco. I still think Cusco would be Suriname's default choice, being closer and on the same continent, but I'm not sure that would hold through the negotiations. If Suriname wasn't too fond of Cuba's and the Dominican Republic's efforts to force a third round, they might vote for Nassau just to get the voting over with.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »

Well, it took a long, long time, with Suriname taking the opportunity of months and months of bribes negotiations, but in the end it came down to which camp gave them more money not liking heights.

Suriname votes for Nassau, which wins outright in the second round.

Nassau: 20
Cusco: 12
Guatemala City: 7
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies