Lawrence Watson Speech From Johnstown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:20:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lawrence Watson Speech From Johnstown
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lawrence Watson Speech From Johnstown  (Read 1423 times)
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2005, 04:23:08 PM »

I have just heard Colin W's speech. I had hoped he wouldn't stoop to an attack of something I had no control over, so, he must have had no knowledge of my problem, or is just trying to attack me, for lack of a better arguement.

I hope to bring a reforming mind to the Senate. If I win, I promise to serve you with all of my being.

Thank you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 04:27:35 PM »

Colin's rant was out of order
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 04:34:47 PM »

I have just heard Colin W's speech. I had hoped he wouldn't stoop to an attack of something I had no control over, so, he must have had no knowledge of my problem, or is just trying to attack me, for lack of a better arguement.

I hope to bring a reforming mind to the Senate. If I win, I promise to serve you with all of my being.

Thank you.
It wasn't an attack I was just stating the obvious. I am sure you would be an excellent candidate and probably a very good Senator but you should first stay around a little while, get more involved in the Atlasian community and then you can consider running for office. The last thing I think anyone wants is to have inactivity in the the Senate, the body that makes laws and is one of the most visible aspects of the Atlasian Government.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 04:38:39 PM »

I understand where you're coming from, Colin.
However, I have been back for sometime now, and just re-registered three days ago. I have been following goings on since my return in mid-or late-December.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 04:42:23 PM »

I understand where you're coming from, Colin.
However, I have been back for sometime now, and just re-registered three days ago. I have been following goings on since my return in mid-or late-December.
But the thing is for the Senate you must not just watch idely by. You must be active enough to take part in debates and discussions and you have to interact with the other Senators. What I am saying Mr. Watson is that while you may have watch from afar a man needs to have up close and personal experience with Atlasia to be a suitable Senator. A person who has worked with men like the President and knows that other Senators. While these are my opinions I think they resonate with many Atlasians.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:44:10 PM »

I would say to just let it lie and see what happens during the campaign.  If Lawrence Watson is capable of being active for the whole campaign, it seems unlikely to me that he'll just decide to magically vanish in the event that he gets elected.  What would be the point of doing that?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 04:54:13 PM »

it seems unlikely to me that he'll just decide to magically vanish in the event that he gets elected.  What would be the point of doing that?

Ask Migrendel. Also ask Hermit who deleted himself when he was about to be elected.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 05:02:46 PM »

it seems unlikely to me that he'll just decide to magically vanish in the event that he gets elected.  What would be the point of doing that?

Ask Migrendel. Also ask Hermit who deleted himself when he was about to be elected.

I suppose, but questions have been raised regarding whether or not Migrendel actually was a real person or a guy purposely trying to be as extreme as possible, and we to this day have absolutely no clue what happened to Hermit.  As well as that, to my knowledge, both of those people had been quite active for quite a while before the election.

I don't really think that a parallel can be drawn between those two and Lawrence Watson.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 05:06:44 PM »

Fact is ColinW has been active since he registered on October 20 something.  He has participated in the debates, he has posted, he understands the issues, and has been here participating the whole time.  While this isn't as bad as TrueDemocrat running against Andrew experience wise, it's close.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 05:12:55 PM »

I had registered long before October 20, originally. When I returned, I had to catch up with everything, and I believe I am.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 05:13:04 PM »

Fact is ColinW has been active since he registered on October 20 something.  He has participated in the debates, he has posted, he understands the issues, and has been here participating the whole time.  While this isn't as bad as TrueDemocrat running against Andrew experience wise, it's close.

I'm not debating that ColinW has more experience than Lawrence Watson; it's obvious that he does.  I'm just saying that it's not fair to claim that the latter will not be active in the Senate if he's elected.  I have not seen compelling evidence in concurrence with this claim.  Lawrence Watson is a good guy who I trust.

While I admit that the future can't be known, it seems to me that it's just as easy to claim that something will come along that will restrict ColinW from being active as it is that something will do the same to Lawrence Watson.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 05:17:01 PM »

I'm not debating that ColinW has more experience than Lawrence Watson; it's obvious that he does.  I'm just saying that it's not fair to claim that the latter will not be active in the Senate if he's elected.  I have not seen compelling evidence in concurrence with this claim.  Lawrence Watson is a good guy who I trust.

While I admit that the future can't be known, it seems to me that it's just as easy to claim that something will come along that will restrict ColinW from being active as it is that something will do the same to Lawrence Watson.

Well I will give you that, that you cannot perdict how active a person will be once he is in office although you can also say that this can be perdicted from the prior record of the individual. But I will make this one promise, if I feel that I cannot perform the duties of my office or feel that I will slip into inactivity I will resign my post as Senator so that someone more active could fill that spot.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 05:18:22 PM »

Well I will give you that, that you cannot perdict how active a person will be once he is in office although you can also say that this can be perdicted from the prior record of the individual. But I will make this one promise, if I feel that I cannot perform the duties of my office or feel that I will slip into inactivity I will resign my post as Senator so that someone more active could fill that spot.

That's commendable, Colin. If Lawrence can stay active from now until election day, which is about half a term, a little less, than he can stay for his Senate term, certainly.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 05:20:54 PM »

I have returned for good this time. If my one computer fails, I have access to another one. M=I will no longer be inactive.

If I am elected, I promise and pledge to be active at least daily or every other day at the longest.

You all have my word on that, and I've never lied to any of you.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 05:01:56 AM »

Larry you have my full support!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 10:11:22 AM »

There are a lot of people who are a lot more active during their campaigns than they are when elected. )not mentioning any names) Wink
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 11:01:16 AM »

Fact is ColinW has been active since he registered on October 20 something. He has participated in the debates, he has posted, he understands the issues, and has been here participating the whole time. While this isn't as bad as TrueDemocrat running against Andrew experience wise, it's close.

True, though in all fairness, True Democrat ended up being a very active Senator, even proposing some good legislation, and actively voting throughout his entire tenure.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 03:10:53 PM »

If the party wishes it, I will end my campaign and allow Nation to run unopposed. Besides, if he ran, I believe he could win.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 03:11:48 PM »

Fact is ColinW has been active since he registered on October 20 something. He has participated in the debates, he has posted, he understands the issues, and has been here participating the whole time. While this isn't as bad as TrueDemocrat running against Andrew experience wise, it's close.

True, though in all fairness, True Democrat ended up being a very active Senator, even proposing some good legislation, and actively voting throughout his entire tenure.

But where has Bulldog been?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 03:13:38 PM »

If the party wishes it, I will end my campaign and allow Nation to run unopposed. Besides, if he ran, I believe he could win.
Unossposed? He will still have to run against me.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 03:15:15 PM »

Unopposed for the DPA's endorsement.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 03:21:48 PM »

He hasn't been as active as True Dem, but he has posted from time to time. He posted again just yesterday. It makes sense to me that those who get elected will be more active than those that don't.
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 05:36:42 PM »

I'm still here, albeit I don't post regularly.  Remember, I ran as a protest candidate, nothing more.  I didnt expect to win.  Had I won, I would have been as active as the post of Senator requires.  As a regular voter, I read more than I post.  As a Senator, I would be posting everywhere.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 08:14:59 PM »

Stay in, you can always drop out whenever, but it's hard to get back in.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 11:15:25 AM »

I'm still here, albeit I don't post regularly.  Remember, I ran as a protest candidate, nothing more.  I didnt expect to win.  Had I won, I would have been as active as the post of Senator requires.  As a regular voter, I read more than I post.  As a Senator, I would be posting everywhere.
In fact, I think I've seen rather more of Bulldog than of Andrew since the election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies