Does God Exist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:44:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does God Exist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Maybe

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Does God Exist?  (Read 14961 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 13, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »

As Mikado said, this question would be a lot easier to answer with a definition of "God."  When I hear that word, I think of the Gods created by men, of Allah and Jehovah and Zeus.  Those Gods do, or did exist in one form or another throughout history, so much as any concept held to be true by a multiplicity of humans can be said to "exist."  As Afleitch points out, there is the Sun, the most powerful body in the Solar System to which we owe are existence.  It certainly "exists" in every sense of the world.  Does it fulfill the criteria of "God"?  Our ancestors certainly thought so, though we modern, educated people refer to it now as only a star.  We understand how the nuclear reactions in its core produce light and heat; in so doing, we removed its Deity status.  From what I can see, the Gods are dying trample under the foot of progress.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.  If there is strong evidence that it is, then chances are that it does exist.
What is the strong evidence?  I'm genuinely curious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies