If Bachus loses tomorrow... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Bachus loses tomorrow... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Bachus loses tomorrow...  (Read 2034 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »

you're thinking of Max Baucus, senator from Montana. Miles is talking about Spencer Bacchus, the banking chairman from Alabama.

And is suspected of actions that amount to insider trading, and would be illegal for anyone who isn't a Congressman.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »

Curious question: how bad are Bachus' opponents relative to his own politics? Because I have a sneaking suspicion he's on the curb, after the anti-incumbent primary tear the conservatives went on last cycle.

Both his opponents are running to his right.

State Senator Beason: He was the chief sponsor of Alabama's version of the AZ-style immigration bill and has a record of proposing "English language only" legislation. His campaign website has a Gingrich-style "plan" for cheap gasoline and attacks Bachus for supporting TARP and such.
Blount County Probate Judge and Commission Chairman Standridge: (yes, apparently he's the county's executive and judge at the same time, I had no idea any states allowed that) He's running as more of a deficit hawk, it seems, but still conservative as all hell (for example, a brief scan of his campaign website reveals that he's against abortion in all circumstances, no exceptions).

Where does it say that? This is all I find which isn't very explicit about that:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies