Causes of antiislamism in the West (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Causes of antiislamism in the West (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Causes of antiislamism in the West  (Read 12812 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

I would assume that Islamic terrorism and killing of US soldiers plays a bigger part in the rise of US anti-Islamism.

I believe you assume correctly, sir.
Verbal sex change operation ;-)

My pardons for the assumption. Quite unfortunately we don't get many of the fairer sex coming to the forum.

That's interesting. How many females do we have here? From the tone and nick names I've seen and responded to, I'm not sure if I remember any of them being women?

One. Before politicus joined, zero.

We have politicalchick20 who occasionally posts in Congressional Elections.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:22 AM »

I don't think you can compare Moscow and Stockholm being Christian to Athens being pagan, that'd be more like if someone tried to argue that Istanbul or most of Cairo were Christian cities. You'd still have the vast majority of people there identifying as Christian and all. Not that I know if what was posted as really objectionable since I can't read Russian, and Pingvin's most recent post is probably the most fascist thing posted on the forum all year.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »

So if the Volga and Asian ethnicities are acceptable, why does one need to kick the Caucasus out? If it's purely economic reasons that seems like a puerile reason to break up one's country and if it's for cultural reasons that seems extremely discriminatory and sketchy.

I don't see what the use of the other part of the idea is. My ancestors on the side that my family name derives from were partly Litvak Jews, partly Great Russians from the area of Lake Peipus, partly Great Russians from the area between the Volga and the Urals, and partly Tartars, so I'm reasonably familiar with the layout of Russia ethnically and culturally, and I just don't see how the '7 Russian Republics' would be divied up.

Is that even possible with the current population distribution? I was under the impression ethnic Russians have a majority basically everywhere except the Caucuses and some enclaves, I'm sure there's a map of this somewhere...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies