CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:03:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably  (Read 7967 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 13, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »

Yes, the demographics among registered Pub voters in CA are worlds' away from Kansas.  It's another planet.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

The Sierras have a lot of Mormons. Mittens should win there.  Rick should take the Central Valley, but I question whether he will win anything in the inland empire. California is kind of light on down scale whites these days. Most have left the state.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2012, 10:46:12 AM by Torie »

The Sierras have a lot of Mormons. Mittens should win there.  Rick should take the Central Valley, but I question whether he will win anything in the inland empire. California is kind of light on down scale whites these days. Most have left the state.

Rick wins SBD county if he can hold Romney to below a 10 point margin I think. Yes, he will lose Rancho and Chino Hills, perhaps Redlands as well, but I don't see him doing well almost anywhere else. How do you think Yucaipa will vote? Not for Romney. Also, in that Pomona to SBD corridor there might not be a lot of whites, but the ones who live there tend to vote Republican and not the type who will be fond of Romney. In Riverside, CA-41 and 42 will be two districts that might vote for Rick. Another question might be how the few Hispanics who vote will swing. They could affect a CD or two. The new 46th in OC could be one such district.

Yes, I understand about the class thing in CA-41, and CA-35 (antelope valley and clarita hills and simi valley), and the Riverside CD, but how Evangelical are those folks, which has been a key variable?  Mittens does OK with downmarket whites if not Evangelical. And these folks are not that down market, just lower middle class. I don't think many Hispanics will be voting. How many are even registered Republicans? Also bear in mind that a lot of old whites are in those CD's, as a cheap retirement, or because they are too poor to retire elsewhere, or whatever. Mittens does well with olds - even poorer ones.

One thing I do know. Rick won't be carrying my CD. Tongue

That was my thinking anyway, when I considered the issue of who had the edge in the CD's that you mention.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »

The Sierras have a lot of Mormons. Mittens should win there.  Rick should take the Central Valley, but I question whether he will win anything in the inland empire. California is kind of light on down scale whites these days. Most have left the state.

Torie, jeez man,  I wouldn't have Mittens make you a member of his outreach program. Imo, terms like down scale or down market, while can be descriptive from an economic pov, tend to have some negative and insulting connotations.

I really hope this race is still competitive when the vote is held.  It will be great to see how all the various stereotypes that there are about different California regions play out.  I can't wait to watch the precinct reports from places like OC roll in.

Since I am not a member of the outreach program, and feel free to dump on Mittens when he deserves it, I feel no need to use euphemisms, rather than just be blunt. I have this feeling that most folks tend to take what I post here somewhat more seriously, precisely because I do that. I try to call them as I see them. I am not here to sell Mittens. He's not salable here anyway. Most posters here (not including moi)  loathe the man, and it is up front and personal. Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies