CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Rasmussen: Romney wins comfortably  (Read 7965 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: March 15, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »

The Sierras have a lot of Mormons. Mittens should win there.  Rick should take the Central Valley, but I question whether he will win anything in the inland empire. California is kind of light on down scale whites these days. Most have left the state.

Torie, jeez man,  I wouldn't have Mittens make you a member of his outreach program. Imo, terms like down scale or down market, while can be descriptive from an economic pov, tend to have some negative and insulting connotations.

I really hope this race is still competitive when the vote is held.  It will be great to see how all the various stereotypes that there are about different California regions play out.  I can't wait to watch the precinct reports from places like OC roll in.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »

The Sierras have a lot of Mormons. Mittens should win there.  Rick should take the Central Valley, but I question whether he will win anything in the inland empire. California is kind of light on down scale whites these days. Most have left the state.

Torie, jeez man,  I wouldn't have Mittens make you a member of his outreach program. Imo, terms like down scale or down market, while can be descriptive from an economic pov, tend to have some negative and insulting connotations.

I really hope this race is still competitive when the vote is held.  It will be great to see how all the various stereotypes that there are about different California regions play out.  I can't wait to watch the precinct reports from places like OC roll in.

Since I am not a member of the outreach program, and feel free to dump on Mittens when he deserves it, I feel no need to use euphemisms, rather than just be blunt. I have this feeling that most folks tend to take what I post here somewhat more seriously, precisely because I do that. I try to call them as I see them. I am not here to sell Mittens. He's not salable here anyway. Most posters here (not including moi)  loathe the man, and it is up front and personal. Thanks.

Fair play, perhaps I am alone in finding how some would view the terms as mildly offensive.  The use of said terms just smack of a lower orders type mentality.

I, of course, was trying to make a unsubtle connection between your terms and Mitt's inability to connect with many working class voters. I believe that Romney would be better off to take a blunt approach. His blatant pandering rings hollow- Cheesy grits, blue jeans and NASCAR etc etc.  His campaign may be realizing this with his "I won't apologize for being successful" line.  If he can craft it right, this would be much better for him politically.  While they may not be not wealthy, the down scale are equipped with a sense of recognizing the smell of bull$hit.  Romney has to sell the message the American dream of upward advancement and success.  This is a message that is deeply embedded and pumped into every American since childhood. While there are some hints of it, overall this country does not suffer from tall poppy syndrome. Mitt just doesn't have the chops to communicate the Reaganite message.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies