PA-PrimR: PPP: Santorum 43 Romney 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA-PrimR: PPP: Santorum 43 Romney 25
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-PrimR: PPP: Santorum 43 Romney 25  (Read 1453 times)
ajb
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »

"The strongest of the Republican candidates in Pennsylvania- for both the primary and general- is Rick Santorum. He's the top choice of 43% of GOP primary voters to 25% for Romney, 13% for Newt Gingrich, and 9% for Ron Paul. Santorum's winning pretty much every segment of the electorate but he's particularly strong with Tea Party voters (49-21 over Gingrich with Romney at 17%), Evangelicals (53-16 over Romney), and voters identifying as 'very conservative' (66-15 over Romney.)"

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/03/obama-doing-better-in-pennsylvania.html

Hard to see Santorum dropping out before PA, with numbers like that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »

Eighteen seems to be a number stuck to Rick. Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »

"The strongest of the Republican candidates in Pennsylvania- for both the primary and general- is Rick Santorum. He's the top choice of 43% of GOP primary voters to 25% for Romney, 13% for Newt Gingrich, and 9% for Ron Paul. Santorum's winning pretty much every segment of the electorate but he's particularly strong with Tea Party voters (49-21 over Gingrich with Romney at 17%), Evangelicals (53-16 over Romney), and voters identifying as 'very conservative' (66-15 over Romney.)"

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/03/obama-doing-better-in-pennsylvania.html

PA GOP delegates are unpledged and don't show a preference on the ballot.  I'm not thrilled about that, but it is the method used.
ajb
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:22:33 PM »

PA GOP delegates are unpledged and don't show a preference on the ballot.  I'm not thrilled about that, but it is the method used.

I'm aware of that. Don't think that particularly affects what I said.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »

By 4/24, it will be all about the delegates.
ajb
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

By 4/24, it will be all about the delegates.

And the relevant measure there will be whether or not Romney is able to win a majority of the delegates before the primaries finish.
May should be a good month for non-Romneys, opening with the NC/IN/WV primaries, and moving through AR/KY to TX (OR is less certain). Any non-Romney still alive on May 1 will have every reason to keep going through the end of the month, in order to collect delegates in those states.
April is more Romney-friendly, so the pressure for non-Romneys to quit will likely be strongest then. 4/24 in particular should be a very good day for Romney, with the possible exception of PA. If the polls in PA looked close, then the pressure on Santorum to quit would become much stronger. Polls like this encourage him to stay in the game through the PA primary, and therefore through the end of May.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012R/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=4220120311108
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies