"Traitorous Truman" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:16:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  "Traitorous Truman" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Traitorous Truman"  (Read 3769 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 13, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »

Your right wing hack teacher should meet my left wing hack teacher.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »

I would've supported Patton going in and Inksing up the Soviets as well. However, I also like the strategy of nuclear deterence. Whatever, I'd likely just find a way to oppose her since she's a teacher and I always oppose whoever tries to teach me anything.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:42 PM »

I would've supported Patton going in and Inksing up the Soviets as well. However, I also like the strategy of nuclear deterence. Whatever, I'd likely just find a way to oppose her since she's a teacher and I always oppose whoever tries to teach me anything.
Presumably you died on the beaches of Normandy, but if your brother made it to the end of WW2, [inks]ing up the Soviets in 1945 is a good enough cause for him to die for, yes?

If this is about feeling for other people, then let's talk about the millions killed under Stalinism, something that we had every moral right to oppose, whether through nuclear deterrence of physical military force. One costly war could have saved us several thousand costly missiles later. Or maybe you like to think of the money diverted to the arms race from the welfare state. Maybe with the Soviets vanquished much earlier, you get that money going to the "right" people. Hindsight is 20/20 but if I'm in 1945, we didn't just vanquish fascism in order to let communism take its place.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »

'Kay... I don't often like to admit I'm wrong, and even admitting I'm wrong seems just like the lazy, pussy way out (which is why I'm taking it). However, I've done enough research this week that I feel I can give up on this guilt free. I'll admit, in theory, I do quite like the idea of charging straight through Eastern Europe and Inksing up Mother Russia. However, you two do make very good points. Most arguments I've been in involve one of the two sides choosing to walk away, however, that's even lazier than admitting I'm wrong. So, I'm not really used to just dropping an argument with a formal "Okay guys, I was wrong". I prefer to stick it out and fight no matter how little data backs me up. So I guess that is my roundabout way of trying to explain that I understand what you're saying and realize the err of my ways. I consder you two forum friends, and so I'll just be civil about this. God, I hope this doesn't sound like arrogant condescension or soemthing...

Cathcon, do you realize just for one second what going at war with USSR right after WW2 would have implied ?

I'd love for you to enlighten me. (Normally, me saying this sentence means I'm being saracastic, but in this case, no)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies