What is ''the mission'' in Afghanistan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:07:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is ''the mission'' in Afghanistan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is ''the mission'' in Afghanistan?  (Read 1176 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »

I really feel badly for what I'm only guessing, perhaps wrongly, are the bulk of the Afghan people.  There options are: 1. to be ruled over by a corrupt, inept and uncaring Karzai government: 2. to be bullied, beaten and killed by Taliban tyrants who were originally a Pakistan-created occupation force: 3. to be inadequately protected by, and occasionally have their civilians killed by either accident or by soldiers who have gone bats^*t crazy among, American forces.  They really have nowhere to turn.

In any case, given the facts that al Qaeda has almost entirely been eliminated in Afghanistan, the Taliban are unbeatable there without a march larger commitment of ground troops, and the Karzai government is hardly worth protecting itself, I agree we should just leave.  Wars are meant to achieve political ends, but after eleven years, things are only slowly getting worse.  Time to go already.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies