Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 10:46:48 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Missouri caucuses won't include a straw poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Missouri caucuses won't include a straw poll  (Read 4811 times)
AT&T likes to throw money around.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 07:17:10 pm »
Ignore

lol JJ

What are you talking about Duke?  Things are great so far.   I do have to cling to God no matter what.  I have nothing against this at all,  but in my class there are 9 blacks and 4 whites.  African Americans are quite prevalent in that part of Tulsa.  I don't mind it at all,  but it is an interesting fact in white Oklahoma.
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: 2.78

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 10:37:38 am »
Ignore

Interesting.

Mitt Romney and his campaign advisers pride themselves on vigorously pursuing every delegate in every corner of the country in their quest to secure the Republican presidential nomination.

That was not the case here Thursday evening at the Chariton County caucus inside the Railyard Steakhouse, where Republicans voted to send their full share of delegates to the district and state conventions in support of Rick Santorum.

The first question of the evening was whether to bind delegates to the results of the February primary. The measure passed by a wide margin and no discussion, which sent four delegates on behalf of Mr. Santorum and none for Mr. Romney or Representative Ron Paul of Texas.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 10:50:15 am »
Ignore

Missouri is not going to be a good place for Mittens. He will get presumably the St. Louis metro area, and maybe Cape Giraudoux, and that is probably about it. The rest of the state will be grim.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 11:44:03 am »
Ignore

Missouri is not going to be a good place for Mittens. He will get presumably the St. Louis metro area, and maybe Cape Giraudoux, and that is probably about it. The rest of the state will be grim.

Santorum carried handily (20 points or more) St. Louis and its suburbs, so I wouldn't hold my breath even there.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 11:54:56 am »
Ignore

Santorum carried handily (20 points or more) St. Louis and its suburbs, so I wouldn't hold my breath even there.

Yes, although that beauty contest race wasn't contested, and caucuses are strange beasts. But you may be right. We shall see.
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »
Ignore

So that means no predictions for Missouri at all? Dave should've just taken predictions on the beauty contest primary.

Dave did.  A few days before the beauty contest, Dave changed the date the Missouri predictions were locked in to that of the beauty constent becaus ehe learned there would be no results from the caucus.

The MO predictions still says 3-17 on the predictions entry page.
Minnesota Mike

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »
Ignore

sounds like chaos in Mo, at least according to twitter

#mocaucus

Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 01:13:34 pm »
Ignore

Yes, although that beauty contest race wasn't contested, and caucuses are strange beasts. But you may be right. We shall see.

Yeah, but it sounds like Mittens isn't contesting the caucus either.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:57 pm »
Ignore

Here are some twitter reports:

In Boone County. Out of 53 delegates, 48 went to Ron Paul and five went to Mitt Romney. Romney's people joined Paul slate.

In Platte county, there seems to be an even split between nominating a Romney slate of delegates and a Santorum/Gingrich slate.

Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 01:39:35 pm »
Ignore

Looks like the Santorum slate won in Platte County. If Romney's losing places like Platte, then he's probably not going to get many delegates out of this caucus at all.

Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »
Ignore

The St. Charles County caucus has been cancelled.

Well, I just got back from my caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri and it did not go well. First of all, the caucus was supposed to start at 10am but the lines were so long that they decided to let anyone who got in line by 10am to get in. The actual meeting didn't even start until approx. 11:10am and this black guy (Eugene, I think he was the St. Chas. County Republican Chairman), tells everyone to turn off their video cameras and that recording is not allowed. The place went ballistic and then Eugene told the cops to arrest this guy who was video recording. The cops went up to arrest the guy and everyone started yelling things like, "First Amendment Rights!", ""Defend the Constitution!", "Arrest the chairman!" The cops realized that this could get ugly so they backed off and called for reinforcements. The meeting was stopped until about a dozen or so more cops showed up. Then Eugene started the meeting again and announced that anyone caught video taping would be arrested. Right after that he asked for a nomination for Caucus Chairman. Brent Stafford was nominated and was overwhelmingly endorsed by the crowd. This Eugene nazi fellow, completely ignored the crowd and nominated this white guy tool who Eugene immediately announced as the Caucus Chairman without any support at all. The place went ballistic and the Romney and Paul supporters realized that we were being screwed. The place continued to go nuts and so the caucus was completely canceled and guess what?! St. Chas. County will not have any delegates to respresent them in this election. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe this Eugene character and his coharts were Santorum supporters and they saw that Romney and Paul were going to get the majority of the delegates so they decided to stir up this trouble. I am sorry to ramble on like this but I am so shaken right now. What I just witnessed seems like something that came right out of the nazi playbook. I'm stunned that something like this could happen in one of the most conservative republican counties in Missouri. Just stunned. Oh, I forgot to mention that the cops did indeed eventually handcuff and arrest the guy that was video recording. Welcome to the nazi police state of the USSA, people.

realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »
Ignore

Highly unofficial tallies I've gathered from Twitter and other websites. Note that the vote totals and delegate totals don't all come from the same places, plus there is a natural selection bias. Most of the totals also come from St. Louis County:

Votes:
670 Santorum
665 Paul
473 Uncommitted Unity Slates (Anti-Paul)
380 Romney
40 Gingrich
6 Uncommitted

Delegates:
92 Paul
65 Romney
63 Santorum
3 Gingrich
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:30:21 pm by realisticidealist »Logged

Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 02:29:04 pm »
Ignore

lol republican caucuses
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:53 pm »
Ignore

It's ridiculous that the MO GOP isn't going to report the results of this. The Democratic party reported the delegates totals for all of their caucuses/conventions.

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »
Ignore

The St. Charles County caucus has been cancelled.

Well, I just got back from my caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri and it did not go well. First of all, the caucus was supposed to start at 10am but the lines were so long that they decided to let anyone who got in line by 10am to get in. The actual meeting didn't even start until approx. 11:10am and this black guy (Eugene, I think he was the St. Chas. County Republican Chairman), tells everyone to turn off their video cameras and that recording is not allowed. The place went ballistic and then Eugene told the cops to arrest this guy who was video recording. The cops went up to arrest the guy and everyone started yelling things like, "First Amendment Rights!", ""Defend the Constitution!", "Arrest the chairman!" The cops realized that this could get ugly so they backed off and called for reinforcements. The meeting was stopped until about a dozen or so more cops showed up. Then Eugene started the meeting again and announced that anyone caught video taping would be arrested. Right after that he asked for a nomination for Caucus Chairman. Brent Stafford was nominated and was overwhelmingly endorsed by the crowd. This Eugene nazi fellow, completely ignored the crowd and nominated this white guy tool who Eugene immediately announced as the Caucus Chairman without any support at all. The place went ballistic and the Romney and Paul supporters realized that we were being screwed. The place continued to go nuts and so the caucus was completely canceled and guess what?! St. Chas. County will not have any delegates to respresent them in this election. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe this Eugene character and his coharts were Santorum supporters and they saw that Romney and Paul were going to get the majority of the delegates so they decided to stir up this trouble. I am sorry to ramble on like this but I am so shaken right now. What I just witnessed seems like something that came right out of the nazi playbook. I'm stunned that something like this could happen in one of the most conservative republican counties in Missouri. Just stunned. Oh, I forgot to mention that the cops did indeed eventually handcuff and arrest the guy that was video recording. Welcome to the nazi police state of the USSA, people.

Republicans stealing elections in America? I'm guessing whoever wrote that wasn't paying any attention in 2000.
argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 02:57:50 pm »
Ignore

Looking like a decent haul for Ron Paul. Should get a few delegates unless they conspire to shut us out, although after today's fiasco I'm sure at the next levels of the caucus they'll just want to get it over with and won't bother.
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 03:29:34 pm »

Looking like a decent haul for Ron Paul. Should get a few delegates unless they conspire to shut us out, although after today's fiasco I'm sure at the next levels of the caucus they'll just want to get it over with and won't bother.

Based on the fact that Anti-Paul "Uncommitted Unity Slates" apparently now exist, it looks like the GOP is beginning to wise up to the Paulistas' tactics.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 03:33:33 pm »
Ignore

Updated results:

Votes:
700 Paul
686 Santorum
473 Uncommitted Unity Slates (Anti-Paul)
410 Romney
46 Gingrich
6 Uncommitted

Delegates:
116 Paul
92 Santorum
71 Romney
4 Gingrich

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »
Ignore

Confusion leads to no Santorum victory.  A chance for Santorum to gain some momentum is gone.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
Ignore

Confusion leads to no Santorum victory.  A chance for Santorum to gain some momentum is gone.

There was never going to be a winner declared. 99.9% of people will ignore this contest.

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »
Ignore

Obviously caucuses have different turnouts than primaries, but wow. Santorum got 55% in the primary, while Paul only got 12%.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »
Ignore

I would be happy if Mittens can get 15 delegates out of this mess.
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »
Ignore

Obviously caucuses have different turnouts than primaries, but wow. Santorum got 55% in the primary, while Paul only got 12%.

The vast, vast majority of rural counties have not been represented in the totals I've listed.

argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 03:46:54 pm »
Ignore

The thing is though that this is a caucus, which favours Paul, it has received very little media attention, which favours Paul, and Paul didn't try in the primary, because he had Minnesota to focus on.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 03:47:32 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, most of the counties I'm seeing on Twitter should be strong Romney/Paul counties. The fact that Santorum is doing this well in urban/suburban counties bodes very well for him. If he can get most of Missouri's 52 delegates, that would be a pretty big victory for him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout