Missouri caucuses won't include a straw poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:01:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Missouri caucuses won't include a straw poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missouri caucuses won't include a straw poll  (Read 14582 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »

So that means no predictions for Missouri at all? Dave should've just taken predictions on the beauty contest primary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »

Yeah you can't hold a "non-binding" primary and then go and retroactively make it count. Same situation as 2008 when J. J. and Hillary Is 44 were arguing to seat the delegates in Florida and Michigan as elected, Michigan being the more absurd of those two. In this case it'd be even more absurd since there's no standard for how delegates would be assigned, so deciding on a delegate allocation method would also be blatantly beneficial toward a certain candidate.

I think the whole reason Missouri had the non-binding primary is it was already scheduled there but would violate RNC rules and be subject to sanctions. So there was an attempt to have it moved forward, but the GOP-controlled State House and State Senate deadlocked, weren't able to meet the deadline, and the caucus had to be set up instead to assign delegates. So basically blame Republicans' inability to govern for this.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »

The difference is everyone knew VA would count ahead of time, the other candidates just epic failed at making the ballot. Missouri had some candidates not attempt and others not campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies