Office of Senator Clarence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Clarence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Clarence  (Read 4799 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »

Excuse me for interjecting. I attend a Catholic school, and throughout middle school and early high school, the ideas of evolution were clearly explained and whatnot. Hell, they were probably accepted as fact or close to it by the teaching, and probably as fact by the teachers. And that was in a Catholic school. The job of a science class is to teach theories as theories, not to get into a huge debate. The fact that almost no one in my school today believes in the religion is much more the fault of bad religion teachers than anything else. Point is, you want religion, you send your kid home and talk to them at the dinner table, or you send them to a religious school. Evolution is the dominating scientific theory on the creation of life and should be taught as such.
The Catholic Church is down with evolution. They got burned on the whole geocentrism thing (or rather a lot of scientists did). In any case, they're trying to stay ahead of the curve on this one. Unfortunately, they're totally missing the boat on all other things sexual and reproductive. Hopefully it won't take them hundreds of years to fix that one.

memphis is postin' in atlasia? Shocked
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies