Office of Senator Clarence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:24:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Clarence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Clarence  (Read 4809 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:57 AM »

It's good that you introduced that bill because a debate on this question is necessary. I hope the bill will be rejected.

Atlasia does not need a state-dependent national broadcaster which competes with private broadcasters.

A national broadcaster may very well evolve into a propaganda outlet for the government, even if the bill says the government does not have a direct influence on the programmes that are broadcast. Why is that? Because that national broadcaster is wholly dependent on tax money which is levied by the Federal Government. Do you really expect such a national broadcaster to regularly adopt a critical stance towards activities of the Federal Government when its mere existence depends on the Federal Government? In fact, the new national broadcaster would be very dependent on the Federal Government.

Secondly, we should not burden our people with yet another tax. Atlasians struggle to make ends meet, so it is a matter of principle to oppose new taxes. Mr. President, Atlasians need to have more money in their pockets, not less.

Finally, a state-dependent national broadcaster has nearly unlimited resources - more resources than private broadcasters. Indeed, this may eventually force some private broadcasters to shut down. Should it be the government's priority to squeeze private employers out of the market? I doubt it!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »

ZuWo- thank you for your comments and I want to tell you that I agree with every comment you have made and I will strongly oppose the bill I put forward. I put the bill forward because ZuWo had asked a Senator to and I saw no bill had been proposed since February... so I stepped up and put it on the docket. I told the President that I will be opposing it- however I believe we need to debate SOMETHING...

I will be submitting a bill more in line with our ideology later regarding Department of Justice overreach...

I know you oppose this bill, you made that very clear. When I asked "Do you really expect ...?" in my post I did not adress you, it was merely a rhetorical question. Sorry if I didn't phrase that clear enough! The only reason why I posted in your thread was that I wanted to use this opportunity to say why I am against the bill as well. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »

Enjoy your week and have fun!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies