The GOP War on Women - The Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The GOP War on Women - The Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: The GOP War on Women - The Megathread  (Read 25836 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »

My friend (tea partier, if you're wondering affiliation) met Keith Ablow at the doctor's office. He's apparently as much of a douchebag in real life as he is on Fox.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »

Some idiot on Fox called her fat....who cares, is this middle school?

You don't see them calling men fat. The double standard is a microaggression against women.

In todays society, women are much more likely to be targeted for their weight than men. If you want to attack the double standard blame those in the media and Hollywood for creating the culture we have.

Furthermore, we all know what the deal with Fox is, it really should not surprise anyone, similar to left wing media outlets attacking Christie over the same issue.

Always fun when our national media delves into issues that should be relegated to the kardashians.

This is an unexpectedly accurate and legitimate response, well done Tongue

I'll take the backhanded arrogance in stride....
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-vaillancourt-ann-kuster-ugly-as-sin

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/florida-republican-clinton-down-like-lewinsky
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2016, 11:00:10 PM »

Some idiot on Fox called her fat....who cares, is this middle school?

Didn't realize people still watched that channel anyways.
It's either that, Clinton News Network, Bloomberg Business Elites, or MSNC. I don't blame Joe for watching the only major news network.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:04 AM »

Just when I was proud of three Republicans in my state for rejecting the anti-gay religious freedom bill, this happens. It seems this doofus slept through the Missouri Senate race in 2012. Paging Todd Akin.

Didn't Sharron Angle make some sort of similar comment about this using the turning lemons into lemonade proverbial phrase?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/missouri-republican-on-fetus-personhood-measure-pregnancies-are-silver-lining-of-rape/
Angel of Death
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »

http://www.dayswithoutagoprapemention.com/
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2016, 12:43:37 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2016, 12:50:59 PM by RightBehind »

This kind of stuff used to offend me and outrage me.

Now it doesn't because I am so used to it. The GOP says this crap so much that it really isn't news worthy anymore.

I think if a woman is pregnant by rape and wants to give birth to the child, more power to her. Forcing the mother to do so, is just morally abhorrent. I think it's victim punishing and I can't imagine the trauma of being raped with carrying the fetus as a reminder.

What ticks me off even more is rapist fathers have visitation rights. That right there should be illegal in all 50 states.
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »

What ticks me off even more is rapist fathers have visitation rights. That right there should be illegal in all 50 states.

Never thought of that. Seems like common sense to me.  If you are convicted of rape, no visit rights for you.   But still best left to states rather than national legislation.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »

Never thought of that. Seems like common sense to me.  If you are convicted of rape, no visit rights for you.   But still best left to states rather than national legislation.

I wonder if that is actually intentional or rather due to an oversight in the law that does not remove visitation rights from rapists.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2016, 07:09:30 PM »

When are these people going to recognize that rape is, above all else, a horrible and inexcusable crime? To be sure there have been women who have been raped, had a child, and bonded with the child. But that is rare.

Far more often the child becomes a scapegoat for the rape and for perhaps the mother's debased life. Such a child often develops a chip on his or her shoulder and becomes a monster.

...Real men hate rape. They see rape as a threat to their wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters, granddaughters, and grandmothers. As I would not be raped or allow others to rape my loved ones, I would not rape.

Silver lining? They have the wrong metal. Maybe "arsenic lining" better fits. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2016, 07:13:26 PM »

The real question, liberals, is whether we need to background check the guns these fetuses will be able to purchase if granted the same Constitutional rights as American citizens.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »

The real question, liberals, is whether we need to background check the guns these fetuses will be able to purchase if granted the same Constitutional rights as American citizens.

It's why expanding legal rights to fetuses (or nonhuman primates, for that matter) is silly. It implies many rights and responsibilities that the organism in question cannot enjoy.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2016, 08:30:33 PM »

When are these people going to recognize that rape is, above all else, a horrible and inexcusable crime? To be sure there have been women who have been raped, had a child, and bonded with the child. But that is rare.

Far more often the child becomes a scapegoat for the rape and for perhaps the mother's debased life. Such a child often develops a chip on his or her shoulder and becomes a monster.

...Real men hate rape. They see rape as a threat to their wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters, granddaughters, and grandmothers. As I would not be raped or allow others to rape my loved ones, I would not rape.

Silver lining? They have the wrong metal. Maybe "arsenic lining" better fits. 

Children = arsenic.  Wow.

You must have a low opinion of women to think they aren't capable of loving a child they give birth to because of what someone else has done to them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies