Looks like Bill Maher must be dethroned as "Rush of the Left" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:31:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Looks like Bill Maher must be dethroned as "Rush of the Left" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looks like Bill Maher must be dethroned as "Rush of the Left"  (Read 4034 times)
Svensson
NVTownsend

« on: March 18, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

Where did idea that Bill Maher's some kind of Democratic equivalent to Rush Limbaugh come from? Huh

There is no moral equivalence being asserted. What Maher has done is orders of magnitude worse.

...well, since there's essentially no way for me to point out everything that is just inherently wrong with this sentence, I'll just settle for calling you a cognitively-impaired Republisheep ding-dong and leave it at that.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »

Where did idea that Bill Maher's some kind of Democratic equivalent to Rush Limbaugh come from? Huh

There is no moral equivalence being asserted. What Maher has done is orders of magnitude worse.

...well, since there's essentially no way for me to point out everything that is just inherently wrong with this sentence, I'll just settle for calling you a cognitively-impaired Republisheep ding-dong and leave it at that.

Okay, you didn't have an answer, so you went ad hominem.

Tell me, then. Just what has Maher done that is worse than, say, publicly supporting Joseph Kony and calling women who use birth control "sluts"?
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:54:23 AM »

There is no way to point anything wrong with my statement because it is empirically true.

If you are going to criticize some people on the other side for noting that what Maher said was objectively worse and least have the basic respect for the truth not to put words in their mouths. Whether, they are right or wrong, analytically brilliant, or "cognitively imparied," or leaders or followers, I can cite example after example where they have clearly argued that what Maher said was objectively worse than anything Limbaugh ever said about Fluke.

Then cite them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies