Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Romney, 19, demonstrated in favor of Vietnam War draft  (Read 5294 times)
Jax27
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 12:12:19 AM »

So he supported his country stopping communism? I don't agree with the draft but there is no reason to name call. This is the left name calling when they are panicking. Have you looked into Obama's college years where he supported professor Derrick Bell? Or are you being bias?

Everyone knows he honored a well-respected college dean like Derrick Bell.  Does anyone who's not Andrew Breitbart care, however?  No.  Supporting the Vietnam War is bad enough, but supporting the draft to the point of protesting in favor of it while you're out dodging it goes beyond words.

That's the leftist point of view but you're entitled to your opinion. Brietbart is an admirable man while Derrick Bell advocated racial differences and class warfare.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

So he supported his country stopping communism? I don't agree with the draft but there is no reason to name call. This is the left name calling when they are panicking. Have you looked into Obama's college years where he supported professor Derrick Bell? Or are you being bias?
If he supported "stopping communism" so much he should have done the patriotic thing and volunteered to join the military.
Jax27
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »

Like Obama did?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »

Obama was in elementary school while Romney was protesting here.
Jax27
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »

He still never joined. I don't like using the "he never served" in order to make Republicans look like hypocrites. Kerry supporters did the same thing to Bush. There is no need to call Romney names just because you disagree with him on the draft. I disagree and I'm not calling him names. It sounds like someone has a case of class envy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »

The silence from certain members about this is very amusing.

Microsoft WINfield crashed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »

He still never joined. I don't like using the "he never served" in order to make Republicans look like hypocrites. Kerry supporters did the same thing to Bush. There is no need to call Romney names just because you disagree with him on the draft. I disagree and I'm not calling him names. It sounds like someone has a case of class envy.

OK, "jax47", quit trolling. You had us believing you really were a hard right conservative, but then you went too far in trying to insist that Obama not enlisting for Vietnam as a grade schooler was actually comperable to romney's failure to enlist as a college student. Nice try there, but no sentient person says something THAT stupid. Nice try, joke sock. Now quit posting as a fake conservative or else.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 11:36:25 AM »

OK, "jax47", quit trolling. You had us believing you really were a hard right conservative, but then you went too far in trying to insist that Obama not enlisting for Vietnam as a grade schooler was actually comperable to romney's failure to enlist as a college student. Nice try there, but no sentient person says something THAT stupid. Nice try, joke sock. Now quit posting as a fake conservative or else.

In other news, all these fake avatars are giving me a headache!.  Of course, some around here may think mine was fake from day one. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »

Is Jax47 that Derek idiot again?
Jax27
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »

No I said that I'm tired of the left using military service as a way to make conservatives look hypocritical. By saying that Obama "still didn't serve" I meant ever not during Vietnam. The left in our country has been doing this ever since Bush ran in 2000.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »

No I said that I'm tired of the left using military service as a way to make conservatives look hypocritical. By saying that Obama "still didn't serve" I meant ever not during Vietnam. The left in our country has been doing this ever since Bush ran in 2000.
Speaking as a conservative and as a veteran- I believe it is a legitimate point... neither served but for some one to advocate a nation-building war I believe it is hypocritical not to have served when able...I was sent to Vietnam by men who won world wars. Now men and women ares ent to Afghanistan by men who got five deferments...and those people approach it with an elitist perspective

What I want to say is- Mr. Romney if not you or your sons who should serve in a war you believe in? I do not belive that if you did not serve you can not support military action but those who do not serve do not understand the toll it takes...even on volunteers. This is the same as the DADT debate- I watched Saxby Chambliss- the man who compared MAX CLELAND to Hussein- give a lecture on how military life is very different from civilian life...this coming from a man who sought and was grantd multiple deferments in the late 60s...pathetic
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »

I do hope someone asks Romney about this. I think it is a legit issue about why he protested in support for the draft while he sought deferments.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2012, 01:14:24 PM by Senator Scott »

You are being absolutely ridiculous.  Our point isn't merely that Romney didn't serve, it's that he didn't serve and picketed at a pro-draft rally.  If he had any decency, he would've protested at the anti-draft demonstrations instead, or at least not partaken in any demonstration at all.  I don't see how this is so difficult to understand.

It would be like one of those rich CEOs- who've benefited from not paying any taxes thanks to all the loopholes and tax cuts- going on the street and holding up a sign that says "Help your country!  Pay your taxes!".
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

Disagree strongly with Romney here -

If a man is unwilling to fight for his country, he should not be sent abroad.

You get a far better army from men who want to defend their country, and you'll get more recruits when it's understood that these are all you will get.
Jax27
Rookie
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 02:18:09 PM »

You are being absolutely ridiculous.  Our point isn't merely that Romney didn't serve, it's that he didn't serve and picketed at a pro-draft rally.  If he had any decency, he would've protested at the anti-draft demonstrations instead, or at least not partaken in any demonstration at all.  I don't see how this is so difficult to understand.

It would be like one of those rich CEOs- who've benefited from not paying any taxes thanks to all the loopholes and tax cuts- going on the street and holding up a sign that says "Help your country!  Pay your taxes!".

So he supported the draft and didn't serve. I also disagree with him on this. It's not difficult to understand. No name calling is needed. Rich CEO's? That's language from the left. Damn those fat cats, right? How about help your country and cut taxes?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »

OMG. So Jax is for reals and ACTUALLY made an argument THAT stupid about Obama never having served in the military? Shocked

Awkward........

Btw, lovely use of obnoxious buzzwords in a post decrying same.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »

Only Derek would be dumb enough to resume posting a day after reban and use the same R-FL avatar and same posting style in the next sock.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »

So he supported the draft and didn't serve. I also disagree with him on this. It's not difficult to understand. No name calling is needed. Rich CEO's? That's language from the left. Damn those fat cats, right? How about help your country and cut taxes?

All right, okay.  I got it.  You were trolling all along.  Have your laugh, now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies