Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 04:23:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Santorum comment taken out of context in record timing!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Santorum comment taken out of context in record timing!  (Read 642 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »
Ignore

Got to hand it to Mitt's campaign: they're disgusting at rapid speed!

Santorum said he "doesn't care about what the unemployment rate is" because his concerns are centered around something more foundational. His campaign "doesn't hinge on unemployment numbers." Of course, Team Romney hits him for saying that he doesn't care about the unemployed - http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/santorum-i-don-t-care-what-the-unemployment-rate-s-going-to-be--20120319

Because we know Willard feels the plight of the unemployed.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
ShadowOfTheWave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »
Ignore

Got to hand it to Mitt's campaign: they're disgusting at rapid speed!

Santorum said he "doesn't care about what the unemployment rate is" because his concerns are centered around something more foundational. His campaign "doesn't hinge on unemployment numbers." Of course, Team Romney hits him for saying that he doesn't care about the unemployed - http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/santorum-i-don-t-care-what-the-unemployment-rate-s-going-to-be--20120319

Mitt has worked in the real economy and has created jobs, so I'd expect him to understand more than Santorum.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:47:24 pm »
Ignore

Yeah but Mitt also knows quite a bit about unemployment for other reasons...

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
Ignore

Santorum's at least actually trying to run a campaign on issues and principles, albeit issues and principles I disagree with passionately.  Unlike Romney, who's basically running on a "Economy bad, vote Romney" platform.

<peeperkorn> this forum is full of allergic virgins with nosebleeding
Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »
Ignore

Ironically the Santorum statement in full is actually taking Romney out of context
We need a candidate who's going to be a fighter for freedom. Who's going to get up and make that the central theme in this race because it is the central theme in this race. I don't care what the unemployment rate's going to be. Doesn't matter to me. My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates. It's something more foundational that's going on. We have one nominee who says he wants to run the economy. What kind of conservative says that the president runs the economy? What conservative says I'm the guy, because of my economic experience, that can create jobs? I don't know. We conservatives generally think that government doesn't create jobs. That what government does is create an atmosphere for jobs to be created in the private sector.

Um, when has Mitt Romney said he wants to "run the economy" and when has he said that the President and the government "create Jobs" and not the private sector. Because from what I have been hearing, Romney has been saying exactly the opposite.

Also note how he calls Romney the nominee? Ooops. Freudian slip there Rick?

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:32:45 pm »
Ignore

Is this any more unfair than Mitt Romney's "I like to fire people" thing?

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Bull Moose Base
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »
Ignore

All candidates have been taken out of context by rivals. Romney's the worst offender/loudest complainer about it being done to themselves.  But their say or do anything to win is just an extreme version of what all political campaigns are on some level.

That said, I don't think this offense is that bad in either direction in this case. Santorum is basically saying unemployment isn't his central concern.  And Romney is saying the president's job is to create jobs.

Romney's "I like to fire people" was taken out of context but his "I'm not worried about the poor" wasn't especially.  Even in full context, Romney was basically saying poor people, like rich people, are all set and helping them won't be my priority.

Romney himself has told more and more absurd lies than anyone except maybe Bachmann and Gingrich this primary and I do think it might to come back to haunt him in the general, along with several other problems he has.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:19:44 pm by Joementum »Logged
IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »
Ignore

But he does care - so long as they have cheesy grits.

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
BeccaM
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »
Ignore

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:22 am »
Ignore

Some of his best friends have created tens of thousands of unemployed!

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Breaking hearts and minds
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:42 am »
Ignore

Most of the time, Santorum quotes sound creepy in any context you put them. So what's your point?
18 remain
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:18:25 pm »
Ignore

Or "Corperations are people" for that matter?
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:13 pm »
Ignore

It is still a gaffe, just not a seminal one. Mittens has had his share too - each and every one of which is discussed in some detail around here. It is all part of the game. Smiley

Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:20:28 pm »

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." -Mitt Romney

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout