Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some news about the Utah Gubernatorial race  (Read 8950 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:59:28 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2012, 10:29:44 AM by Snowstalker »

Any chances of a Democratic victory in Utah will be shattered if Romney is the nominee. Even in a big loss, Mitt's coattails will be too strong with Mormons.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »

Any chances of a Democratic victory in Utah will be shattered if Romney is the nominee. Even in a big loss, Mitt's coattails will be too strong with Mormons.

Peter Cooke is a Mormon too, but I get your point. Still, he has a much better chance than Coroon back in 2010 did. Or Bob Springmeyer back in 2008. Those loses were just embarrassing. And Herbert's been making himself slightly unpopular since his victory in 2010. The GRAMA closed records bill, the signing of a bunch of GOP "message" bills, and a few other missteps could make this a closer race than most years.

Hopefully the GOP Presidential primaries go crazy enough that Romney isn't seen as desirable even among Mormons (I'm a Mormon too, but I'm not exactly the standard Mormon).

You should have some better insight into Utah politics than I do. Does Mitt have a shot at breaking 70% in the state as Bush did in 2004?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies