Anti-Americanism on this board (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anti-Americanism on this board (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Americanism on this board  (Read 9528 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:12 AM »

I know I am inviting an onslaught here... I have noticed a hell of a lot of Anti-Americanism among you all discussing foreign policy...I have one question for this board as a whole

That Chinaman who comes on here to get homework help- if he started bashing Hu Jintao and his government he would get his door kicked in one night...same for many othe rcountries around the world. Here you all are calling the USA evil and the cause of all disruption in the world and wishing for other countries to win a war against us- yet you are allowed to do so and aren't arrested for it.

Do you ever think about this and if so why does it not give you a positive opinion of the country that gives you this freedom?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:44 AM »

Criticizing the US's actions =/= Antiamericanism. It's sad to see people unable to make such a basic difference.
It is sad to see people unable to make a difference between government actions and a nation... calling America an imperialist, violent, evil nation which is the cause of all the world's bad goes beyond criticizing George W for the Iraq War...
When people vote that they would prefer Iran in a war against the USA- that is Anti-American...that is a post I spent little time on because I know that whatever I wrote would fall on blind eyes...however wanting Iran to win means wanting the USA to lose that war- wanting our troops to die rather then Iran's. To me this crosses the line...not wanting us to go to war with Iran is a legitimate view- wanting us to lose a war is Anti-American
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:19 AM »

I want to thank Severe Frodo and Polnut among others who have talked about this civilly and politely... for those who have not I do no tappreciate it. Not only in this thread but in others...I walk on eggshells to avoid offending you folks- I prefaced the first post here by saying I know I invite an onslaught and I believe in general I have been polite and respectful even when many of your views have been offensive to me...

I am not ashamed to be an American and to believe that the USA is the greatest nation on the face of the Earth...these beliefs some how are treated as taboo or bigoted or ignorant on this board and it is difficult to bear... once again I find myself feeling physically ill due to comments I read on here and it is not due to the beliefs you have but the offensive manner you express it...

I have avoided this thread since some one posted a video which I found deeply hurtful and offensive and I did so to think- and I will be continuing to think. I am sure that most of you won't give a damn but I am not sure if I can continue to be a member of this board... for as tolerant as many of you claim to be and are towards zealots in Iran and other countries you are largely intolerant of people with views like mine- pro-American, Christian, conservative

I find myself frustrated when I write a piece and find my words twisted or one minor part of my post criticized or find myself personally attacked...for a board with a purpose of discussing politics I would hope that you folks would be more accepting of those with different beliefs... I also want you to put into perspective how far outside of the mainstream many of you are- this doesn't make your views wrong but it should make you at least reconsider when you think of me and other conservatives as idiots for having views many more Americans hold then your views...

And to those of you who post from other nations- interacting with you has been a gift of this board and is the most amazing part of the web to me- but for the love of Christ show some respect to my country...I read again the thread about Iran vs. the USA and the comments make me sick. You are here discussing my country's politics- if I went on a board to discuss UK politics (just an example- I would not do this) and bashed hte UK and wished Argentina would take over the Falklands that would be impolite and offensive to those members...so please don't come on here and talk about how you would root against my country- root for the efforts of our military to fail which would obviously mean our troops end up dead.

In short- we can disagree without being disagreeable...many of you such as Severe Frodo and Nathan and Scott and Miles and Mikado many others have shown that princple. I have tried to post with that principle in mind. On the other hand many of you have called me and other conservatives racist, bigot, ignorant, Joe McCarthy, etc... not only will that type of crap screw you folks in the real world- it spreads no joy here on the web and does not make you seem any smarter... I hope being on a board with many smart and reasonable people can make thos eof you who have growing up to do more mature and respectful of others...

clarence
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies