Obama and debt reduction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:00:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Obama and debt reduction
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama and debt reduction  (Read 663 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

Several months ago, The Economist printed a lengthy lie in which they asserted that Obama had been willing to make major reductions in federal spending in return for modest increseses in taxes.

Here's a more accurate account of what really happened:

Debt story tally: John Boehner 1, President Obama 0

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74163.html#ixzz1pa8EYRnz
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »

Do people really still believe anyone has any intention of balancing the budget? It's all about taking leads in perception, like this article made itself about. "I want to balance the budget", "No, I do, I said it first", "Nuh-uh...I did", "I did times a million". It'll go on forever...and we still won't have a balanced budget. Pointless debate between ineffective tools.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »

Wow. If this is true I am disappointed in Obama. It sounds like he tried to play chicken and then swerved off too late.

It looks like deficit reduction has been kicked to post-election. If Romney is elected at that point, the Democrats might end up liking the deficit reduction plan a lot less than what they could have gotten in 2011. If Obama somehow wins again [I don't think his chances against Romney are nearly as certain as everyone seems to be predicting], he should just offer an exchange of complete expiration of the Bush tax cuts for 100% spending cuts to close the rest of the gap.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies