Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest  (Read 18318 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 25, 2012, 09:11:05 AM »

In case any Republicans are feeling cornered, like this is a partisan case and they have to defend Zimmerman, note that Allen West called the treatment of Zimmerman by the police "an outrage."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/rep-allen-west-on-trayvon-martin-this-is-an-outrage/2012/03/23/gIQA3glxVS_blog.html?tid=pm_politics_pop
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »

Let's give the devil his due here fellas.  If this is considered a "defense" of Zimmerman I don't know what the hell would be considered a "prosecution".

Let's not take things out of context now.

There's a misunderstanding here. I was pointing out that Allen West was calling for justice here and *not* defending Zimmerman.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »

It's probably really tough to see me post about Allen West and think it's anything but an attack.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »

It was Sam's comment about how their must be money at stake for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to get involved. Sometimes, like when Jackson was crying at Obama's inauguration, the simplest explanation for someone's behavior is the best one. The Trayvon Martin case is horrifying, but for many African Americans it's just a particularly media-friendly incident of a reality that rarely gets attention.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »

As for me, I will defend 'innocent until proven guilty' in all cases.

...unless there's a cover story in the National Enquirer, which constitutes proof of guilt. Tongue

Anyway, none of our judgment has the force of law - only the courts can convict him of being guilty. We can only make our own judgments from the evidence we have before us and provide our opinions, which carry no weight at all in the real world.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »

I just looked up where Sanford is and I'm quite surprised. Why does an outer exurb of Orlando have such a high black population?

It was a city of regional importance before the Mouse arrived and Orlando boomed. It incorporates several historic Black settlements.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »

Shooting someone fatally in the chest is a reasonable response to a broken nose?
What if he is pounding your head into the cement?

If you are going to shoot someone in self defense, better the chest at close range, rather than the back at 50 feet, don't you think.

I love how everyone is treating this as an abstract case.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »

I'm confused. When people here were talking about his bloody face and broken news and hypothesizing that Martin knocked him to the ground and beat the crap out of him, what were they basing it on, if Zimmerman wasn't even bloody in the first place?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »

Some more bombshells from Zimmerman's father that buttresses jimrtex's and J.J.'s case against Trayvon. Note the text in bold below - it vindicates Zimmerman.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/29/2720704/george-zimmermans-dad-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »

His father wasn't there and was not a witness in any way. He's also got an obvious bias. Why should anyone care what he has to say on the matter?

Well, that's one perspective. Other people prefer to consider all the evidence, which muddies the waters and shows that we can't rush to judgment.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

His father wasn't there and was not a witness in any way. He's also got an obvious bias. Why should anyone care what he has to say on the matter?

Well, that's one perspective. Other people prefer to consider all the evidence, which muddies the waters and shows that we can't rush to judgment.

No, it's brute fact. His father wasn't a witness. What part of that do you not understand? His father's statements aren't evidence. He would not be allowed to take the stand and present these in a court of law because at best his statements are hearsay.

Zimmerman's father is innocent until proven guilty - do not rush to judgment. We have to consider all the evidence.

jimrtex, J.J., BigSkyBob, help me out here. He doesn't get it.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

ABC agents are police officers.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »

Police officers may enforce liquor laws, and ABC agents may have law enforcement powers.

They probably aren't in uniform.

ABC agents are police officers. Google it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies