Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:00:35 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Should Rush Limbaugh be banned from the radio?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Should Rush Limbaugh be banned from the radio?
yes (D)   -3 (8.3%)
no (D)   -12 (33.3%)
yes (R)   -0 (0%)
no (R)   -8 (22.2%)
yes (I)   -2 (5.6%)
no (I)   -11 (30.6%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Should Rush Limbaugh be banned from the radio?  (Read 978 times)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:19:19 am »
Ignore

A recent CNN poll had 46% voting he should be banned.  I'd like to hear your take on it before I toss in my 2 cents.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:22:03 am »
Ignore

No- I am not one for censoring people, no matter how ridiculous or misguided they might be.

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:24:52 am »
Ignore

No- I am not one for censoring people, no matter how ridiculous or misguided they might be.
This.
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
Ignore

No. He's said a lot of stupid things sure, but it shouldn't be illegal for him to say those things.
and all is well until the heart betrays
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:11 am »
Ignore

1st amendment, folks!

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:37:40 am »
Ignore

This.

IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:31:12 am »
Ignore

Banned? No. That would violate his free speech rights. Fired by the people who give him a platform, yes.

Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »
Ignore

Yes. Stupidity is tolerable only to some extent.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »
Ignore

This.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »
Ignore

Yes. Stupidity is tolerable only to some extent.

Even if he is stupid, why should it matter?

Well, I really shouldn't be surprised.

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »
Ignore

Yes, just the same as Westboro should be banned from protesting. Sorry, everyone - as libertarian as I am, I also like to think I know when people have long shown they no longer deserve the right to an opinion.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »
Ignore

No.

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -4.96

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:21:49 pm »
Ignore

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »
Ignore

No, you have a right to speak out even if what you're saying is utterly idiotic and tasteless.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
Ignore

No, of course not. Idiots are entitled to be idiots.

Senator Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 07:41:54 pm »
Ignore

Yes, just the same as Westboro should be banned from protesting. Sorry, everyone - as libertarian as I am, I also like to think I know when people have long shown they no longer deserve the right to an opinion.

There is a difference between an online forum banning a poster & the federal government banning a radio show...

Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »
Ignore

There is a difference between an online forum banning a poster & the federal government banning a radio show...

I'm perfectly aware. Perhaps I wouldn't support it under Obama's administration, since I know for fact they'd use it as an excuse to broaden censorship to hitherto unexplored levels, but I do honestly believe Limbaugh moved well past deserving constitutional rights long ago.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »
Ignore

I'm perfectly aware. Perhaps I wouldn't support it under Obama's administration, since I know for fact they'd use it as an excuse to broaden censorship to hitherto unexplored levels, but I do honestly believe Limbaugh moved well past deserving constitutional rights long ago.

I'm not necessarily saying I disagree, but how do you know this for a fact?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »
Ignore

seeing as that's kinda what you're advocating . . .

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 09:21:41 pm »
Ignore

God, I'm defending Rush's right to be an idiot in public...

I need to take a shower.
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »
Ignore

seeing as that's kinda what you're advocating . . .

For an individual. Not for entire masses of people or for an entire country, like Bush did and Obama has done, but for a single person who, I think you'll agree, has reached - or is at least approaching - the worst a human being can get without committing racial genocide or going on a rape spree.

I'm not necessarily saying I disagree, but how do you know this for a fact?

Perhaps it was a poor choice of wording, but I'm simply going on what I've seen, ergo the fact that Obama is essentially copy+paste of Bush with a different letter stuck to his name. I direct you to things such as SOPA, PIPA, the NDAA, and his extension of the PATRIOT Act.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 09:40:07 pm »
Ignore

http://www.techlawjournal.com/glossary/legal/attainder.htm

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:42:04 pm »
Ignore

I thought the Obama administration came out against SOPA and PIPA?

Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
Ignore

I thought the Obama administration came out against SOPA and PIPA?

Ah, yes, I momentarily forgot just who proposed it. Still, if he signed the NDAA, he was almost guaranteed to sign SOPA and PIPA.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »
Ignore

I'm banned from the radio, so why shouldn't I want him banned too?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout