Illinois Primary Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Illinois Primary Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illinois Primary Results  (Read 16026 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

7pm Central / 8pm Eastern
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »

The media doesn't get access to the exit polling until 5pm Eastern.  The comment in that story is just speculative.  Along the lines of "Romney's probably far enough ahead that they'll be able to call this on exit polling and early results....once we actually have those."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »

Again, the media doesn't actually get access to the exit polls until 5pm, when Edison Media Research releases their early results to the media pool.  So any supposed numbers being reported before that are fake.  This is the way it's been in every single American election since 2006, following the 2004 exit polling fiasco.  Do we have to go over this every time?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Like I asked in the other thread, what are these turnout numbers comparing to?  Are they talking about combined turnout for the two parties, and comparing to past primaries?  Because that's not going to be very meaningful, since there's no Democratic contest this time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »

I'm just really, really skeptical of Santorum making this especially close.  It's rare that I cannot think of a single compelling argument for Santorum overperforming his polls (beyond his normal very-slight overperformance)...but I see no signs of this happening here, nor any reason why it would.

But we'll see in 2 1/2 hours I suppose.

Fox is suppose to have them at 6:00 PM EDT.

But they're only going to release demographic data and such.  And stuff like "50% of left-handed dwarfs voted for Romney."  They don't release the toplines until polls close in the state.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

Exit poll is now out:

http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/il
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies