Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:24:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?  (Read 13419 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2004, 04:45:19 PM »

Anyone from another country should not be posting as if they are from this country.  They corrupt American politics.

How so?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2004, 04:59:16 PM »

Anyone from another country should not be posting as if they are from this country.  They corrupt American politics.

Actually, I must admit that this was one of my first thoughts when I started posting here.  Well, not exactly, but I thought it was misleading to have a red Minnesota or whatever if you're neither a Democrat nor from Minnesota.  But after some thought, I realized that the foreign posters wanted to be open about whom they supported (although unless they're Cuban or from the House of Saud the disclosure probably isn't necessary) and that the only way to get the color red is by choosing a state.  Then most foreigners put something in their signature file to the effect that they're not actually Democrats, but want to be honest about being DNC-sympathizers.  That, and the fact that I enjoy discussing foreign politics as much as I enjoy discussing the politics of my own country, made me rethink my position.  Most amsterdammers, for example, aren't very well informed about Dutch politics.  So in 2002 when I was working in Amsterdam and I began to intelligently discuss dutch politics at work with the locals they became quite enthusiastic.  I've noticed this also on vacation in Latin America and North Africa, etc.  So it must be a two-way street.  If you expect to give your opinions abroad, expect them to have an opinion about your government's policies as well.  Don't think of it as "they're posting as if they are from this country" because they're not.  They are simply following US politics, and want you to know where their sympathies lie.  You might regard that as complimentary.  As if they think our government is important enough to form an opinion.  And after all, we're a nation of foreigners.  All four of my grandparents were born in Europe.  My significant other is a citizen of the PRC, and most of my neighbors are either from Mexico, Western Europe, or East Asia.  How many indigenous Americans do you really know?
CTguy

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2004, 05:02:33 PM »

How so?

Becuase they are pretending to be American by masquerading around with American states under their names saying they support this or that legislation.  

They don't have to put a state under their name, I didn't have a state under mine for a long while.  They are doing it to corrupt the debate.

This debate is a lost cause.  It's either old redneckass geriatrics who think Jesus should be President or 14 year old foreigners who corrupt the debate.  I'm going to go back to doing important things at my work computer, like download music and ditch these "debate" sites.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »

Well, as my Governor might say, "Hasta la vista, baby."
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2004, 05:28:23 PM »

I'm going to go back to doing important things at my work computer, like download music and ditch these "debate" sites.

At last!  Victory!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »

How so?

Becuase they are pretending to be American by masquerading around with American states under their names saying they support this or that legislation.  

They don't have to put a state under their name, I didn't have a state under mine for a long while.  They are doing it to corrupt the debate.

This debate is a lost cause.  It's either old redneckass geriatrics who think Jesus should be President or 14 year old foreigners who corrupt the debate.  I'm going to go back to doing important things at my work computer, like download music and ditch these "debate" sites.

Ah, the open mind of a tolerant New England Liberal! Much better than those narrow-minded rednecks in the South, the Northeastern Liberals really respect other people than their own and...well, I guess not. Now, for those who learned to READ in their fancy university, there's a text that tells you whch country all foreigners are actually from. But I guess that was too much for you, huh?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »

Well, not exactly, but I thought it was misleading to have a red Minnesota or whatever if you're neither a Democrat nor from Minnesota.  

Who are you referring to? Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2004, 05:33:33 PM »

Still red I notice...   Libertarian and Democrat.
Who wants to be consistent?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2004, 05:36:09 PM »

I'm going to go back to doing important things at my work computer, like download music and ditch these "debate" sites.

At last!  Victory!

he will be back
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2004, 05:37:12 PM »

Still red I notice...   Libertarian and Democrat.
Who wants to be consistent?

Lol...I am fairly consistent, but my quote insures that I never have to defend a trakc record. Wink

But I am willing to explain my political philophy anyday, my friend. Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »

not necessary.  I agree with your earlier posting in another thread that the inconsistency is here, in our own partisan structure.    Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2004, 05:52:10 PM »

not necessary.  I agree with your earlier posting in another thread that the inconsistency is here, in our own partisan structure.    Smiley

Good then. Another one has seen the light. Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2004, 06:12:59 PM »

How so?

Ah, the open mind of a tolerant New England Liberal! Much better than those narrow-minded rednecks in the South, the Northeastern Liberals really respect other people than their own and...well, I guess not. Now, for those who learned to READ in their fancy university, there's a text that tells you whch country all foreigners are actually from. But I guess that was too much for you, huh?

Not to toot my own horn but I think that I've and Gustaf, and all other foreign members contribute greatly to these debates. Gustaf has brought in some excellent insight to American politics. I'm not 14 by the way, I'm 15, soon to be 16 as of April 18th. For a Liberal you seem to discriminate a lot CTGuy. You don't like the poor, Southerners, foreigners, the poor, Republicans, Progressives, and some Democrats. Who do you like?

Siege40
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2004, 06:14:36 PM »

Nice CT.  You've managed now not only to insult those of us from the South, but now you've insulted those who are on this board from other countries.  Gustaf, Realpolitik, and others have more knowledge of American politics in their little finger than you have in that arrogant little brain of yours.
CTguy

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2004, 06:31:37 PM »

Nice CT.  You've managed now not only to insult those of us from the South, but now you've insulted those who are on this board from other countries.  Gustaf, Realpolitik, and others have more knowledge of American politics in their little finger than you have in that arrogant little brain of yours.

Oh please, while I agree the foreign liberlas are far more intelligent than trash such as you, they aren't that educated, at least not yet.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2004, 06:34:42 PM »

Oh please, while I agree the foreign liberlas are far more intelligent than trash such as you, they aren't that educated, at least not yet.  

Why is it that every single day you say that "this is my last post" and then you come back?
CTguy

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2004, 06:38:34 PM »

because today is my last day.  Like I said I have actual things to do at work.  Some of us actually have to commit to a real job.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »

We are obviously more tolerant, less narrow-minded and better at going about intellectual debates.
CTguy

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2004, 06:45:05 PM »

We are obviously more tolerant, less narrow-minded and better at going about intellectual debates.

No you obviously just want to corrupt other countries politics since you are bored with the politics in your own country.  If you can't vote in the United States I think you should shut up about US politics.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2004, 06:48:54 PM »

No you obviously just want to corrupt other countries politics since you are bored with the politics in your own country.  If you can't vote in the United States I think you should shut up about US politics.

Please tell me how I'm corrupting your politics, I had no idea I was having that kind of influence...do you think everyone who's under 18 should also shut up about US politics?
CTguy

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2004, 06:50:14 PM »

Please tell me how I'm corrupting your politics, I had no idea I was having that kind of influence...do you think everyone who's under 18 should also shut up about US politics?

Because you take American polls online and skew the results.  People under 18 in the US already are mute about politics.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2004, 06:53:30 PM »

Because you take American polls online and skew the results.  People under 18 in the US already are mute about politics.

Are you talking about polls by the Media or polls here on the Forum or both?

Siege40
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2004, 06:55:11 PM »

because today is my last day.  Like I said I have actual things to do at work.  Some of us actually have to commit to a real job.

your leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2004, 06:56:54 PM »

Those polls are skewered anyway...and you have an education? Did you learn anything about statistics? At all?
dunn

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2004, 06:59:12 PM »

really?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies