Another Mitt Flop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:16:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Another Mitt Flop
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Mitt Flop  (Read 605 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWoqxzR5mo&feature=youtu.be
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »

I would certainly hope he is not wired the way about half my party is. And I am confident that he is not. Anyway, Mittens has always been a traditional Pub on economic issues - rock solid.  He must find all these social issue distractions extremely annoying. That is just not where the rubber meets the road right now. Amniocenteses, contraception, and gayness/gay unions are just not "problems" that  America needs to "solve" to retain/regain its virtu and longer term economic vitality.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2012, 01:18:59 PM by angus »

Amniocenteses, contraception, and gayness/gay unions are just not "problems" that  America needs to "solve" to retain/regain its virtu and longer term economic vitality.

I agree with your statement.  Still, Willard was being politically expedient in that clip.  He was running for election as Governor of Massachusetts and he said what he thought he needed to say.

I certainly wouldn't call such a statement a flop.  If anything, it was successful spin.  Willard is the sort of guy who says, "Mother'n'Daddy made sure I had mustard'n'biscuits three times a week" when he's campaigning in Sling Blade country, then turns around and asks "Who let the dogs out?" when campaigning in Detroit.  He says "China cheats" when he's in the rustbelt, and a week later, when he's in the dining room of a Connecticut country club discussing foreign trade with investors, says "We must continue our good relations with the Chinese." 

This is campaigning 101, man.  Nothing unusual about it.  They all do it.  But somehow, with Romney, it just seems so awfully scripted.  Can you imagine Willard genuinely enjoying a liberal portion of pasteurized processed American cheese food substitute heaped atop a plate of coarsely-ground, alkali-treated corn? 
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

Mittens has no game when it comes to politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies