Greatest country in the world (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Greatest country in the world (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree that "The United States of America is the greatest country in the history of mankind"
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Greatest country in the world  (Read 5587 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: March 21, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »

Yes I do- and here I go firing a spitball when I am staring into the working end of a howitzer

I do not believe the USA is perfect- we have made many, many, many mistakes. But we have made most of these mistakes honestly in the pursuit of noble goals- and yes I consider our national security and national interests a noble goal. What I believe sets the USA apart from the British Empire (of the past- not in the past 70 yars or so) and the Romans and others throughout history who have had the greatest amount of power in the world is that we have used our power for good as opposed increasing our own power...

I believe no other nation on Earth has ever given up more of its money, sweat, or blood for the freedom of complete strangers... people call us the world's policeman and I agree that we should scale down our involvement in some conflicts that do not affect us directly- but that label shows that we have used our status as a superpower to fight injustice in the world where we see it...we haven't always been right but our intentions have been pure.

Even before we were a supoerpower, the idea of our nation has been more pure then any other in history-

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We chose to put those words on a monument to our freedom that greeted so many coming to us for that very reason... we chose those words over a glorification of ourselves or our leaders or rulers. Sure the founders were slaveowners and Lincoln nowadays would be considered a racist- but our country has always moved in the direction of equality and openness...

This.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies