Holocaust denial (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Holocaust denial (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Holocaust denial  (Read 6467 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »

Anti-Semites grasping at straws/lying through their teeth.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »

I disagree.  He was a power mad nationalist who hated "lessers" so much he was willing to kill them, got the means to do so, and then did.  I see no reason to believe he would one day, had he managed to achieve peace somehow*, start rounding up German Christians (or specifically Catholics) to do the same thing.

*which would have been really hard to do at any point in time for a Nazi lead Germany, once certain dominoes had fallen, there was no looking back.  The best case scenario for Germany after Sep '39 was a forever war, or, MAYBE if they built nukes before, say, 43 and was able to make peace with the Commonwealth/US (setting up a Cold War) freeing them up to rid eastern Europe of Slavs, Roma and other undesirables.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:21:44 AM »

I disagree with most everything you said in your post above mine.
Since Judeo-Christian ethics (with its idea of compassion for the weak/poor) is fundamental to Western culture
I disagree with this.  It might be in The Book, but it clearly isn't followed all that well, then or now.  I wish it were, but it's not.  Humans are selfish (just like ALL animals) and religion might try to correct that, but it's almost always a losing fight.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'll grant that he may have wanted that, but he knew he couldn't achieve it.  Maybe plant the seeds.  Maybe alter it a bit in his image, but he was smart enough to know he couldn't wash it down the drain.  That was his power base.  It would be like a current important GOP politician saying "ya know what, this religion thing is stupid and we should use logic, reason and science to affect change in government."  It ain't going to happen now, and it wasn't going to happen then.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Christians, historically as a group, have had no problem hating "others".  European Christians had their Jews (and other "browns"), American Christians had their black slaves (and Catholics and Jews).  Of course there are always exceptions.  Even some Nazi's helped Jews to escape, but Hitler and the Nazi's didn't have to (and didn't) "breach with Christianity" to convince the Germans (and, to be fair, French, Norwegians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, etc) to round up the Jews (and others).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies