Kim Jong-un's Barbaric Purge of 'Unsound' Military Brass (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:53:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jong-un's Barbaric Purge of 'Unsound' Military Brass (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kim Jong-un's Barbaric Purge of 'Unsound' Military Brass  (Read 2030 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: March 24, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
« edited: March 24, 2012, 11:59:51 AM by Kalwejt »

I'd take firing squad (actually, probably the easiest way to go out of major execution methods) over being blown up by a mortar any day.

That said, military purges in N. Korea are only vaguely newsworthy at this point.  It's to be expected.  Frankly, the macabre execution method is messy but at the same time is still far superior to traditional methods like hanging or electrocution.

Or even the lethal injection, considering a huge number of botched executions. It's basically a lottery, just like it was with the Old Sparky.

It's kind of ironic that "barbaric" method used "bad counties" (shooting) is, in fact, more humane than "humane" method, used by the U.S.

Of course, on the other hand, one would not be executed in the U.S. for being drunk during a period of mourning or similar offence.

In other words: if I were to face a capital trial, I'd, of course, prefer to stand one in the U.S., rather than, let's say, Belarus.

But, if I were to be executed, I'd rather be executed by shooting in Belarus, rather than play lethal injection lottery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies