Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:46:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?  (Read 13515 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: March 29, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »

Okay, I can't stand it anymore.  I have to ask.  CTguy, you're really a Republican, right?  Trying to create the nastiest stereotype of a snooty New England Democrat imaginable in order to create sympathy for the GOP?  Stop that, man, because I think it's beginning to do more harm than good.  On the other hand, if you're serious, and I hope like hell you're not, then you've proven the point I've been trying to make.  Either way, Al is one of the most imformed posters on this forum.  A bit sarcastic maybe, but definitely not a fool.  Don't you think art garfunkel was just dead weight to Paul Simon?  Well, so do I.  But Paul was nice enough to let him cruise.  Kinda like the Democrats do with you, assuming you really are a Democrat.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 04:59:16 PM »

Anyone from another country should not be posting as if they are from this country.  They corrupt American politics.

Actually, I must admit that this was one of my first thoughts when I started posting here.  Well, not exactly, but I thought it was misleading to have a red Minnesota or whatever if you're neither a Democrat nor from Minnesota.  But after some thought, I realized that the foreign posters wanted to be open about whom they supported (although unless they're Cuban or from the House of Saud the disclosure probably isn't necessary) and that the only way to get the color red is by choosing a state.  Then most foreigners put something in their signature file to the effect that they're not actually Democrats, but want to be honest about being DNC-sympathizers.  That, and the fact that I enjoy discussing foreign politics as much as I enjoy discussing the politics of my own country, made me rethink my position.  Most amsterdammers, for example, aren't very well informed about Dutch politics.  So in 2002 when I was working in Amsterdam and I began to intelligently discuss dutch politics at work with the locals they became quite enthusiastic.  I've noticed this also on vacation in Latin America and North Africa, etc.  So it must be a two-way street.  If you expect to give your opinions abroad, expect them to have an opinion about your government's policies as well.  Don't think of it as "they're posting as if they are from this country" because they're not.  They are simply following US politics, and want you to know where their sympathies lie.  You might regard that as complimentary.  As if they think our government is important enough to form an opinion.  And after all, we're a nation of foreigners.  All four of my grandparents were born in Europe.  My significant other is a citizen of the PRC, and most of my neighbors are either from Mexico, Western Europe, or East Asia.  How many indigenous Americans do you really know?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »

Well, as my Governor might say, "Hasta la vista, baby."
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 05:33:33 PM »

Still red I notice...   Libertarian and Democrat.
Who wants to be consistent?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »

not necessary.  I agree with your earlier posting in another thread that the inconsistency is here, in our own partisan structure.    Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:41 PM »

Drop Cheney and the likely choices would be either Gov Bill Owens (R-CO) or Bill Frist (R-TN) both would not alienate the base and would strengthen the likleyhood of an easy sucession in 2008 without the need for a bloody primary battle... having said that Owens has marridge problems and Frist...well...he killed cats but generally either would have a better effect nationwide than Cheney ever could, Cheney was a good "choice" back in 2000 but Bush should no longer need him, at least electorally... but who can say what Bush needs Cheney for these days, proably as an adviser more than anything...          

Bush-Cheney 2004.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 06:13:37 PM »

You are giving Connecticut Dems a bad name.

You give Texas a bad name.  Oh wait Texas is already the toilet of this country.

I hate to laugh, but that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  On another note, how is it that every time I go to any thread CTGuy has just pissed someone off?

CTguy no longer exists Ian.  Long story.  Imagine Dave Liep is the annihilation operator, and CTguy is a complex wavefunction representing an extremely high-energy electron.  Poof.  gone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies