Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?  (Read 13505 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 27, 2004, 05:21:14 PM »

I'd say Iowa, which looks more solidly Kerry and Missouri that looks more solidly Bush. Also, Kerry is generally doing better than I'd expect.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 06:02:47 PM »

PA is definitely in play, as are NM, IA, MN, WS, and OR (60EV).  The only Republican states I see is similarly in play are NH, FL, and OH (51EV).

You see a tight field. I agree with your Democratic picks, but in addiittion to NH, FL, and OH I would add NV and WV.

Well, good points, I had actually thought about NV but see it as solid, and unfortunatly had completely forgotten WV.  I'd go along with adding that one for a total of 56 EV in play GOP states.

I agree with those picks as well. Though I think at least 1 or 2 of the Dem states mentioned will turn out to be more solid...not sure which though...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 06:11:53 PM »

The three tossups that will decide the election are Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania.  All three of those could go either way, they are all tossups.

Yep. Smiley

Whoever wins all 3 should be safe.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 06:32:49 PM »

The three tossups that will decide the election are Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania.  All three of those could go either way, they are all tossups.

Yep. Smiley

Whoever wins all 3 should be safe.

Even two of three, barring Richardson swinging AZ.

Bush can win with 2 of 3, but I don't think Kerry necessesarily would be safe.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »

Anyone from another country should not be posting as if they are from this country.  They corrupt American politics.

How so?

Becuase they are pretending to be American by masquerading around with American states under their names saying they support this or that legislation.  

They don't have to put a state under their name, I didn't have a state under mine for a long while.  They are doing it to corrupt the debate.

This debate is a lost cause.  It's either old redneckass geriatrics who think Jesus should be President or 14 year old foreigners who corrupt the debate.  I'm going to go back to doing important things at my work computer, like download music and ditch these "debate" sites.

Ah, the open mind of a tolerant New England Liberal! Much better than those narrow-minded rednecks in the South, the Northeastern Liberals really respect other people than their own and...well, I guess not. Now, for those who learned to READ in their fancy university, there's a text that tells you whch country all foreigners are actually from. But I guess that was too much for you, huh?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »

Anyone from another country should not be posting as if they are from this country.  They corrupt American politics.

Well, not exactly, but I thought it was misleading to have a red Minnesota or whatever if you're neither a Democrat nor from Minnesota.  

Who are you referring to? Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 05:37:12 PM »

Still red I notice...   Libertarian and Democrat.
Who wants to be consistent?

Lol...I am fairly consistent, but my quote insures that I never have to defend a trakc record. Wink

But I am willing to explain my political philophy anyday, my friend. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 05:52:10 PM »

not necessary.  I agree with your earlier posting in another thread that the inconsistency is here, in our own partisan structure.    Smiley

Good then. Another one has seen the light. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »

Nice CT.  You've managed now not only to insult those of us from the South, but now you've insulted those who are on this board from other countries.  Gustaf, Realpolitik, and others have more knowledge of American politics in their little finger than you have in that arrogant little brain of yours.

Oh please, while I agree the foreign liberlas are far more intelligent than trash such as you, they aren't that educated, at least not yet.  

We are obviously more tolerant, less narrow-minded and better at going about intellectual debates.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 06:48:54 PM »

Nice CT.  You've managed now not only to insult those of us from the South, but now you've insulted those who are on this board from other countries.  Gustaf, Realpolitik, and others have more knowledge of American politics in their little finger than you have in that arrogant little brain of yours.

Oh please, while I agree the foreign liberlas are far more intelligent than trash such as you, they aren't that educated, at least not yet.  

We are obviously more tolerant, less narrow-minded and better at going about intellectual debates.

No you obviously just want to corrupt other countries politics since you are bored with the politics in your own country.  If you can't vote in the United States I think you should shut up about US politics.

Please tell me how I'm corrupting your politics, I had no idea I was having that kind of influence...do you think everyone who's under 18 should also shut up about US politics?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 06:56:54 PM »

No you obviously just want to corrupt other countries politics since you are bored with the politics in your own country.  If you can't vote in the United States I think you should shut up about US politics.

Please tell me how I'm corrupting your politics, I had no idea I was having that kind of influence...do you think everyone who's under 18 should also shut up about US politics?

Because you take American polls online and skew the results.  People under 18 in the US already are mute about politics.

Those polls are skewered anyway...and you have an education? Did you learn anything about statistics? At all?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 03:23:53 PM »

Pardon my "french" here, but the notion that somehow we should ban foreigners from political discussion here is about as intollerant a ^&&^%%^$%$ing idea as I have ever heard.

Last time a checked the First Amendment, and a few other ideas I generally am rather fond of, held to the believe that an open discussion of all the fact led to a better democracy.

Ok.. call me a crazy Libertarian....

An argument stands or falls on the merits of the argument.

Gustaff (an excellent member of this community! - Go Gustaff!!)  and Seige make their  points, sometimes I agree, sometimes I do not, but regardless of the argument coming from Sweden, Latvia, or Mars, the argument carries the weight it deserves.. origin is irrelavant.

I rather enjoy the European perspective actually, it serves to remind me how important Jefferson's warning about limiting the size of government were!

Thanks. Smiley I have to ask why you consistently spell my name with a double 'ff' though? Just curious... Wink

I don't know if it makes much of a difference if I join in the general praise for your poll posts, but I will now anyway. Smiley

And we do have a problem of government influence...my dad was ranting about the fact that we're not allowed to have fires in our own backyards today...not exactly land of the free I guess. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies