"Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Might as well have Obama over Etch-a-Sketch Romney"  (Read 5699 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2012, 05:16:20 PM by Torie »

So when Romney gets nomination how does Rick endorse and walk this back without having his own etchasketch moment?  

Santorum has already "walked it back" of course, claiming he never said it, blah, blah, blah (politicians who admit they made a mistake are about as rare as Republicans in Berkeley, CA). Santorum just got over-excited is all, as his is wont, and overstated matters. Presumably he meant that Mittens = Obama lite (ludicrous of course but whatever), rather than Mittens = Obama.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »

Phil,
Santorum just alienated a whole bunch of people.  Don't expect him to help his candidacy with this.

I said that in my first post. However, if he cruises tomorrow in Louisiana, expect this story to be absolutely nothing. In fact, I haven't seen it get much play today.

Oh I have no doubt the media has been solidly in the bag for Romney during this entire primary.

What? The media despises Romney, they want to keep this primary going on for as long as possible. After Romney won OH, the headlines were 'Romney hasn't sealed the deal yet' and whatnot.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »

Phil,
Santorum just alienated a whole bunch of people.  Don't expect him to help his candidacy with this.

I said that in my first post. However, if he cruises tomorrow in Louisiana, expect this story to be absolutely nothing. In fact, I haven't seen it get much play today.

Oh I have no doubt the media has been solidly in the bag for Romney during this entire primary.

What? The media despises Romney, they want to keep this primary going on for as long as possible. After Romney won OH, the headlines were 'Romney hasn't sealed the deal yet' and whatnot.

Yes, even before half the states have voted, the media has been acting like Romney is on the verge of closing the deal- while it's a question, it's a question that ultimately works in Romney's favor and one they've been asking since before New Hampshire.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »

Stupid comment by Rick.

Reaganfan's post pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »

I remember following the 2008 republican and democratic races I don't remember any of the front runners being treated as bad as romney, by his own people. Wow and romney says everyone will unite. Really? Your main rival is saying on national tv he rather have obama for a 2nd term. So that says obama is not bad afterall. And your advisor goes on tv saying crazy things in the same week. Obama is one lucky guy. I hope santorum drag this race out because everyday he makes it better.

"Voodoo economics?"
Did Bush the Father suggest that we'd be better off voting for Carter?

Gerald Ford kept harping about how Ronald Reagan couldn't win. He even suggested that he might enter the race to stop Reagan. Functionally, his message was a vote for Reagan was a vote for Carter.

Carter beat Ford, and Reagan beat Carter. Moderates have been sandbagging conservatives for a long time.

"Governor Reagan didn't start a war.  President Reagan could."  1976
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »

If anyone ever doubted that Santorum is a certifiable nut case, this latest outburst proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »

If anyone ever doubted that Santorum is a certifiable nut case, this latest outburst proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

The GOP has become a nutcase party. Santorum, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, etc. None of them are living on this planet.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »

This?? Of all the crazy, crazy things Santorum has said believes, this is what finally convinces you he's nuts??
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »

This?? Of all the crazy, crazy things Santorum has said believes, this is what finally convinces you he's nuts??

This brings all his crazy statements to a head.
ajb
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 12:35:46 AM »

The truth is, Santorum represents the mainstream of the Republican party today.
RBH

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »

1) Santorum is out after he loses PA

2) Exit polling shows the "I'll only vote Republican if my guy wins" vote goes to Santorum. Thus Romney will have to spend some time soothing those wounds that he should be using to win enough Obama 08 voters to make up the 7% 2008 gap
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »

No, he represents the Evangelic wing of the Republican Party, which seems to be weakening.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »

No, he represents the Evangelic wing of the Republican Party, which seems to be weakening.

Another way of saying it: Rick Santorum is riding a dead horse. The evangelical wing is as resolute in its belief as it ever has, but it can't even reliably hold onto its kids as political allies. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies