The good US economic news Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:45:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  The good US economic news Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The good US economic news Thread  (Read 10654 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: April 08, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But not everybody's satisfied...

Roll Eyes

This is meh-economic news rather than good-economic news.  120K new jobs per month is not going to put a dent in long term unemployment and the decline in the unemployment rate was because people stopped looking for work.  While it is not the bad economic news Romney needs to get elected, it is not the good economic news America needs either.

Perhaps you should wait about the inevitable revision. I read that sometimes as much as 100 thousand jobs get added in revised jobs reports.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »

But not everybody's satisfied...

Roll Eyes

This is meh-economic news rather than good-economic news.  120K new jobs per month is not going to put a dent in long term unemployment and the decline in the unemployment rate was because people stopped looking for work.  While it is not the bad economic news Romney needs to get elected, it is not the good economic news America needs either.

Perhaps you should wait about the inevitable revision. I read that sometimes as much as 100 thousand jobs get added in revised jobs reports.

Or they can get taken away, and if they be this would transform this from meh to bad.  However, there's no way to know whether when revised if this stays meh, or becomes good or bad.  Right now, it's meh, so it's meh.

Again from what I've read the norm is to add jobs after revisions.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:23 AM »

It occurred to me that you really might believe the nonsense you are spouting.

I know it's hard to believe it Carl but the same thought about you occurred to me a long time ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies