Mittens: I won't tell you where I'll cut back govt because it would impolitic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mittens: I won't tell you where I'll cut back govt because it would impolitic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mittens: I won't tell you where I'll cut back govt because it would impolitic  (Read 2797 times)
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« on: March 25, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »

To be fair, the average American does want lower taxes, higher spending and a balanced budget.

Yup, this is pretty stupid. Cut taxes, increase spending, and then whine about the resulting deficit/increasing debt. You don't have to look further than states with initiatives to see the resulting chaos.

It usually starts with taxes (lower/capped property taxes (of course watch big business convince them corporate property taxes need to be cut too) and supermajority requirements to raise taxes) and then increase spending on prisons with mandatory minimum sentences.

Oh shoot, now we have a deficit and corporate giveaways in healthcare and prisons is crowding out the rest of the budget? Blame the state legislature! Throw them all out!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies