Republicans....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:09:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Republicans....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republicans....  (Read 3393 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »

I have a question regarding you and your de facto nominee, Mitt Romney:

Are any of you here willing to put in the footwork for Mitt Romney or will it be more the 'I'll vote for him but I won't do anything else for him' situation?  I am asking because I am unsure whether your disdain for Romney is stronger than your desperation to ensure President Obama doesn't win a second term.  

Unless you have already decided that Obama's re-election is a foregone conclusion.  
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »

Last week my Avatar was R-NC
last few days it was I-NC
today it's C-NC, with a "Virgil Goode 2012" sign in ma siggy Tongue

Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »

I would have joined Klecly in supporting Goode a few weeks ago... but specifically with a lot of this DOJ business with NYPD and overrulling state laws and also with the contraceptives and Catholic Church issue- I believe we have seen what a 2nd Obama term would look like. I do not believe Obama is a bad man or any one in his administration is not a good person- I do believe however that they are far more radical then they let on and we have seen bits and pieces throughout his term. If I can help Romney locally or thru my Legion post or church, I wll do that.  You won't find me in phone banks or sign waving but I wouldn't for anyone.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:18 AM »

Like clarence, I've found Obama's done his best lately to piss me off.  If he keeps doing it and Romney looks so much better by comparison, I'll vote for Romney. If Romney starts pissin me off again too, I'll vote for Johnson if he's the Libertarian nominee. No way I'll volunteer or even put a sticker on my car for Romney. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »

I can say this much: I will not be helping his campaign. I have other races to worry about anyway so that's another reason why I won't be helping.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »

I can't vote, but I most certainly will not campaign for Mittens. Instead, I'll campaign for either the Libertarian nominee (who will probably be either Gary Johnson or R. Lee Wrights) or Buddy Roemer, if he's the Americans Elect nominee. In such a case, I'll likely be spending a bit more time campaigning for Sam Rohrer for Senate. But whatever.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »

In such a case, I'll likely be spending a bit more time campaigning for Sam Rohrer for Senate. But whatever.

If he's the nominee. Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »

In such a case, I'll likely be spending a bit more time campaigning for Sam Rohrer for Senate. But whatever.

Shhhhh Tongue He's got a 4-6 point lead over Smith in most polls Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »

There have been few polls, tons of undecided voters (most of the electorate) and we are a month away. Wink
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »

There have been few polls, tons of undecided voters (most of the electorate) and we are a month away. Wink

Very true Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

I want to be able to look back 20 years from now and say "Yes, I helped America return to her greatness."

I'll be doing whatever I can to make sure Mitt Romney carries the state of Indiana this November.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »

I remember that there was a big write-in campaign for Sam Rohrer back in 2010 (I saw more signs for him than for Corbett or Onorato, many from Amish farms). I assume that went nowhere.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »

I remember that there was a big write-in campaign for Sam Rohrer back in 2010 (I saw more signs for him than for Corbett or Onorato, many from Amish farms). I assume that went nowhere.

I campaigned for Onorato in the general. I cannot stand Tom Corbett. My mom voted for Rohrer in the primary and I made a few calls for Rohrer too. I saw a lot more of his signs than Corbett's or Onorato's here in MontCo as well.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »

I want to be able to look back 20 years from now and say "Yes, I helped America return to her greatness."

I'll be doing whatever I can to make sure Mitt Romney carries the state of Indiana this November.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotherapy
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

Blegh...this reminds me of just how deep the loss of personality has affected the American people. We measure our success and worth based on our association with successful brands. I hadn't thought of it in a political sense before, but this just struck me as a perfect example of it. Not to pick on you, tmth, you just reminded me Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

I campaigned for Onorato in the general. I cannot stand Tom Corbett. My mom voted for Rohrer in the primary and I made a few calls for Rohrer too. I saw a lot more of his signs than Corbett's or Onorato's here in MontCo as well.

There wasn't a big write in effort; there was big talk about it. That's it. And the talk was centered around his base in Central PA and his home turf of Berks county.

You saw more Rohrer signs than Corbett in Montco? Maybe in western Montco but that can't be true in your area unless it was literally two signs to one. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »

I think fear of what Obama will do without the prospect of having to win votes again, will drive many Republicans and conservatives out to the polls regardless of who the nominee is. I think you will see efforts by the PACs, American Crossroads etc etc to ensure that every conservative and every Republican is reminded just why they don't like Barack Obama. If attacks will be made on healthcare, they will be the ones to make it, not Romney. There is a PAC supported ad running here that attacks Obama as being a Wall Street whore. That kind of thing will continue regardless of whether Romney is the nominee and will face no accountability for having a Wall Street candidate, either.

We have seen this already with Romney's PAC launching attacks against his opponents on things and issues that would also apply to Romney or be hyprocritical for himself to bring up.  Since this will be a faceless PAC run by GOP insiders with no connection to the Romney other than the GOP affiliation, the gloves will be even more off. And Rove will have probably around $75 to $100 million to do this with just his American Crossroads. There will be other PACs in operation as well. This is why Obama reversed himself on utilizing the PACs because he realizes just how much of threat these are if he disarms himself. There is also Reince Priebus at the RNC and the turnout efforts he will be engaging in. He has some kind of effort going on, that he utilized successfully in WI and is now deploying nationwide.

That said, you do need some level of grassroots and some level of pavement pounding to get the job done. Especially in a state like Virginia, a state that could easily slip away in a close race for lack of grassroots efforts on Mitten's behalf. There is a risk that Crossroads and the RNC turn out conservatives and they defect to a third party or leave the ballot for Prez blank.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »

There wasn't a big write in effort; there was big talk about it. That's it. And the talk was centered around his base in Central PA and his home turf of Berks county.

You saw more Rohrer signs than Corbett in Montco? Maybe in western Montco but that can't be true in your area unless it was literally two signs to one. Tongue

The only Corbett sign I saw around here was at my house. There was about 4 or 5 in the Glenside area, which is traditionally more Republican.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »

I made 30,000 calls in 2010, organized students for sign wavings, and recruited and trained dozens of republicans to make phone calls and also participate at events.

With Romney as the nominee I will consider voting for him. I will vote for third party if there's a good conservative candidate because I see no way Romney could possibly beat Obama. If Colorado actually ends up being close, I'll vote for Romney reluctantly.

Our Congressional candidate, Joe Coors, lacks energy (since he's almost 80) and is a pretty terrible candidate, though his staff is way better than Ryan Frazier's (they even got the lease from Perlmutter's campaign HQ which he's had since 08). We don't have any state-wide elections. I might organize for our State Rep who was restricted into a lean-Dem district compared to an evenly split one, or for another State Rep who's district I used to be in.

Other than that, I think I'm going to sit this one out. Our candidates our weak, and so the energy is already low, and it is honestly pointless for me to try to GOTV and recruit volunteers when they don't have a cause worth fighting for. It was tough enough in 2010, with a good year and awesome candidates (IMO).

Our party leadership is mostly poor, but compared to Nevada and Maine we have the slickest machine running. I don't see how we can run against the Obama campaign like this. They were d*mn good last time in Jefferson County, and all of Colorado for that matter. I worked with some of the people in charge of the area on a city council campaign (yes I've worked for democrats Wink ) and the Obama campaign did a truly amazing job.
esamer90
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »

I am voting for Romney because i think he is the best candidate to fix this country. He will cut spending, balance the budget, and get this country back on track. My passion for Romney, and my passion against Obama, work together. Neither over rides the other.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 05:14:19 AM »

I am voting for Romney because i think he is the best candidate to fix this country.

lol
Colbert
France

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »

no one can do that.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »

Obama is definately going to win, so I'm not enthusiastic enough to do anything. Maybe I'll move to WV or some other place where people have the right idea, but beyond that, no.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »

I will vote for him and put a sticker on my car, but that's about it. I never help with campaigns so I doubt it will change this year. I have already accepted Obama will be reelected easily, so I won't be too heavily invested this time around.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »

I have contributed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies