Are you better off than 4 years ago (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:56:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Are you better off than 4 years ago (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you better off than 4 years ago
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Are you better off than 4 years ago  (Read 6551 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

No - My family and I are barely hanging on by a thread economically.  My mom works in the mortgage business - she has ok months and terrible months.  She recently, along with her boyfriend, had to downsize from a house to a condo.  Her boyfriend develops homes.  There has been no pickup in his business and people are not building new homes.  My brother is working 6+ days a week.  I am living off of loans while working - there are months where there's a downturn in ones week to week finances and one of us has to sacrifice to support the other.  We've each had a turn at this.  My aunt is close to being homeless because of money spent to take care of my grandma before she passed.  Even minor events effect our financial situation and a major event could put us all out on the street.

I have hope though that the career path Ive chosen will lead to me being able to provide security and protection for my family and get us back on track.  It won't be because of the president though.  He...I have no words for how much pain he has deliberately caused along with Bush.  And that's that.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »

No - My family and I are barely hanging on by a thread economically.  My mom works in the mortgage business - she has ok months and terrible months.  She recently, along with her boyfriend, had to downsize from a house to a condo.  Her boyfriend develops homes.  There has been no pickup in his business and people are not building new homes.  My brother is working 6+ days a week.  I am living off of loans while working - there are months where there's a downturn in ones week to week finances and one of us has to sacrifice to support the other.  We've each had a turn at this.  My aunt is close to being homeless because of money spent to take care of my grandma before she passed.  Even minor events effect our financial situation and a major event could put us all out on the street.

I have hope though that the career path Ive chosen will lead to me being able to provide security and protection for my family and get us back on track.  It won't be because of the president though.  He...I have no words for how much pain he has deliberately caused along with Bush.  And that's that.

"Deliberately caused"? Huh
Not going there Badger...that leads to a board meltdown and then personal attacks on my intelligence, neither of which I am in the mood for tonight.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »

"Deliberately caused"? Huh
Not going there Badger...that leads to a board meltdown and then personal attacks on my intelligence, neither of which I am in the mood for tonight.

Well, you threw that grenade out there, but whatever. If you rally believe Obama--or Bush for that matter--"deliberately caused" the economic pain our country is slowly recovering from, well, yes, I can see why you might have concerns about others questioning your intelligence.

On the subject, looking at the question again, I have to say absolutely--and just within the last year. New dream job, new dream home, the wife passed the torch on the non-profit art center she founded and has her life back now. Smiley The improving economy is just the icing on the cake.
I'm happy for you that you are doing well and congrats on the art center.  I don't agree with you on an improving economy - at least in the metrics that matter to the poor and middle class: gas prices, food prices, inflation and jobs.  I do really believe both Bush and Obama plotted and planned to hurt people in favor of their business and ideological allies.  I just prefer not to discuss that because it leads to irrational questioning of intelligence.  All I put forward is a different theory of events that occur.  People refuse to accept the school of thought that we are led by a group of charlatans who seek unlimited power, privilege and control.  Just because someone else doesn't agree with what I believe, does not make me wrong or of limited intellectual capacity (and vice versa).  Forums are for discussion and debate - not personal attacks (unless they are attacks ascribed to those in the public arena).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies