Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:02:23 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Petition to un-mod Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Petition to un-mod Inks  (Read 2951 times)
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »
Ignore

People seem generally very unaware of what kind of forum Dave wants to have.

The deluge thread was a thread devoted to personal attacks. Talk about stopping it has been going on for a while and I think the only reason it didn't happen earlier was because everyone knew the usual suspects would take out the pitchforks over it.

And yet this thread was obviously fine until one day Inks woke up and logged in.

Exactly. You basically turned from total and absolute tolerance to outright shutting the thread ! If you think some of the comments there were over the top, wouldn't a "guys, please don't take it too far" have been a more proportionate response ?

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »
Ignore

I suppose programs such as "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report" should be taken off television since they show people routinely saying dumb or ignorant things (well-known people at that). Even thought I think Jay Leno blows, it looks like the "Jaywalking" segment would have to come to an end as well.  Also, the "Sideshow" section of "Hardball" that appears every night.

We can't risk offending people!
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »
Ignore

Petition to De-mod all mods and have an election to fill the positions? Seriously. MasterJedi isn't active anymore, neither is Emsworth, Lunar isn't around anymore, etc. etc. An election is just what this forum needs. It would be fun and re-vitalize things around here. Plus people would stop bitching about "everyone is against t3h m0dz!!11one!1!!!"

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:31 pm »
Ignore

I suppose programs such as "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report" should be taken off television since they show people routinely saying dumb or ignorant things (well-known people at that). Even thought I think Jay Leno blows, it looks like the "Jaywalking" segment would have to come to an end as well.  Also, the "Sideshow" section of "Hardball" that appears every night.

We can't risk offending people!

And soon, the only thing we'll be allowed to discuss is whether map shades are too bright or just sufficient.
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
Ignore

Petition to De-mod all mods and have an election to fill the positions?

That would provide Atlas Fantasy Elections with some purpose.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »
Ignore

Petition to De-mod all mods and have an election to fill the positions?

That would provide Atlas Fantasy Elections with some purpose.

Bingo.

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 04:44:01 pm »
Ignore

How convenient that after more than eight years Dave finally shows up and lets us know what kind of forum he wants!
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »
Ignore

How convenient that after more than eight years Dave finally shows up and lets us know what kind of forum he wants!

Anyone who has read Dave's posts would have known this all along. He would probably take issue with making fun of Pbrower.

Also, this was not something that happened on a whim overnight.

And the Atlas Forum is not The Daily Show. People really conflate the forum with the world way too much.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:07 pm »
Ignore

The deluge thread was a thread devoted to personal attacks. Talk about stopping it has been going on for a while and I think the only reason it didn't happen earlier was because everyone knew the usual suspects would take out the pitchforks over it.

the deluge thread was locked?!  OK, seriously, what the heck is going on?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 10:11:15 pm »
Ignore

As someone who has been asking for Inks to resign his moderatorship for at least the last two years, it is about time this thread come to pass.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »
Ignore

Making Inks a moderator was a serious mistake. The fact he wanted the job so bad should have tipped us off.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 10:18:55 pm »
Ignore

Sam, what the heck is going on with the Mods?  are they purposely trying to do everything exactly opposite of what the jmfcst suggests.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:42 pm »
Ignore

Making Inks a moderator was a serious mistake. The fact he wanted the job so bad should have tipped us off.

careful, I want to be a Mod.

Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 10:23:00 pm »
Ignore

careful, I want to be a Mod.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't be a mod either. Tongue
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 10:23:17 pm »
Ignore

It's long past time the process of appointing moderators was changed. I don't know if elections are the answer, but clearly the current system has resulted in a set of out of control megalomaniacs who care more about showing off their power than fostering a healthy and enjoyable forum community.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 10:23:35 pm »
Ignore

I'm not going to respond to this thread past this point, because trying to reason with you people on this matter is a waste of my time, but I really don't get where the whole idea that I badly wanted to be a moderator came from.

I never longed to be a mod - Dave offered it to me, and I wanted to help the forum.  That's the truth, and anybody who truly knows me knows I'm an honest person who stands by his word and his principles.  For those who don't believe me, that's your right, but I ultimately don't really care.  I'll hold my head high knowing I'm in the right.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »
Ignore

I'm not going to respond to this thread past this point, because trying to reason with you people on this matter is a waste of my time, but I really don't get where the whole idea that I badly wanted to be a moderator came from.

I never longed to be a mod - Dave offered it to me, and I wanted to help the forum.  That's the truth, and anybody who truly knows me knows I'm an honest person who stands by his word and his principles.  For those who don't believe me, that's your right, but I ultimately don't really care.  I'll hold my head high knowing I'm in the right.

I remember the threads.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:19 pm »
Ignore

Inks, if you'll take a look at the beginning of this thread, I refused to sign the petition...I'm not blaming you...I'm truly not anti-Inks or anti-Mod, I just want the forum we used to have.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:35 pm »
Ignore

I'll hold my head high knowing I'm in the right.

Inks, this issue is NOT about being right or wrong, it's about having fun.

Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »
Ignore

I was referring to the false claim that I badly wanted to be a mod.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 11:09:59 pm »
Ignore

You'd better go back through your history and start deleting those posts quickly where you suggest 'this forum needs a mod' and 'that forum needs a mod', which invariably were filled with posts afterwards 'i'd volunteer for the position if no one else wants to'.  Smiley
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 12:54:33 am »
Ignore

I remember the threads.

This is interesting.

Can somebody provide link/quotations please?
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:54 am »
Ignore

I'm not going to respond to this thread past this point, because trying to reason with you people on this matter is a waste of my time,

See, this is the problem.

Here it how it always goes. A poster brings out legitimate criticism toward a particular mod for a precise reason. Several people agree with him. Then, the anti-mod crusaders jump into the thread and turn it into a rant on how evil moderators are and how the forum would be so awesome without them. Then the moderator in question points out these anti-mod crusaders and say "well, you see, those who criticize me are idiots". That way, he escapes being accountable for his debatable actions.

I'm not saying it's a strategy you do on purpose, but you do it nonetheless, and it's quite unfortunate.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:05 am »
Ignore

I remember the threads.

This is interesting.

Can somebody provide link/quotations please?

I never said I didn't volunteer.  If I remember correctly, I did so one time; however, the claim that I wanted it "badly" is WAY overplayed.
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 04:54:52 am »
Ignore

As someone who has been asking for Inks to resign his moderatorship for at least the last two years, it is about time this thread come to pass.

I haven't even been a moderator for two years, so you couldn't have been asking for that "for at least the last two years".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout