Game Reform Panel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:12:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Reform Panel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Game Reform Panel  (Read 6871 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2012, 11:22:29 AM by Tmthforu94 »

Game Reform Panel

The goal of this panel is quite simple - develop, discuss, and implement idea's to make this game more enjoyable. These idea's range from a variety of area's, from elections to "boring" positions.

By April 30th, the goal for this committee is to have develop a complete game plan on how we believe we can make Atlasia a better place, and have several recommendations for the Senate to implement.

Current Members of the Panel (Subject to Change)Sad
Tmthforu94
Napoleon
Pingvin
Scott
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

Pretty sure we already did this.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »

We're doing it again. We announced that during the campaign.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2012, 12:26:50 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Checking in. I am excited to work with the VP and anyone else who may join us to find practical solutions. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »

I propose making opebo the monarch of Atlasia...
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »

Can I join?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »

1. Extend Presidential Term to one six-month term.

2. Senate Reform - At-large senate seats abolished, instead give one additional seat to the each region.

3. Set Senate terms to coincide with all presidential elections.

4. Appoint all former Presidents and Vice Presidents to the new office of "National Senator".

5. Establish term limit in the Regional Legislatures and Senate - 1 year.

6. Establish  limit for SC Judges - one 1,5 year term.

7. Regional Legislators should meet 2 sessions in the year as members of National Assembly. One session = one week.

8. Cabinet Reform
   10.1 - Secretary of Federal Elections renamed into the Head of Federal Electoral Comittee.
   10.2 - Register General renamed into the Head of Federal  Statistics Service.
   10.3 - Secretary of Internal Affairs position is abolished and his duties are re-shared between Secretary of National Defense, Secretary of State Treasury and Chief of Staff.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's worth a constructive debate, as I haven't really heard this idea. I think the main concept behind a 4-month term was to match RL in terms of numbers... 4 months /=/ 4 years.

I'm pro-region, but a tough sell in the current environment, as our regional Senate seat elections haven't been too competitive.

Would you support this even if we left the At-Large seats? That's obviously create 6-month terms for Senators, but could having them all together at once create confusion?

What would be the role of this? Would they have Senate voting powers? Not too crazy on the idea, as many of our former Presidents and VPs are no longer active. Interesting idea, though.

Personally believe this infringes on the regions - they should be able to set their own term limits. I also am against term limits at this juncture of time, considering we are having an activity problem in the Senate.

Not a terrible idea. Worth discussing.

What would be the purpose of this?

What's the purpose of the name change? I'm kind of lost on the 3rd part - basically you're proposing that we split the SoIA position into 3 parts?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »

What about a "Questioning the Power" type legislation to promote transperancy between the national, regional governments, and The People?

I'm in on aiding game reform if the rest will have me?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »

What about a "Questioning the Power" type legislation to promote transperancy between the national, regional governments, and The People?

I'm in on aiding game reform if the rest will have me?
We do that down south.  Doesn't serve a purpose as far as I can see, but it's part of tradition and so it stays.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »

Hey, I think everything mentioned so far can only make things worse. We need to get people active, not push more and more people away.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »

Hey, I think everything mentioned so far can only make things worse. We need to get people active, not push more and more people away.
Do you have any suggestions?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »

Why don't we all quit Atlasia and go play Politburo, as soon as I finish making it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Why don't we all quit Atlasia and go play Politburo, as soon as I finish making it.
Do you know how much more difficult it'd be to get all Atlasians to join a new game? Wink Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

I'm going to state the obvious - this game is facing a fork in the road. I know, every election we say "this is a critical election" yada yada, but this time really is. Atlasia has been steadily declining for a while, and it really took a hit when the JCP and RPP dissolved a few months ago.

One idea that floated my mind was a game reset - reset all policy to where America is today and start new. But then I thought, will that really do anything to spur activity, or just give more work for those already active?

We need something big, guys, to move this game in the right direction. Cabinet restructuring? We could do it just to make small improvements, but it's not going to really help the game moving forward. Set term limits for the Supreme Court? Same deal.

Wiki is great for viewing Atlasia's history, but reforming it won't do squat in fixing this game.

What this game needs, IMO, is controversy and politics. We're always harping about how we hate negativity and it leads to the downfall of the game, but I'm not sure I agree with that. Some of Atlasia's greatest were also some of our most controversial. I think this game's at it's best when there is a lot of activity, and something big has to be going on to get that to happen, not pretty, shaking hands politics. (This is going against what I've always preached)

In conclusion, the three of us (and anyone else who wants to join), need to make some proposals to Atlasia on what we think could solve the problem. Here is one thought I have:

- Reviving the RPP and JCP. Especially the RPP - I think at this point, the right-wing is in complete confusion, with almost no set organization in place. It's like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. That may be great for the left, but it's not good for the game.

- I'll still bring up a game reset, just to see where your heads are on that - if anyone thinks it'll be benficial.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

And I am in complete agreement, of course. We need to make Atlasia a bit more intune to present day issues. This will keep people interested and active, and make it easier to understand the game.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »

And I am in complete agreement, of course. We need to make Atlasia a bit more intune to present day issues. This will keep people interested and active, and make it easier to understand the game.
Would a game reset help with that, perhaps? From that point forward, we could work out with the SoIA and GM in making sure stories are concurrent with what's going on in the real world. Generating discussion on the Keystone Pipeline is a perfect example. Perhaps we take a hot-button issue once a month, create a simplified version on here and debate it?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 11:43:10 PM »

So we would reset the issues of the day to those of the real world?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

Maybe a game reset would wake up the right and the left both.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »

So we would reset the issues of the day to those of the real world?
Yes, for the most part, issues that are currently going on would also go on here. Of course, for example, there would be no news here on Hillary Rosen's comments towards Ann Romney. Also, if RL Congress passed a bill that we didn't, from the reset forward, we would pretend it didn't happen.

Does this make sense?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 04:44:28 PM »

I wish people were on board with a full on "game reset" nearly two years ago.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

Just so I understand, "game reset" doesn't indicate throwing everyone out of office and holding elections for all of them, correct?  That's just what comes to my mind when I read the words "game reset".

As for the wiki, I've noticed there are a bunch of pages on there that need to be updated.  I've tried logging in to fix the pages myself, but I've never been able to access my wiki account, if one even exists.  My guess is that only certain people are allowed to edit the wiki, but I'm not sure how it works, to be completely honest.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

Just so I understand, "game reset" doesn't indicate throwing everyone out of office and holding elections for all of them, correct?  That's just what comes to my mind when I read the words "game reset".

As for the wiki, I've noticed there are a bunch of pages on there that need to be updated.  I've tried logging in to fix the pages myself, but I've never been able to access my wiki account, if one even exists.  My guess is that only certain people are allowed to edit the wiki, but I'm not sure how it works, to be completely honest.

You have to message Dave for wiki access.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

Game reset would reset the policies, not the politicians, Scott. Smiley

Click on the "Email" tab on the very top of this website, and message Dave asking for Wiki access. Give him a week, and if you still don't have access, message him again. You should get it then.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

Ah.  Just making sure.  Thanks, guys. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »