Least favorite national politician of your party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:06:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Least favorite national politician of your party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Least favorite national politician of your party  (Read 2963 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »

Let's try not to make this about ideology- I am sure Dems will say Lieberman and my fellow Republicans might say Olympia Snow or some one similar...make it about personality and ethics

My least favorite is clearly Senator Saxby Chambliss of Georgia...take a look at this ad- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFYpd0q9nE

He questions Max Cleland's courage and puts him in the same ad as bin Laden...let's talk about courage. Captain Cleland served in Vietnam winning both the Silver Star and Bronze Star for valor in combat- to give you an idea the Silver Star is one notch below the Medal of Honor. He became a triple amputee after what was basically friendly fire with a grenade... and went on to become Administrator of the VA and a respected public servant

Saxby Chabmliss meanwhile decided to get FIVE student deferments- and when that wouldnt' work anymore he got a medical deferment for bad knees from an old football injury.

If it ended there- he would be an asshole but not the worst politician in the Republican Party. Instead, he had the audacity to seek a spot on the Armed Services Committee- something Lott gave him for I don't know what reason... I didn't hear from Chambliss until the Don't Ask Don't Tell debate. There were legitimate points on both sides but then we here this bullsh**t from Saxby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99Mpth6n5c

"And today we know we’ve got gay and lesbian soldiers serving. They’ve served in the past; they’re going to serve in the future; and they’re going to serve in a very valiant way.
But the primary purpose of the armed forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise. Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life in that military society is characterized by its own laws, rules, customs and traditions – including restrictions on personal behavior that would not be acceptable in civilian society. Examples include alcohol use, adultery, fraternization and body art. If we change this rule of don’t ask, don’t tell, what are we going to do with these other issues?
The armed forces must maintain personnel policies that exclude persons whose presence in the armed forces would create an unacceptable risk to the armed forces’ high standards of morale, good order and discipline and unit cohesion. In my opinion, the presence in the armed forces of persons who demonstrate a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts would very likely create an unacceptable risk to those high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and effective unit cohesion and effectiveness."

The last thing  I want to hear from a deferment pussy who has questioned the courage of a Silver Star recipient is how "military life is fundamentally different from civilian life" AS IF HE WOULD KNOW!!!

The word "chickenhawk" has never applied better...

Who are your least favorite politicians in your party?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:05:57 AM »

I gotta say, this rant is beautiful. (although I too have never served in the military)

Thank you- but it is not only about not serving. It is about avoiding service then questioning the service of a man who not only volunteered to serve but is a decorated combat veteran and THEN talking like an expert on military life...

Some fellas at my Legion post watch the Armed Services committees in Congress every time they meet and I do sometimes- there are many on there who haven't served and that angers some of my fellow Legionnaires but the ones I'm talking about show respect and deference to those who did when talking about those issues...Chambliss does not
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies