Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 26, 2015, 05:28:25 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Lincoln and Obama States
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which do YOU identify with?
Green   -5 (71.4%)
Gold   -0 (0%)
Red   -1 (14.3%)
Blue   -1 (14.3%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Lincoln and Obama States  (Read 65 times)
Polls_PuffPass
ssuperflash

View Profile
« on: Today at 04:15:16 pm »
Ignore

Lincoln 1860/Obama 2012 States: Green
Lincoln 1860/Non-Obama 2012 States: Gold
Non-Lincoln 1860/Obama 2012 States: Red
Non-Lincoln 1860/Non-Obama 2012 States: Blue

Stereotypes:
Green: True Northern, cosmopolitan, pro-minority states, with plenty of liberal whites.
Gold: Populist, blue collar states, with a slight racial bias but some sympathy for minorities.
Red: States overwhelmed with demographic change, whites lean conservative.
Blue: Ultra-conservative, bigoted, regressive, unreconstructed, not changed demographically yet.

Politicians:
Green: Most similar to George McGovern. Looking forward to the future, and to change.
Gold: Most similar to Andrew Johnson. Based in the past, but accept minor changes, and can sometimes seem progressive.
Red: Most similar to Jeb Bush. Moderate right-winger who wants to appeal to minorities.
Blue: Most similar to George Wallace. Conservative and rooted a good 40 years in the past.

Rockefeller GOP
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:00:29 pm »
Ignore

Once again I take issue with the revisionist claim that George Wallace was conservative, as it is often used based on the logic that he was a racist (as if liberals can't be racist) and completely ignores his plethora of liberal positions.

As for the strange topic, obviously green, though I once again object to the politician, as those green states have elected mostly center-right politicians throughout their history until the New Deal (for some) and the mid-to-late 20th Century (the holdouts like ME, NH and VT).

"That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence built"

- Abraham Lincoln

Economic: +1.94
Social: -2.96
Polls_PuffPass
ssuperflash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:02:19 pm »
Ignore

I literally called my descriptions stereotypes... they weren't supposed to be nuanced. I don't actually think every person in say, Alabama, is racist.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:05:09 pm by Polls_PuffPass »Logged

Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:17:36 pm »
Ignore

The blue states are the best ones overall, because of Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Tennessee, followed by the red states. The only good green states are the pacific ones.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout